indhiraastacio

USC daughter petitioned for father

20 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you again but I don't think that traveling back and forth as a tourist and spending money in the US while doing so is abusing the system. Nor opening a tax paying business as a LPR clasifies as abuse, it's more like contributing to the economy.

Overstaying is what I'm referring to coz it's not forgiven for relatives of LPRs. Just trying to give a heads up. If you have it all figured out then good for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Also once the father has a green card the chances increase that a spouse and child will be denied entry for suspect immigrant intent even with a valid visitors visa , especially if they visit a lot.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Overstaying is what I'm referring to coz it's not forgiven for relatives of LPRs. Just trying to give a heads up. If you have it all figured out then good for you.

Yes you are absolutely right, as far as the length of stay and not breaking the laws we have that part pretty much down to the t. What wasn't clear was if through his I130 would the rest get greencards and thanks to the people who solely answered my question with a SIMPLE NO now that is very clear. What they choose to do with their personal life as far as separating or not is not my business or anyone else's.

Also once the father has a green card the chances increase that a spouse and child will be denied entry for suspect immigrant intent even with a valid visitors visa , especially if they visit a lot.

Now that will be hard to prove since their visa was currently renewed for another 10 years and they have been traveling for many years and have always returned without overtsayings. Besides, these are people that do things by the book they would not tarnish the possibility of possessing a greencard just for staying illegally in a foreign country.

Hi,

No. His wife and children will not get visas. When a USC petitions for a parent, only the parent is eligible for a visa.

Once dad gets his green card, he can file for his wife and children. It will take 2-3 years.

Thank you for answering my question.

Best of luck

hi

ditto

there are no derivatives for petition of parents

Thanks for answering my question.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.