jjtx300

Taiwan Police Certificate Requirements

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

My Taiwanese wife's police certificate is dated February 2nd, 2015, and is translated in English. I am currently waiting for case complete, but NVC customer service has indicated that the police certificate is not checked off as complete. They can't tell me the reason, though. I'm certain I included the police certificate in the combined package of documents, so I'm wondering what the issue is. Anyone have any guess? Is the police certificate only good for 6 months, or is it a year?

-John

Timeline

ok.. no replies to this so far... let me ask another question...

does the NVC have any general requirement for how old a police certificate can be? Anyone had a similar police certificate issue with the NVC, from any country?

Timeline

Hey, we just submitted the original copy from police station, it works with NVC. Not sure what do you mean by "translated in English" mean. The original one has chinese and english on it already.

Timeline

Hey, we just submitted the original copy from police station, it works with NVC. Not sure what do you mean by "translated in English" mean. The original one has chinese and english on it already.

How old was your police certificate when you submitted it to the NVC? Mine was almost 3 months old when I submitted it, and now it's 5 months old... and I'm still waiting on my DS-260 review before I can get case complete, or a checklist.

I happened to submit a copy, but that was suggested in this wiki guide, so I don't think that's the issue.

When I said it was "translated in English," I misspoke. We didn't have it translated actually... the original came with Chinese and English on it already, as you mentioned.

Timeline

mt package was delivered to the NVC on March 24th, but due to issue I was not able to submit DS-260 until May 1st and furthermore due to computer problems my submitted DS-260 was not "visible" to the person that needed to review it. So earlier this month it got escalated to the supervisor to fix that problem, and at that time that's when they are telling me everything looks OK except the police certificate was not checked off as complete (but they couldn't tell me the exact reason)

Timeline

Case complete! I just got off the phone with an NVC representative. He told me the case was completed on July 21st (three days ago). Just waiting to get an appointment with the Taipei embassy (AIT). I thought I would get an email when the case was completed, but the rep said They will send an email once the appointment is scheduled. I guess there wasn't really an issue with the police certificate, after all (maybe the person looking at it just wasn't sure at the time).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.