nordia&calvin

what is my best option.

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What I mean, it that I don't want to stay in the USA trying for aos and it takes a long time, or even denied at all levels. That would be time wasted and away from my son. If my son was here then it could take as long as it wants, but I can't be without him too long.

He don't want to leave his business to come to Jamaica. So I think I will marry him here then go to Jamaica to do the filing.

Filed: Timeline

Marry and return home to your kid while he start the petition

process, have lots of proof , medical report you are now frigid

on going relationship, things you share in common & time spent

together may help.

CO thoughts (not mine) heres an older guy who like this young girl and

wants to help her obtain status in the US with her kid, yes she may

be kind to him, but who knows if she will stick around to clean up

after him once GC is in hand pass the 2 yr mark .It would be

nice if his kids/family members state in letters that you are good

for him and they believe in this relationship, which if he has some assets

may not fly with them. don't screw up your tourist visa, marry if you

want but return home you can visit during the process.

Timeline

Jawree. Thanks for that. His two sons are OK with it. Hid daughter is mad as a fox. But she don't take care of him so he don't care. She don't call or anything until she want some money. But I was not aware that I can travel withe the filing is done. Explain pls

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

The Age gap is too vast. A big red flag. But if it is real then get an attorney to help you guys out. Don't be intimidated, just provide lots documentation to substantiate the relationship. By the way how does his adult children if he has any feel about you marry their dad? That might be a possible obstacle if the children don't like you. At his age all the stakeholders are waiting to collect when he is gone and trust me they might not want to share the wealth with a stranger like yourself

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I understand. I dont know how people live in the US being illegal. Its best to do it right especially for your child. Get married in Ja and do a CR-1. Just make sure to start gathering stuff that can show concrete proof of a bonifide relationship.

Or get married in the US, go home, and file a CR-1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The Age gap is too vast. A big red flag. But if it is real then get an attorney to help you guys out. Don't be intimidated, just provide lots documentation to substantiate the relationship. By the way how does his adult children if he has any feel about you marry their dad? That might be a possible obstacle if the children don't like you. At his age all the stakeholders are waiting to collect when he is gone and trust me they might not want to share the wealth with a stranger like yourself

An attorney isn't going to do anything she can't do herself. My husband and I had several red flags and we have sailed through the entire process on our own without an attorney, including removing conditions with no RFEs. We even did the majority of the I-130/CR-1 without visa journey as I didn't discover VJ until my husband was at the NVC waiting to be scheduled for his interview and removal of conditions I used the guides here. My husband and I have his packet for his citizenship ready to mail on Monday. Often times lawyers slow the process down and make stupid mistakes, plus you are at their mercy when it comes to sending things. As long as the OP follows the guides here and asks for advice when needed, she can do it by herself.

Edited by mimolicious

Timeline

OK, thanks again. All of this have just given me so me help, but so much to think about. I will pool all the advice together and see what I come up with.

Filed: Timeline

OP continue to maintain strong ties in your country to help your case,

you will need lots of solid evidences, like is he in his right mind still?

maybe his doctor can give him a letter attesting to that, photos of you

both, have his sons give you notorized letters saying they approve of

this marriage & he's young at heart, show that he still runs his biz, so

senility is not beckoning & if he has an atty (he must) maybe he could

lay out certain stuff with both of you.

Really its nothing special an immigration atty can do for you, you have

broken no laws , you are 2 adults. You need to shOw continued strong ties

at home to cbp when you travel while petition is being process.

Have pictures of the wedding which include his sons...Good luck

Edited by Jawaree

Timeline

Jawaree. Thanks so much. I feel this will be best for our situation. My fiance will not be fund of it because he is scared he will be alone and die in the house and no one will be there to find him until days later.

Timeline

You cannot get a work visa as his housewife. To obtain a work visa you usually need specialized knowledge or high degree of training in school. I don't forsee aos from a tourist visa going smoothly in this situation. I would reccomend marrying and returning home while he files for a cr1. It may take about a year and be prepared to show some serious proof of a bonifide marriage.

I'm not judging but look at it this way for red flags:

-very large age difference

-high fraud visa country

-young child (trying to provide better life for son)

I agree however I dont recall ever seeing Jamaica as a high fraud Visa country. I have found no literature on this and for the most part Visas have been issued with valid petitions as well as any other country. It certainly is not on the list with Ghana or other middle eastern countries. It does not even compare to Mexico as a high fraud country. I think we should refrain from giving derogatory advice or opinions and just keep it real with the OP. yes the age gap is a red flag. the child has nothing to do with the petition other than obtaining the correct documents in what ever paper work she decides she will file. It will be difficult but if this is something you feel you want to pursue by all means do it! if I had listened to the naysayers I would be single and miserable. The best advice I have heard thus far is to marry him and return to your country and file a CR1. Your other thoughts are not an option. good luck.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree however I dont recall ever seeing Jamaica as a high fraud Visa country. I have found no literature on this and for the most part Visas have been issued with valid petitions as well as any other country. It certainly is not on the list with Ghana or other middle eastern countries. It does not even compare to Mexico as a high fraud country. I think we should refrain from giving derogatory advice or opinions and just keep it real with the OP. yes the age gap is a red flag. the child has nothing to do with the petition other than obtaining the correct documents in what ever paper work she decides she will file. It will be difficult but if this is something you feel you want to pursue by all means do it! if I had listened to the naysayers I would be single and miserable. The best advice I have heard thus far is to marry him and return to your country and file a CR1. Your other thoughts are not an option. good luck.

While there is no technical list of high fraud doing a search on visajourney for Jamaica and high fraud it does come up quite a bit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.