Maribe1P

NVC supervisors, how long for a response?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi, thanks for writing this post. I sent in my documents in April, and they still haven't reviewed it. They have put three notes for the supervisor to review. I'm going to call today and hopefully I'll get a supervisor to review it. Any suggestions on things to say?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Thailand
Timeline

everytime I call to check if they have reviewed my ds260 or if they see that my ds260 has been submitted they said they are unable to answer me since they cant see anything about ds260. They couldnt even tell me the date I submitted DS260.... I call several times and got the same answer

is that bs????

now let me ask you this ....

.... what if I call again and ask for a supervisor and technically tell them I submitted DS260 a month ago (meanwhile I did two weeks ago...) would they be able to tell that I basically lied then?

just out of curiousity ...

Edited by passion-fruit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi, thanks for writing this post. I sent in my documents in April, and they still haven't reviewed it. They have put three notes for the supervisor to review. I'm going to call today and hopefully I'll get a supervisor to review it. Any suggestions on things to say?

Hv u ever talk to the supervisor directly. Ask them to connect to a supervisor, they will help you for sure.

everytime I call to check if they have reviewed my ds260 or if they see that my ds260 has been submitted they said they are unable to answer me since they cant see anything about ds260. They couldnt even tell me the date I submitted DS260.... I call several times and got the same answer

is that bs????

now let me ask you this ....

.... what if I call again and ask for a supervisor and technically tell them I submitted DS260 a month ago (meanwhile I did two weeks ago...) would they be able to tell that I basically lied then?

just out of curiousity ...

Definitely they can confirm if they got your DS260, talk to a supervisor.. I wish they can help you

18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Thailand
Timeline

They were never able to tell me. They always asked when I submitted DS260 and said as long as I got the confirmation # I'm fine.

Thats why im confused here??

Timeline

I call daily morning once and my husband calls in the evening. We are calling daily twice just to hear that we need to wait and give time for them. We directly talk to the supervisor only once and she has requested for our file. But no one has confirmed if she received it or not. I am planning to ask my husband to directly talk to the supervisor. Lets see how its useful. or shall I send the documents again? I already sent and email to askNVC as well. I am totally confused with all this.. Why cant they automate all our documents, so can do the review online. :ranting:

They were never able to tell me. They always asked when I submitted DS260 and said as long as I got the confirmation # I'm fine.

Thats why im confused here??

Next time whn you talk, tell them you submitted DS260 on so n so date and would like to know if that reflect in their system. Also tell them that due to the Technical issue in the past months you worried about this and would like to get the confirmation. This is how I got the confirmation. And it all depend on the rep you talk with

USCIS
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
Mumbai Embassy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I have provided police certificate from both Sri lanka and India. In India they provide PCC from regional passport office for Indian Nationals, but as I am Srilankan and residing here with Overseas Citizenship of Indian Status I got it from District Police office. This is as per their guidelines. But they are asking me to get it from Regional Passport office, but in Regional Passport office they wont provide for non Indians. Hope this clear my issue.

Were you able to get Non-availability certificate at Regional Passport office?

It is possible that such thing don't exist, but I know Indian officials often issue Non-Availability birth certificates to people from pre-partition India.

Timeline

Were you able to get Non-availability certificate at Regional Passport office?

It is possible that such thing don't exist, but I know Indian officials often issue Non-Availability birth certificates to people from pre-partition India.

nope they dont provide any such letters. NVC guideline it self says District Police clearance is all they want. now my doubt is they hv it or lost the document I sent to them..

USCIS
NVC
Mumbai Embassy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The same thing happens to me.we submitted ds260 11.june

i called them monday i spoke to a rep he told me that he´s going to inform the supervisor he is going to write a note....i called them today again they told me we sent ur form to the supervisor and i should wait 42days .????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We're in the same boat. Today is my 85th day waiting to have my files reviewed, and my case has also been flagged three times for a supervisor to look at it. I spoke to a supervisor last Friday, and she told me that I just had to keep waiting and there was nothing she could do because our case is EP (electronic processing - sent through email).

Tomorrow I'm calling back and I'm going to beg for someone to connect me with anyone who can help. The website quotes 30 days. The email we got quotes the same. We've been waiting since April 21st now, and we don't even know if we're going to get a checklist to restart this whole thing or not. :(

At least take some solace in knowing you're not alone. I feel like I'm in a really bleak place, but we can get through this together.

Edited by ArroTG

September 29, 2012 - First met through a writing forum
January 5, 2014 - Engaged!
June 27, 2014 - Married!

USCIS:
September 23, 2014 - Sent off I-130 package
September 29, 2014 - Priority Date
September 30, 2014 - NOA1
March 26, 2015 - NOA2
April 2, 2015 - Case shipped to NVC

NVC:
April 13, 2015 - Case Number/IIN received
April 15, 2015 - DS-261 submitted
April 15, 2015 - AOS fee paid
April 21, 2015 - AOS package submitted
April 21, 2015 - IV package submitted
April 21, 2015 - Scan date

April 30, 2015 - DS-261 reviewed over the phone

May 12, 2015 - IV fee paid (late due to "EP lock")
May 13, 2015 - DS-260 submitted

May 27, 2015 - AOS/IV packages still not reviewed, flagged for supervisor review

July 10, 2015 - Supervisor review does nothing, flagged for unit manager review
August 11, 2015 - Case Complete!

Interview:

October 6, 2015 - Medical

October 13, 2015 - Interview date (AP - need to submit copy of 2014 W2)
October 21, 2015 - Visa status changed to "READY" and then a few hours later "ISSUED"

October 28, 2015 - Passport received (was available for pickup Oct. 27)
October 28, 2015 - POE fee paid
October 30, 2015 - POE!

After POE:
November 9, 2015 - Received SSN (checked off option to apply on forms)
December 1, 2015 - Received Green Card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I call them every day they sometimes they say you wait 2 weeks sometimes 1 week....i called them monday i spoke to a nice rep he told me he´s going to inform the sup . i called back today they told me i have to wait 42 days.im really mad of....

Its ridiculous. I called yesterday and they told me its waiting for a supervisor to review it and that it can take up to 42 days as of july 8th. Mind you i call every week since may and still no response. This whole process has been so frustrating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.