DydyLo

Cr1-baby on the way.

18 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking here for a long time now. Lot's of information and helpful people.

i would like to thank you all in advance for helping us.

Here's our situation. My wife might give birth on or before nvc approved our case. Even if they do, I will not let my wife travel 3 hours just to go to her medical/interview. My only option would be to reschedule her interview/medical to a later date.

1st. Question. What or hows the process of rescheduling.

2. Will the new born affect her visa application?

3. Since we have a child by the time she gets interviewed. Does that mean I need to send her a new affidavit of support? I think yes, but just in case. :-)

4. What else does she need? Any additional papers to bring in case?

5. I've been reading how to file crba. It's confusing. What needs to include in the packet that needs to be sent to the embassy?

5.a they are twins. Does that mean 2 separate packet? Or 2 packet in 1 mailing envelope? Or put everything in 1 envelope with 2 application form.

5.c how long does it usually takes for them to respond after they received the packet.

5.d what's the average time they schedule appointmen after they have everything they need from us.

Thanks a lot guys.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Unanswered duplicate post removed at OP's request.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I don't know much (read anything) about the crab process. I would think you'll need 2 separate applications 1 for each child because they're getting separate passports. Rescheduling can be done at embassy website. Maybe someone else here knows how long after post-partum you have to wait for slec interview. I don't know if it is recommended to get vaccinations while breast feeding if she is and how you handle that when she does go to slec or usem. Each will probably warrant an overnight stay.

Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in. And congrats on the new family.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

I don't know much (read anything) about the crab process. I would think you'll need 2 separate applications 1 for each child because they're getting separate passports. Rescheduling can be done at embassy website. Maybe someone else here knows how long after post-partum you have to wait for slec interview. I don't know if it is recommended to get vaccinations while breast feeding if she is and how you handle that when she does go to slec or usem. Each will probably warrant an overnight stay.

Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in. And congrats on the new family.

Thanks buddy.

I'll just probably do that to make sure. 2 separate packets. Hopefully they can figure out that they are twins and schedule them at the same date and time of appointment.

Don't count on that happening. You're dealing with the government, haha. It will be interesting to follow the other aspects of your situation.

I've found that if you have out of the ordinary issues the help you get here is mostly hearsay, because most BM's have never experienced the requirement so not a lot of experience to fall back on. Just the reality of the situation. Good luck.

You definitely would need individual aps such as they are for each child.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

Don't count on that happening. You're dealing with the government, haha. It will be interesting to follow the other aspects of your situation.

I've found that if you have out of the ordinary issues the help you get here is mostly hearsay, because most BM's have never experienced the requirement so not a lot of experience to fall back on. Just the reality of the situation. Good luck.

You definitely would need individual aps such as they are for each child.

You're right. It's the government we are talking about. They don't care.

If the site didn't went down. We're probably done by now. Oh well.

Hopefully they won't make this process painfull as the nvc stage.

Good luck to all of us.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking here for a long time now. Lot's of information and helpful people.

Here's our situation. My wife might give birth on or before nvc approved our case. Even if they do, I will not let my wife travel 3 hours just to go to her medical/interview. My only option would be to reschedule her interview/medical to a later date.

1st. Question. What or hows the process of rescheduling.

2. Will the new born affect her visa application?

3. Since we have a child by the time she gets interviewed. Does that mean I need to send her a new affidavit of support? I think yes, but just in case. :-)

4. What else does she need? Any additional papers to bring in case?

5. I've been reading how to file crba. It's confusing. What needs to include in the packet that needs to be sent to the embassy?

5.a they are twins. Does that mean 2 separate packet? Or 2 packet in 1 mailing envelope? Or put everything in 1 envelope with 2 application form.

5.c how long does it usually takes for them to respond after they received the packet.

5.d what's the average time they schedule appointmen after they have everything they need from us.

Thanks a lot guys.

Hi,

1. Contact the US Embassy to reschedule.

2. No.

3. Yes since your household size will increase by 2 when the babies are born.

4. No.

5. CRBA has nothing to do with your wife. It's a separate process to inform the US Embassy that a US citizen has been born abroad and for you to get a US passport for your child.

5a. Two separate CRBAs.

5c. A few weeks to a few months.

5d. Each embassy is different. Someone else may be able to answer this.

Best of luck.

Edited by aaron2020

Hi,

1. Contact the US Embassy to reschedule.

2. No.

3. Yes since your household size will increase by 2 when the babies are born.

4. No.

5. CRBA has nothing to do with your wife. It's a separate process to inform the US Embassy that a US citizen has been born abroad and for you to get a US passport for your child.

5a. Two separate CRBAs.

5c. A few weeks to a few months.

5d. Each embassy is different. Someone else may be able to answer this.

Best of luck.

Thanks. Hopefully it will be a short/er wait. To get everything done. Getting tired of waiting.

Wife will most likely get one appointment schedule for both. Send one packet with two separate applications for each twin.

I think my husband didn't send me a new AOS. My interview was about a month after our baby was born and I wasn't asked for it.

There is a Facebook group for parents going through the CRBA process in the PH and you might get better answers there for time estimates. It's a closed group but I'm pretty sure it's searchable.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Wife will most likely get one appointment schedule for both. Send one packet with two separate applications for each twin.

I think my husband didn't send me a new AOS. My interview was about a month after our baby was born and I wasn't asked for it.

There is a Facebook group for parents going through the CRBA process in the PH and you might get better answers there for time estimates. It's a closed group but I'm pretty sure it's searchable.

You have twins?

Can you be more detailed on 2 separate applications in 1 packet.

Thank you so much.

You have twins?

Thank you so much.

You have twins?

Thank you so much.

You have twins?

Thank you so much.

what did you put on your packet? I'm still confused of what to put.

Thanks again

• 5 weeks later...

Is the address at the us embassy manila site correct for crba? Cause it seems short/missing. I'll be sending my packet from here.(states). I just want to make sure. The address on the site: 1201 Roxas boulevard, 0930 manila

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone.

1st. Question. What or hows the process of rescheduling. YOU CAN CALL THE EMBASSY TO RESCHEDULE OR RESCHEDULE ONLINE. WITH IMMIGRATE VISAS I SUGGEST CALLING.

2. Will the new born affect her visa application? YES - THE VISA WILL NOT BE ISSUED UNTIL CRBA IS COMPLETED FOR EACH CHILD.

3. Since we have a child by the time she gets interviewed. Does that mean I need to send her a new affidavit of support? I think yes, but just in case. :-) YES. AND BEING TWO NEW BABIES YOU ARE NOW A FAMILY OF 4.

4. What else does she need? Any additional papers to bring in case? ONCE CRBA IS COMPLETED AND THE CHILDREN HAVE THEIR U.S. PASSPORTS, YOU NEED TO BRING COPIES OF THE DOCUMENTATION FROM THE CRBA APPROVAL

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7.html

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1169655/carismaes/Citizenship%20-%20CRBA%20Checklist%20for%20MANILA%20applicants%20-%20Revised%202015%20June.pdf

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/156216.pdf

5.a they are twins. Does that mean 2 separate packet? Or 2 packet in 1 mailing envelope? Or put everything in 1 envelope with 2 application form. YES TWO SEPARATE APPLICATIONS, DON'T SEE ANY ISSUE INCLUDING THEM IN ONE ENVELOPE, JUST MAKE SURE TO HAVE THE APPLICATIONS SEPARATELY CLIPPED TOGETHER.

5.c how long does it usually takes for them to respond after they received the packet. NOT SURE ON THIS. POST A NEW TOPIC ON THE CRBA PROCESS, HOPEFULLY OTHERS WILL ASSIST WITH THIS. COULD DO A SEARCH ALSO ON CRBA

5.d what's the average time they schedule appointmen after they have everything they need from us. "see above response" ;)

Thanks a lot guys.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks hank. You really are a very helpful and knowledgeable fellow. Pretty much I'm done with everything except sending the packet. I might do that on monday. It sucks though until now my wife's case is still at the nvc and under supervisor review. The case had been stuck there for almost 4 months now.hopefully crba process will be better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.