BrianTroy

TSC NOA2 delay, no RFE's

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

You're being naive ;-)

And if you already did the math, what's the point of wasting money?

Nothing is guaranteed with USCIS! Some people get their approval within weeks, some people months, some people over a year - or denied.

Do yourself a favor and save the money.

You unfortunately seem to be the one that is naive believing VJ data is actually as comprehensive and as accurate as software program mining real data from USCIS. But ditto... thanks for the pointers ;) despite having never having seen an ImmiFairy report you are categorically dismissive of it!

Naive? If you say so. ::girliegrin::

So.....how many total February K1 filers are there and what percentage has been looked at as of today? Approved vs RFE? You may not care to know but some of us do. And if that's how we're handling this process how exactly is thay your busniess? No one says you need to sign up, just that if you want accurate up to date info that's where to find it.

Also, I spent half my career as a database and data analysis consultant to federal agencies. I know good and accurate data when I see it, to the point I know when it is worth paying for. But thanks for the pointers all the same.

Data people get it, I don't know why those who don't automatically discard it. I'm with you, I prefer to know day to day to stop me from going crazy. I also have a timeline for things in my life... like my lease is expiring in August and I'm trying to decide whether I have to renew or not. Based on the July ImmiFairy data thus far, I'm probably going to renew month to month as February hasn't really taken off yet. It's really been a money-saver and sanity-saver.

You unfortunately seem to be the one that is naive believing VJ data is actually as comprehensive and as accurate as software program mining real data from USCIS. But ditto... thanks for the pointers ;) despite having never having seen an ImmiFairy report you are categorically dismissive of it!

Data people get it, I don't know why those who don't automatically discard it. I'm with you, I prefer to know day to day to stop me from going crazy. I also have a timeline for things in my life... like my lease is expiring in August and I'm trying to decide whether I have to renew or not. Based on the July ImmiFairy data thus far, I'm probably going to renew month to month as February hasn't really taken off yet. It's really been a money-saver and sanity-saver.

I signed up to Immifairy 6 weeks ago. After looking meticulously at the data. You get a far more accurate picture of how things are really working over there and it's 100% better than relying on others to correctly input data whereas this data is from the USCIS website directly. 188 days later my fiance and I got approved. Just Tuesday gone in fact. I could see it coming due to the data from Immifairy. I anticipated another month or waiting at least. But hey presto there it is.

h3aDm4.png

ZfQlm4.png

ut7Km8.png

iqv4m8.png

K-1: NOA1 to Visa Approval - 8 MONTHS, 19 DAYS

AOS: NOA1 to Green Card Approval - 3 MONTHS, 16 DAYS

ROC:  - NOA1: January 16, 2018; Case Received at Local Office: January 5, 2019;...

Citizenship:  - In Progress Estimated Completion Time: July 2020 (18 Months)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Second the opinion of the immifairy props. There is zero chance that the data here or what a person could do their own typing in receipt numbers one at a time on uscis's case status search is as accurate or complete. Unless you're doing your own data mining of uscis, but why spend the time, money, and resources to do it yourself? You can find it on immifairy for far less work and less money. And also, it's a brand new service, so the numbers of users reflect that. VJ is at least a decade old, no?

Lastly, it's kinda presumptuous to tell people how they should or shouldn't spend their money...

Edited by Wooderz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My case is from October 23rd and we still haven't heard back with a NOA2. Just have to be patient. We have our congressman involved he hasn't heard back, service requests that went unanswered. I was told ours was in resolution stage back in June and in two weeks we would hear back. Two weeks go by I call and was told by a tier 2 that was confidential and I wasn't supposed to be told that. Called yesterday and the tier two person said in 13 days we will be outside of normal processing times. Waiting since March I wouldn't be considered. It's frustrating being in October seeing November, December and January cases going through

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

We were approved after 7 months........ it sucks, but you have to be patient and just wait!

EDIT: as far as possible discrimination goes.... I think they probably don't even look at cases that closely/long enough to discriminate :rolleyes:

Edited by chantuff9

K1 Visa Timeline:

Texas Service Center

NOA1: 10-15-14

NOA2: 05-15-15

Sent to NVC: 05-21-15

NVC received: 06-01-15
Sent to Paris: 06-04-15

Accepted at Paris: 06-08-15

Medical: 06-30-15

Interview, approved: 07-15-15

Pick up at embassy: 07-20-15

Entry to USA: 07-23-15

Adjustment of Status filed: 09-04-15

Biometrics Appt: 09-21-15

No interview

Approval: 03-18-16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

1. The website claims to be mining data - How do you know it's real USCIS data? There is no description about how this works.

2. How do you know I've never seen a report?

3. I am not telling anyone what to do with their money.

4. Approvals and timelines are case-dependent. Even if your case is clear, you will have no influence of on how quick a case will be approved. And a paid report will be as good as free information from the USCIS website.

5. I am just saying that majority of the people DO NOT pay for a report, as it is not necessary and more or less waste of money (IMO).

Good luck to everyone on your journey :)

Newbie here,

Our NOA1 is dated March 11, 2015. It has been just over 120 days and we have heard nothing. It took USCIS 3 months to put it on their site that we have a case. Have called many times to find out status. Just found out they are pretty useless and can only tell me what i can see(at least that is what they said). TSC says it is working on I-129F petitions from October 2014, yet here it is listed as December 25, 2014. This is confusing. I am wondering if our case is being held back because it is same sex. I live in Massachusetts and my partner lives in the Philippines. I have seen several petitions filed after ours get their NOA2 and another case filed just under a month from ours and they already received NOA2 as well. I called USCIS yesterday and voiced my concern about the possibility of being discriminated against...they replied absolutely not.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks

Oh, yes, also----take a look at where the people who filed after you who are approved---what service center are they at? Look under their user pictures--it's there. If it's California (and I can 99% guarantee you that it is because there are almost 0 aprovals from March out of TSC, and everyone who applied in April and after went to California)---that's your answer.

You're stuck in the black hole of Texas which is taking 7+ months for NOA2. California is taking 40ish days. Which is nearly double what its average was just a few months ago. Look here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1historical

There's nothing you can do about getting transferred to California. After a LOT of hard work and pot-banging by lots of petitioners (many here from Visajourney), USCIS finally admitted that there is a difference in the processing times between the centers. And they "fixed" it by stopping sending new petitions to Texas on March 27. That, of course, was not a fix at all---not for those who were already "in line" at Texas. But it's what they did and it's their last word on the topic. You applied in March, and so unless anything changes pretty dramatically between now and then, you'll likely be waiting September or October for NOA2.

If there is any discrimination, it's because of what state you live in. Until March 27, petitions were routed to TSC or CSC based on the state of the petitioner. But I don't think that it's discrimination (of half the country), I think it is apathy and incompetence plain and simple.

Edited by CatherineA

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

You're being naive ;-)

And if you already did the math, what's the point of wasting money?

Nothing is guaranteed with USCIS! Some people get their approval within weeks, some people months, some people over a year - or denied.

Do yourself a favor and save the money.

1. The website claims to be mining data - How do you know it's real USCIS data? There is no description about how this works.

2. How do you know I've never seen a report?

3. I am not telling anyone what to do with their money.

4. Approvals and timelines are case-dependent. Even if your case is clear, you will have no influence of on how quick a case will be approved. And a paid report will be as good as free information from the USCIS website.

5. I am just saying that majority of the people DO NOT pay for a report, as it is not necessary and more or less waste of money (IMO).

Good luck to everyone on your journey :)

Nope, not telling anyone what do to with their money at all.

1. Good question.

2. You can tell that you've never seen a report because if you had seen a report you'd know the answer to #1*

3. Oh really? I suppose I hallucinated being man-splained how I'm being naive and wasting my money. Or being told to "do [myself] a favor and save the money". From someone who very clearly has zero idea what he's talking about (see #1 and #2).

4. Not really. That's the official USCIS line. If you want to buy it, go right ahead. The reality of the situation is that they spend about 20 minutes looking at each file. Before then, they sit on a shelf, or in a box or whererver TSC stores these things once they're sent from the Lockbox. Delays can happen *once someone starts working the file* if there's complicating factors such as criminal backgrounds, multiple times filing etc. But most people know if they are or are not in those categories and know to expect a delay. RFEs can happen due to mistakes on the petitioner's part. But to get an RFE, your file needs to be looked at. Your file isn't being looked at while it's in line. Timelines, or more specifically *accurate* timelines can give you a picture when it is likely that it's your turn to be taken "off the shelf" and dealt with.

5. The majority of people don't pay for a report because this service has been in existence for all of, what? 6 weeks? And is currently limited to September-March TSC K1 filers. And also because some people (ahem) like to make judgments on things they don't understand and/or just plain old will never understand data analytics. It's ok. We can't all be numbers people.

It STILL may not be worth it to you. And if not, that's absolutely your choice. No one is telling you that you need it, or even want it. But don't slam something that you haven't seen and don't understand. Or, more accurately, don't belittle people for choosing to participate in something that you haven't seen and don't understand but that they do understand, and consider adds value to their situation.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You guys totally just hijacked this person's thread to argue over some random website that may or maynot be useful. That's really disrespectful.

OP you are still within the processing time given by USCIS. The time frame provided here is based on what users submitted which isn't all the petitions being processed by USCIS. From what I've seen it's a pretty good estimator but not 100%. The time frames given by USCIS on there website is based on their estimate so in theory should be more reliable. Honestly tho, you never know. I've seen people approved in weeks, some in months so it's pretty much just a sit down and wait thing. I call USCIS every few weeks to make sure everything is ok and if there's any news- there normally isn't

Once you go past the time frame you can start seeking answers and making noise. It has nothing to do with it being a same sex relationship- they honestly don't care either way.

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

You guys totally just hijacked this person's thread to argue over some random website that may or maynot be useful. That's really disrespectful.

OP you are still within the processing time given by USCIS. The time frame provided here is based on what users submitted which isn't all the petitions being processed by USCIS. From what I've seen it's a pretty good estimator but not 100%. The time frames given by USCIS on there website is based on their estimate so in theory should be more reliable. Honestly tho, you never know. I've seen people approved in weeks, some in months so it's pretty much just a sit down and wait thing. I call USCIS every few weeks to make sure everything is ok and if there's any news- there normally isn't

Once you go past the time frame you can start seeking answers and making noise. It has nothing to do with it being a same sex relationship- they honestly don't care either way.

You must be new here.....

And in terms of USCIS's timeframes----Sorry, though, not at all. Absloutely not at all. The dates on the USCIS site (here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcBFfW1-iSlb6mZcCx6u),if you read in the gray box above the table is "as of April 30". They are reporting, in mid-July, what they claim they were doing 6 weeks ago. Worse, you can tell from both the VJ data, the Immifairy data, and just anecdotaly from looking at people's timelines here, that that date is false.

What's more: that chart is not intended for you to figure out if your turn is coming up soon or not. It is intended to control who can and cannot open an official inquiry--"seeking answers and making noise" into their case. They will only accept inquiries, like you said, if you are outside their posted "normal processing time". So what do they do? They post "normal processing time" as of 6 weeks ago AND fudge date, to minimize the number of people who are eligible for anything beyond calling the hotline and being fed stock lines. If that's cool with you, that's cool. It's not cool with most of us.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

K-1 Visa Timeline:

!

And in terms of USCIS's timeframes----Sorry, though, not at all. Absloutely not at all. The dates on the USCIS site (here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcBFfW1-iSlb6mZcCx6u),if you read in the gray box above the table is "as of April 30". They are reporting, in mid-July, what they claim they were doing 6 weeks ago. Worse, you can tell from both the VJ data, the Immifairy data, and just anecdotaly from looking at people's timelines here, that that date is false.

What's more: that chart is not intended for you to figure out if your turn is coming up soon or not. It is intended to control who can and cannot open an official inquiry--"seeking answers and making noise" into their case. They will only accept inquiries, like you said, if you are outside their posted "normal processing time". So what do they do? They post "normal processing time" as of 6 weeks ago AND fudge date, to minimize the number of people who are eligible for anything beyond calling the hotline and being fed stock lines. If that's cool with you, that's cool. It's not cool with most of us.

Actually, I take that back. Normally they post things with 6 weeks lag time. This month, I guess they're giving themselves 11 weeks of wiggle room.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

K-1 Visa Timeline:

!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I may be "new" but at least I have manners. Maybe next time you choose to correct someone you will do some research

I'm full aware that the date is wrong. Everyone knows the date is wrong. It's always wrong but you can't really get any further information or assistance unless the date on their website has passed. It doesn't matter what all the data, charts or anything else says, if it's still within processing time frame all you'll hear is "it's within processing time". NO one is content with the stock lines but no matter what your graphs and data show, USCIS operates on USCIS's time frame.

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

I may be "new" but at least I have manners. Maybe next time you choose to correct someone you will do some research

I'm full aware that the date is wrong. Everyone knows the date is wrong. It's always wrong but you can't really get any further information or assistance unless the date on their website has passed. It doesn't matter what all the data, charts or anything else says, if it's still within processing time frame all you'll hear is "it's within processing time". NO one is content with the stock lines but no matter what your graphs and data show, USCIS operates on USCIS's time frame.

Thanks, I've done my research, Miss Manners. I just hadn't checked that USCIS link for months because it is completely, 100% useless to give yourself a timeline, so I didn't know that they lapsed to an 11 week delay. 6 week lag is their norm. I clicked on it today because I was curious to see just how off your advice to this poor guy really was.

This thread is about processing times and estimates on when you may receive your NOA2, because people were explaining to OP that he's not being discriminated against, that's what what the timelines are like. Then it morphed into a discussion on how to estimate your timeline. You have suggested using USCIS's published timelines. That is both incorrect (those timelines aren't meant to help you figure out when you'll get NOA2, they're to tell you if you're allowed to get help from USCIS) and really bad advice. I don't think it is kind or fair of you to give such bad advice to someone who is an actual newbie and who is clearly very confused and stressed out. You're talking about congressional inquiry to get stuff done, we're talking about projecting your approval date so that you have some sense of a timeline. Those are two different things.

For K-1s, NOA2 is particularly important because everything for us moves really fast after that, and it's almost uniform at 2 months from NOA2 to visa. That makes a really big difference in a lot of people's lives in terms of jobs, schools for their kids (K1s can bring their children), wedding planning etc etc.

So if you can't get further information about your place in line from USCIS, some people (not all but SOME) like to use data and charts to try to figure it out. Visajourney has done this for years (see "Immigration Timelines" linked above), but that data is limited and can be thrown off pretty easily by CSC filers who don't realize what service center they're in. Another service has managed to get a much more accurate picture of what's going on, and some people like it. People were telling this person about it, because if they ARE the type of person who wants a daily look at where they are in line, then they can have it. Or not. Up to each individual. You seem perfectly fine just waiting, and that is great. That's your choice, and if that's what makes you happy in this process, cool. Not everyone is the same. So that's why there's options.

Edited by CatherineA

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

K-1 Visa Timeline:

!

Everyone, can we please cool it? If you are disagreeing with someone else's position, they will reply back with their supporting view. Attacking someone by calling them niave, rude, or presumptuous is only going to make that person defensive and reply more.

Some people want more data because it helps them cope with the wait. Some people are more 'do it yourself' -ers and don't want to pay more than we already will for this whole process.

No one is winning, but we are ALL in this together!!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** Mod note: enough with the bickering; start a new thread or take it to PM if you want to continue that. Unless you can provide answers to the OP's questions, do not post in this thread. *******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.