ibyang

Mother of a USC visa approved and some quick advice

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! First of all, thank you so much for this site and for all of you who took the time to share your personal journey and also answered questions. I was diligent in reading a number of posts here in VJ and it really helped us be prepared in facing the medical exam and the visa interview.

For those who are still in this process, my advice is to keep reading on blogs as it is very helpful to know what you should be expecting once you get to Manila. For your physical exam, it pays to be there 2 hours before the gates even open! St. Lukes website has a printable map of their clinic and it is advisable to print those as it will help you navigate the building more efficiently. I suggest paying extra for a hotel nearby (My mom stayed at soriente) rather than pay the extra for a taxi cab or risk travelling in Manila at wee hours of the morning.

Finally, the visa interview. It's better to bring as much photocopies and the originals than lack in requirements. Also, my mom told me that cellphones, water bottle, umbrella,etc aren't allowed to be inside the embassy premises so she had to pay $400 just to leave those in the reception area (They charge more if your cellphone is more expensive!). Dont forget to print your DS260 and your confirmation letter! Incase you do though, someone is ready to do it for you but of course for a price! maybe 100-200 pesos! My mom said that she tried reasoning that she didn't have the money for cellphones to be stored and they actually told her that it's either that or she has to throw her belongings in the trashcan! wow! anyway, these were the questions asked:

1. petitioner's full name, work, how many kids, when did he leave for the states, where does he live

2. how did petitioner become a USC

Also always remember to only answer what you're being asked! if the question only requires a Yes or a No then leave it at that. Do not give unwarranted long narratives of an answer!

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Excellent advice. Can't wait until we can put it to action. Thank you for sharing.

Gregory & Dyn

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

Timeline

Excellent advice. Can't wait until we can put it to action. Thank you for sharing.

Gregory & Dyn

Thank you! Just trying to pay it forward as I don't think we could've done it as smoothly as we did without the help of everyone here in VJ.

CHEERS!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

are you the Mom or the USCitizen?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hi.. i would like to ask how long or many months it takes to petition your parents? Without any problem in medical and docs.

Hello! My mom's process went smoothly and all that took roughly around 8 months.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! First of all, thank you so much for this site and for all of you who took the time to share your personal journey and also answered questions. I was diligent in reading a number of posts here in VJ and it really helped us be prepared in facing the medical exam and the visa interview.

For those who are still in this process, my advice is to keep reading on blogs as it is very helpful to know what you should be expecting once you get to Manila. For your physical exam, it pays to be there 2 hours before the gates even open! St. Lukes website has a printable map of their clinic and it is advisable to print those as it will help you navigate the building more efficiently. I suggest paying extra for a hotel nearby (My mom stayed at soriente) rather than pay the extra for a taxi cab or risk travelling in Manila at wee hours of the morning.

Finally, the visa interview. It's better to bring as much photocopies and the originals than lack in requirements. Also, my mom told me that cellphones, water bottle, umbrella,etc aren't allowed to be inside the embassy premises so she had to pay $400 just to leave those in the reception area (They charge more if your cellphone is more expensive!). Dont forget to print your DS260 and your confirmation letter! Incase you do though, someone is ready to do it for you but of course for a price! maybe 100-200 pesos! My mom said that she tried reasoning that she didn't have the money for cellphones to be stored and they actually told her that it's either that or she has to throw her belongings in the trashcan! wow! anyway, these were the questions asked:

1. petitioner's full name, work, how many kids, when did he leave for the states, where does he live

2. how did petitioner become a USC

Also always remember to only answer what you're being asked! if the question only requires a Yes or a No then leave it at that. Do not give unwarranted long narratives of an answer!

Good luck!

Hi, can I ask you if your Mom was being asked to bring pictures of you together on her Interview? Thank you !

Timeline

Hi, can I ask you if your Mom was being asked to bring pictures of you together on her Interview? Thank you !

Hello! I had her bring some of our photos (since I've read someone here say that it might be requested) but it were never asked of her. On the email, they had her bring a list of requirements and at the interview,only one was asked and that was the confirmation letter. it's a case to case basis,though. Better to bring extra requirements than be lacking.

Thank you Ibyang for that awesome advice :D

I still have a looong way to go as i've just sent my petition but i still wanna ask, does ST. Lukes allow somebody besides the person taking the physical exam inside the exam venue? My mom walks with a cane and will have a hard time bringing a lot of immig docs without anybody to asssist her. Same question goes to USEM.

Thank you so much.

Timeline

I still have a looong way to go as i've just sent my petition but i still wanna ask, does ST. Lukes allow somebody besides the person taking the physical exam inside the exam venue? My mom walks with a cane and will have a hard time bringing a lot of immig docs without anybody to asssist her. Same question goes to USEM.

Thank you so much.

My pleasure! It's costly and it takes awhile but it's worth it! Honestly, I never thought about that. At St. Lukes, i think there might be a chance. You do have to proceed from one floor to the other,but the good news is they have an elevator. As for the embassy, i highly doubt it. My mother said they were really strict. Best is to just call and ask. sorry i can't give a specific answer!

Best of Luck!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you so much.

Yes she can bring a companion to SLEC and USEM.

Edited by apple21

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'm the US citizen

Cool ! Which blogs were you referring to, back at post #1? I ask, 'cause the blog feature has been disabled here.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.