KittyKahlohr

Problems contacting Frankfurt embassy

156 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone :)

I saw that some people were talking about the visa fee payment in this thread.

I just paid my visa fee through my online banking account. Now I'm wondering what the MRV receipt number is that the website wants me to put in :P ?

Will they email it to me along with the confirmation of my payment? I'm guessing that the money will reach them tomorrow. Once it's confirmed will it state on the website that I paid it?

Thanks in advance (F)

Met in person: September 2013 :blush:

Started dating: November 2014 :wub:

Proposal: February 2015 (L)

Sent I-129F: March 2015 :luv:

NOA1 Date: 04/03/15 :dancing:

NOA2 Date: 08/10/15 :dance:

Package 3 received: 09/16/15 :idea:

Package 3 sent back: 09/21/15 :yes:

Medical completed: 09/22/15 :thumbs:

Package 4....?

Interview....? :clock:

Hello everyone :)

I saw that some people were talking about the visa fee payment in this thread.

I just paid my visa fee through my online banking account. Now I'm wondering what the MRV receipt number is that the website wants me to put in :P ?

Will they email it to me along with the confirmation of my payment? I'm guessing that the money will reach them tomorrow. Once it's confirmed will it state on the website that I paid it?

Thanks in advance (F)

As far as I remember you don't have to do anything with this MRV receipt number. I think at some point Traveldocs just displays that the fee has been paid. There has been some confusion about whether or not to add a confirmation of your fee payment to the documents that you are sending to the embassy. But I think that someone in this thread got his/her appointment without submitting any of the like.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you at the embassy stage :)

K1

I-129F sent: 18 October 2014

NOA1: 21 October 2014

NOA2: 19 May 2015

NVC received: 4 June 2015

NVC left: 11 June 2015

Consulate received: 15 June 2015

Packet 3 received: 26 June 2015

Packet 3 sent: 26 June 2015

Interview: 28 July 2015

Visa received: 31 July 2015

POE: 18 August 2015 at JFK

Civil ceremony: 10 October 2015

AOS

Package sent: 23 October 2015

NOA1: 27 October (text and email notification), 3 November (received in the mail)

Biometrics: 20 November 2015

I-485 approved: December 17 2015 (no notifications, no interview)

Green card received: December 23 2015

January 2016: found my first job in the US! :star:

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I know that you are now farther along, but I wonder:

1. How did you know when the consulate in Frankfurt had received your docs from the NVC?

2. How long did each of you wait on packet 3?

Thanks so much! I feel like I know you from reading your posts :)

Hi everyone, I know that you are now farther along, but I wonder:

1. How did you know when the consulate in Frankfurt had received your docs from the NVC?

2. How long did each of you wait on packet 3?

Thanks so much! I feel like I know you from reading your posts :)

Hi there! :) That's no problem, I still remember the embassy stage vividly :)

As for number 1, I called the NVC twice, the first time to check if they received the documents form USCIS and to get our case number, and then again I called about 1.5 weeks later to find out if they had sent it out to Frankfurt yet. From that date on you can add up about a week for the embassy to receive everything. However, you can omit calling NVC as Frankfurt embassy will send you a letter (packet 3).

So for number 2, my packet 3 arrived about 2 weeks after the embassy received my documents. If you want to inquire about them having received anything from the NVC yet you can send them a message via their online enquiry form: http://germany.usembassy.gov/visa/iv/contact/

Good luck at the embassy stage! (just in case you haven't seen this yet, here is the German thread where you can reach many knowledgeable people easily: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/272767-german-peopleruhrt-euch/page-123#entry7875117) :star:

K1

I-129F sent: 18 October 2014

NOA1: 21 October 2014

NOA2: 19 May 2015

NVC received: 4 June 2015

NVC left: 11 June 2015

Consulate received: 15 June 2015

Packet 3 received: 26 June 2015

Packet 3 sent: 26 June 2015

Interview: 28 July 2015

Visa received: 31 July 2015

POE: 18 August 2015 at JFK

Civil ceremony: 10 October 2015

AOS

Package sent: 23 October 2015

NOA1: 27 October (text and email notification), 3 November (received in the mail)

Biometrics: 20 November 2015

I-485 approved: December 17 2015 (no notifications, no interview)

Green card received: December 23 2015

January 2016: found my first job in the US! :star:

Update:

I emailed the consulate, as I was desperate to know if they had received our file.

Today they confirmed that they have indeed received it, and will soon be receiving packet 3 :)

So now we are again waiting, but at least we know that it is in the right country :)

Thanks, everyone, for your advice!

I also want to confirm for others that I was also very anxious to find out about the MRV number, but it really did just appear on its own on the website after 2-3 days.

Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.