nordia&calvin

what is my best option.

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone. I would like your opinion on my situation.

I am in the USA on a visitor visa. My fiance wants me to stay and get married. I love him so marrying him is not an issue, the thing is I have a year and half old son that I left in Jamaica and I don't want to leave him very long.

I think if I do get married, the process for the aos will be very long. Mainly be of the gap in our age. I am 27 and he is 88. We met at the right time when we both needed each other and he was in love with me and I have since grown to love him.

I am thinking to go back home and try to get a study visa and that way I can carry my son as a dependent. Then get married. Or we apply for a work visa as his housewife. We are looking for the best way that I don't have to leave my son for too long.

What are your thoughts and opinion .

Thanks much

At 88 yrs old for your fiance, it would probably be more realistic you stayed in Jamaica and he moved to be with you. Statistically speaking, you'd probably have more time together as a married couple and as a family.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Love has no limits but why in the world would you like to marry someone who is 61 years your senior????

Timeline

I think so too. But he is still up an about. Has his own security company, that he don't want to sell. Or his house. So moving is not an option for him.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Or we apply for a work visa as his housewife.

doesn't exist. are you thinking to get a j-1 and morph it ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Moving to the US and Your New Life to What Visa Do I Need Forum~

~Inquiry about family visas~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone. I would like your opinion on my situation.

I am in the USA on a visitor visa. My fiance wants me to stay and get married. I love him so marrying him is not an issue, the thing is I have a year and half old son that I left in Jamaica and I don't want to leave him very long.

I think if I do get married, the process for the aos will be very long. Mainly be of the gap in our age. I am 27 and he is 88. We met at the right time when we both needed each other and he was in love with me and I have since grown to love him.

I am thinking to go back home and try to get a study visa and that way I can carry my son as a dependent. Then get married. Or we apply for a work visa as his housewife. We are looking for the best way that I don't have to leave my son for too long.

What are your thoughts and opinion .

Thanks much

You cannot get a work visa as his housewife. To obtain a work visa you usually need specialized knowledge or high degree of training in school. I don't forsee aos from a tourist visa going smoothly in this situation. I would reccomend marrying and returning home while he files for a cr1. It may take about a year and be prepared to show some serious proof of a bonifide marriage.

I'm not judging but look at it this way for red flags:

-very large age difference

-high fraud visa country

-young child (trying to provide better life for son)

Timeline

Love has no limit as u said. But we met in a time that we both need each other. I had just done four surgeries after giving birth to my son. I can't have anymore kids and there is no feeling in my #######. I would be tough to ask someone my age to deal with that. My fiance, just accept me as I am

Timeline

I have already provided a great life for me son. I have a degree in special education, and make good money at it. We r not desperate. As much as he is the us citizen he is more desperate than I am

Timeline

I have already provided a great life for me son. I have a degree in special education, and make good money at it. We r not desperate. As much as he is the us citizen he is more desperate than I am

I understand that, however I'm just saying how te IO may see it. If you have a degree why not seek out a position in that field with an h1b visa? But that would likely, if obtainable, not be available until October 2016

Timeline

You cannot get a work visa as his housewife. To obtain a work visa you usually need specialized knowledge or high degree of training in school. I don't forsee aos from a tourist visa going smoothly in this situation. I would reccomend marrying and returning home while he files for a cr1. It may take about a year and be prepared to show some serious proof of a bonifide marriage.

I'm not judging but look at it this way for red flags:

-very large age difference

-high fraud visa country

-young child (trying to provide better life for son)

Jamaica his not a high fraud visa country.

OP, you have a lot of redflags. You have stated that bcuz of surgery u have no feeling there, so you can have that verified by a medical proffessional and give a written statement to USCIS this is also one of the reason that you and an elderly make a match when he files for a k-1 or a CR-1 (Best). I wouldnt advise getting married on a tourist visa bcuz of ur redflags, AOS may end up getting deny.

age is just a number and love have no limit

Edited by HeandI

AOS Date Filed : 2015-05-27

Got rejection notice on May 29, 2015 for an incomplete application

Receive rejected application on June 6, 2015

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

NOA Date : 2015-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2015-07-06

EAD and AP Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

Receive Potential Interview Waiver Letter: September 9, 2015 sigh!!
AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)
(L)In God I Put My Trust :star:

Timeline

Oh, thank you. I think this is my best option. I really love him, but am very scared of being illegal in the USA and not being able to go home to my soon

Timeline

Oh, thank you. I think this is my best option. I really love him, but am very scared of being illegal in the USA and not being able to go home to my soon

I understand. I dont know how people live in the US being illegal. Its best to do it right especially for your child. Get married in Ja and do a CR-1. Just make sure to start gathering stuff that can show concrete proof of a bonifide relationship.

AOS Date Filed : 2015-05-27

Got rejection notice on May 29, 2015 for an incomplete application

Receive rejected application on June 6, 2015

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

NOA Date : 2015-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2015-07-06

EAD and AP Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

Receive Potential Interview Waiver Letter: September 9, 2015 sigh!!
AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)
(L)In God I Put My Trust :star:

Timeline

You could go back home anytime you like, it's returning that's the problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.