xDiamond

Sent in the I-130 for Spouse, all the necessary materials, and the G-1145...

17 posts in this topic

So, to update:

On the 19th we went to the US Embassy in London and arrived bright and early. An hour early, the queue was loooong already. We got through with plenty of time, sat in a room very similar to the DMV. Got called to the first window, everything was in order, got called to the second window an hour later... the woman at the second window was much less endearing.

And as it turned out, we had a scanned signature on our affidavit from my mother (joint sponsor), and she wanted an original. So our result wasn't denied nor approved.

We left the embassy dejected, naturally, and I called my mother right away. She was able to take the original copy of the affidavit and FedEx it to our address in the UK the same day as the interview. We received the original affidavit two days later, Wednesday the 21st of October. We immediately took the package and shipped it to the US Embassy in London. They received it on Thursday, the following day.

I, the US sponsor, flew out of the UK on the 26th of October, my wife waited for a response from the embassy. On the 30th of October she received an email stating her visa was approved and processed and she would receive it the next business day. She received it in the post on Monday, November 2nd! Happy times.

She flew out this past Thursday, the 5th, and her POE was Atlanta. She said the international queue's were really long, the personnel at the airport not very friendly. She had a 3 and a half hour layover to accommodate for this expected step. Ultimately she got through immigration just fine, a few biometrics and whatnot, gave them the envelope as instructed when she received the visa. Everything was good, she reached me at about 11:30 PM the same day!

And now she's trying to recover through the jetlag. :)

Thank you Nich-Nick for all your help in this process. Took 4 months from start to finish, but without you we couldn't have done this, let alone known about it!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife's visa CR-1 was approved today because we needed another sponsored. Our journey took about 5 months due to the delay...

I hope everything goes well with you two.

God Bless.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.