jesnojolly

is it a good idea to miss the green card interview ( I 485).?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

any1 knows what will be the after effects if somwone misses a greencard interview.

how long would it take to reschedule another one??

Please help with your ideas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i would move heaven and earth for both spouses to attend together. any other reason to not attend, save for heart attack, is of no consequence.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

The only consequence is that you'll have to reschedule the interview, pending availability for slots at your consulate.

any1 knows what will be the after effects if somwone misses a greencard interview.

how long would it take to reschedule another one??

Please help with your ideas

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

i would move heaven and earth for both spouses to attend together. any other reason to not attend, save for heart attack, is of no consequence.i was

i was planning a trip out of country, and i have no clue when will my interview be.

i got my work permit last week and no more info about I485.

should i wait till i get a response from uscis to travel out of country?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The only consequence is that you'll have to reschedule the interview, pending availability for slots at your consulate.

ok - i am confused now - he mentioned 'greencard interview' but is posting in the K-1 forum. I gotta study that timeline ! yikes !

i was planning a trip out of country, and i have no clue when will my interview be.

i got my work permit last week and no more info about I485.

should i wait till i get a response from uscis to travel out of country?

receipt date 2015-04-14

i think no interview for a year, minimum lapse.

uscis is busy. local office busy. huge backlong.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

hi

it would be better to reschedule before if you can

the last response from uscis was last week when they sent me my work permit card.

I checked online and no more info about I 485 other than it says the date received which is 15 april 2015.

i wanted to travel at the end of august, and when i checked some other numbers online which is 40 numbers less than my document number, they all have interviews scheduled around end of this month.

so i should say, i might have an interview date by end of august or september starting.

but how can i reschedule even before i get a date from them?

Timeline

ok - i am confused now - he mentioned 'greencard interview' but is posting in the K-1 forum. I gotta study that timeline ! yikes !

receipt date 2015-04-14

i think no interview for a year, minimum lapse.

uscis is busy. local office busy. huge backlong.

r u serious?

that sucks

may be i confused you.

i am talking about I 485, the final interview to attend to get green card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

you would be able to reschedule if you had a date, since you don't have a date yet you can't do that

how long are you planning to be out of the country? will someone be able to receive your mail and if the date come, can you return for the interview?

Timeline

hi

you would be able to reschedule if you had a date, since you don't have a date yet you can't do that

how long are you planning to be out of the country? will someone be able to receive your mail and if the date come, can you return for the interview?

i will be out for about 3 weeks and there will be no one to receive my mail.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It is not a good idea to miss your AOS interview. The consequences were explicitly stated in our Form I-797c, AOS interview appointment letter:" Failure to appear for this interview and/or failure to bring the below listed items will result in the denial of your application. (8 CFR 103.2(b)(13))" (emphasis included)

Due to the importance of this interview, all of us cleared our calendars; my wife and I took the day off from work, our stepson took the day off from college. We spent a couple of "delightful" hours at the local DHS office for the interview.

YMMV,

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you are going on a trip soon and only going to be away for 3 weeks, then you are probably fine. Not sure you would get an interview letter with an interview date within the next 3 weeks time. You can check your local USCIS office timeline for the I-485. That should give you an idea of how long it might be, if you were to get an interview.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

My wife and I are waiting for her interview for her ROC green card. We filed back in February and she has already gone through biometrics, we are just waiting on the interview. Since then she has taken an extended vacation to the Philippines and has come back no problem at all. So you should know at least 2 weeks ahead of time before your interview. So you should be good. Also it seems like they are backlogged right now, so like I said you should be good to go for a short visit.

Edited by cyberfx1024

You are good.usually there are several weeks advanced notice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.