Kaylee_B

Husband's Interview is in 5 days in Ciudad Juarez... What Can We Expect??

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Some of this information I've already posted, but my husband received his interview date in Ciudad Juarez on Monday, July 20th, 2015... 5 DAYS! And I'm so excited, but also a little nervous and we want to make sure we have all our ducks in a row and can know what to expect.. so any tips, advice or information about what we can expect for his interview is greatly appreciated!

My husband and I have been working towards his CR-1 Visa for almost a year now. We got married on his B2 visa in the States and he returned to Mexicco in July 2014 and has been not allowed back in until he obtained his immigrant visa. We married in February of 2014. He stayed with me for a while from November 2013 until July 2014, with a few trips back and forth to Mexico in between while we were working on his case with the USCIS. When my husband tried to come back again in September 2014, he was denied entry at the port of LAX and they cancelled his B2 visa and told him he couldn't come back until he had his CR-1 immigrant visa. They also gave him an application of withdrawal for his admission that time, which I'm hoping that incident won't hinder our case... that's the main reason why I'm so nervous about his interview !! We were also deciding if I should be there and we thought it would be best if I wait here to save money. Also, his appointment was expedited because of a medical issue that I have and we've had a supervisor from the Consulate and the supervisor from NVC helping us in a more proactive manner in our case because of the circumstance, which is why he got his appointment so fast.

But my question is now, what should we expect for his interview? Do I have a reason to be nervous? In addition to the affidavit of support of me and my mom (she's the co-sponsor because my income doesn't meet the requirement), all our financial and supporting documents we have, my husband will bring the following to his interview:

-a 2-year photo history album of our relationship form when we first met to all the times I've gone back to see him, up until now (this includes multiple pictures of each us with each others families and my family with his)

-copies of the tickets of a concert that my husband and I saw in Mexico for our 1 year anniversary

-copies of my passport with my Mexico stamps proving all my visits

-a letter from my dad describing how he was to pick him up at the PDX airport when we tried to enter the US last time (this was a fact that the CBP questioned his honesty about in the airport)

-a letter from my grandma stating that I was with her in California when he also tried to enter the US, which was why my dad was picking him up (another fact where the CBP questioned his honesty airport)

-my medical record

-copies of all the E-mails exchanged between myself and the supervisor at the NVC about our expedited case and my medical condition

-a confrimation E-mail of my doctors appointment on the 23rd of July (which is why they expedited it, so my husband make it to that appointment)

-a letter from my boss saying that I have to work on the 20th, which is part of the reason why I didn't go to CDJ with him for his interview

-Certified copy of our marriage certificate

-his 2 passport photos

​-His birth certificate and translation

-His apostille and translation

-His passport and copies

-a copy of his canceled B2 visa of the "App of Admission Withdraw" stamp

Is there anything else we need that will help us? What kind of questions do you think they will ask? We sought legal advice once in our case and the layer was awful and made us feel as if our case won't get approved if she doesn't help us. So anything anyone has to say that has been through this would be a huge help!

THANK YOU!

Timeline

Sounds like you're all set now it's all up to God!! I have a lawyer which sometimes can be a pain in the butt because I have no idea what's going on!! Well, I kinda do but VJ has been a great resource for me...I think you will be fine you're like me, we are just over thinking it...

Timeline

If you haven't, you can read the consulate reviews: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Mexico

But it sounds like you will be just fine. It is really not that bad, and your husband will get approved before you know it!

11/06: Husband EWI from Mexico
11/08: Started dating

11/11: Husband got deported
1/11/14: Got married
3/13/14-11/2/14:
I-130
1/26/15-3/17/15: NVC

5/28/15: INTERVIEW - denied

6/8/15: I-601/I-212 waivers received

11/17/15: I-601/I-212 waivers APPROVED

12/11/15: HUBBY HOME!! :dance:

Timeline

you should be fine. my husband went to his interview and he said everyone is very nice and very helpful so he wasnt nervous or anything, he even forgot a document in the hotel room that the interviewer wanted to see and she was patient and let him go get it and bring it back.

~~moved to US embassy discussion from IR1/CR1 processes. topic is specifically about CDJ~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.