maherehab

Smoke hash ! , is this danger !? and must put it in Ds-260 !

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

If anything, make sure to check with an attorney about your case. My advice is if you're currently smoking, you need to make a decision to stop immediately from now until the day you do a medical check up. If you can't stop, you'll face the consequences according to the US immigration law.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

If anything, make sure to check with an attorney about your case. My advice is if you're currently smoking, you need to make a decision to stop immediately from now until the day you do a medical check up. If you can't stop, you'll face the consequences according to the US immigration law.

I fail to see why a lawyer would be able to help other than to state the obvious which has been indicated here many times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

But the question is "Have you ever been a drug addict?" Which is different from consuming recreationally, yes?

That is an excellent point. You must pay close attention to the question being asked. Are you a drug addict. If someone uses marijuana or hashish recreationally does that make them an addict? If someone drinks recreationally does that make them an alcoholic. If the question were have you ever been an alcoholic...you wouldn't say yes just because you have a couple of beers on the weekend. So is someone an addict because they smoke occasionally? If the answer is no, then it is not a lie to say no. If the question says "have you ever done illegal drugs" then that is another story.

Edited by Ryan H

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

That is an excellent point. You must pay close attention to the question being asked. Are you a drug addict. If someone uses marijuana or hashish recreationally does that make them an addict? If someone drinks recreationally does that make them an alcoholic. If the question were have you ever been an alcoholic...you wouldn't say yes just because you have a couple of beers on the weekend. So is someone an addict because they smoke occasionally? If the answer is no, then it is not a lie to say no. If the question says "have you ever done illegal drugs" then that is another story.

The point is really about drug use & its relationship to approval. USCIS isn't going to debate the issue.

Which question do you think they ask?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

On my medical they had me check a yes or no box for: "Have you ever tried any drugs, marihuana, cocaine, etc"..... Guess which box I checked.

2014-05-08 Sent I-129f
2014-05-12 I-129f received
2014-05-15 Received NOA1 email
2014-05-19 Received NOA1 hardcopy
2014-09-10 NOA2 Approved
2014-09-30 Package Left from NVC
2014-10-06 Received by Embassy
2014-10-31 Interview, Approved.
2014-11-03 Picked up visa.
2014-12-25 POE Ft. Lauderdale

2015-01-02 Wedding

---AOS---

2015-01-09 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

2015-01-12 AOS package received

2015-01-14 Email received: Case accepted and routed

2015-01-15 Check cashed

2015-01-20 Received NOAs in the mail

2015-02-07 Received Biometrics letter in the mail

2015-02-19 Biometrics Appt in Raleigh office.

2015-03-13 EAD and AP approved

2015-03-19 EAD and AP sent

2015-03-21 Received EAD/AP combo card

2015-03-26 Received 2nd Biometrics appointment for Charlotte office

2015-04-08 2nd Biometrics

2015-06-15 Received NPIW dated 06-11

2015-08-01 Green Card Approved

2015-08-03 Welcome Letter Mailed

2015-08-07 Welcome Letter Received

2015-08-22 Card Mailed

2015-08-26 Card Received

2015-11-20 Enlisted in the USMC

2016-02-16 Shipping date to bootcamp

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Correction thats marijuana hashish is not legal anywhere you're just going to get busted if you really want to come over here you need to stay clean and sober

Correction thats marijuana hashish is not legal anywhere you're just going to get busted if you really want to come over here you need to stay clean and sober

This is incorrect. All forms of cannabis are currently legal her in Colorado.

This includes:

Flower Marijuana - THC levels approaching 21-28%

Kief, hash, wax - THC levels approaching 60-70%

Pot Brownies/Cookies,Sodas - upwards of 300mg of THC per serving

Shatter/Glass - THC levels approaching 95-97%

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

But the question is "Have you ever been a drug addict?" Which is different from consuming recreationally, yes?

Currently, there is not much medical tolerance for recreational drug usage. This goes for federal legal issues also.

Being an addict, is not something as simple as "I cannot stop". Often times, the simple fact of consuming on regular basis can be considered, can lead to someone falling into the classification of "Drug-Use disorder" or "Drug-induced disorder". So when it comes to things like federal-level evaluation, people will often get the short end of the stick.

The DMS or "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders" defines the following:

Substance Use Disorder in DSM-5 combines the DSM-IV categories of substance abuse and substance dependence into a single disorder measured on a continuum from mild to severe. Each specific substance (other than caffeine, which cannot be diagnosed as a substance use disorder) is addressed as a separate use disorder (e.g., alcohol use disorder, stimulant use disorder, etc.), but nearly all substances are diagnosed based on the same overarching criteria. In this overarching disorder, the criteria have not only been combined, but strengthened. Whereas a diagnosis of substance abuse previously required only one symptom, mild substance use disorder in DSM-5 requires two to three symptoms from a list of 11. Drug craving will be added to the list, and problems with law enforcement will be eliminated because of cultural considerations that make the criteria difficult to apply internationally. In DSM-IV, the distinction between abuse and dependence was based on the concept of abuse as a mild or early phase and dependence as the more severe manifestation. In practice, the abuse criteria were sometimes quite severe. The revised substance use disorder, a single diagnosis, will better match the symptoms that patients experience. Additionally, the diagnosis of dependence caused much confusion. Most people link dependence with “addiction” when in fact dependence can be a normal body response to a substance.

Addictive Disorders: Addictive Disorders The chapter also includes gambling disorder as the sole condition in a new category on behavioral addictions. DSM-IV listed pathological gambling but in a different chapter. This new term and its location in the new manual reflect research findings that gambling disorder is similar to substance-related disorders in clinical expression, brain origin, comorbidity, physiology, and treatment. Recognition of these commonalities will help people with gambling disorder get the treatment and services they need, and others may better understand the challenges that individuals face in overcoming this disorder. While gambling disorder is the only addictive disorder included in DSM-5 as a diagnosable condition, Internet gaming disorder will be included in Section III of the manual. Disorders listed there require further research before their consideration as formal disorders. This condition is included to reflect the scientific literature on persistent and recurrent use of Internet games, and a preoccupation with them, can result in clinically significant impairment or distress. Much of this literature comes from studies in Asian countries. The condition criteria do not include general use of the Internet, gambling, or social media at this time.

As I mention in my previous posts on this thread. For those of us, like the OP and myself who are entangled on the issue of DUI or Drug use. It is IMPERATIVE that you read through:

1. Technical Instructions for Panel Physician and Civic Surgeons

2. DSM protocols for Subustance use and substance addiction

REFERENCE LINKS:

1. TECHNICAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR PANEL PHYSICIANS: updated 2015 : http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/mental-health-pp-ti.pdf

2. DSM (DSM IV 4) - Substance Abuse : https://www.partners.org/Assets/Documents/Graduate-Medical-Education/SubstanceB.pdf

3. DSM (DSM V 5) - Substance related and addictive disorders: http://www.dsm5.org/documents/substance%20use%20disorder%20fact%20sheet.pdf

The DSM is a nationally recognized evidence-based criteria for mental disorders. This manual is used by all psychiatric physicians in the United States when determining if a mental disorder exists.

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I live in the great State of Colorado and not that far from Breckenridge that featured in a recent CNN series on MJ.

But immigration law is Federal and sounds like at 19 he is a major user. at least.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

I'm not trying to start any arguments. I'm just advising, as all of you would also probably advise, make sure you know what you're talking about before posting any info. If you don't know, then don't comment. In terms of drugs, I can see there are already some well informed people chiming in on this thread. Let's not make anybody feel like they're an addict or they have a drug problem. That is so far out of our range of judgement. Let's just try to make the OP and anybody else reading this thread be aware of what to expect when it comes to drug-use and your medical examination for immigration to the US. That's what we want to know. What drugs we may have used in the past is nobody's business.

My two cents, anyway.

I do have a question though. Will they, or do they have to do a drug test at the medical examination? Or is this up to the doctor giving the exam?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm not trying to start any arguments. I'm just advising, as all of you would also probably advise, make sure you know what you're talking about before posting any info. If you don't know, then don't comment. In terms of drugs, I can see there are already some well informed people chiming in on this thread. Let's not make anybody feel like they're an addict or they have a drug problem. That is so far out of our range of judgement. Let's just try to make the OP and anybody else reading this thread be aware of what to expect when it comes to drug-use and your medical examination for immigration to the US. That's what we want to know. What drugs we may have used in the past is nobody's business.

My two cents, anyway.

I do have a question though. Will they, or do they have to do a drug test at the medical examination? Or is this up to the doctor giving the exam?

yes they absolutely 100% do drug testing. There have been many threads about people who have been denied for having illegal drugs in their system, it is not uncommon for it to happen.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***One post violating the below quoted provision of the TOS removed along with posts quoting. This will be the only warning, additional TOS violations will result in Administrative Action.***

By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Service, you will not:

• Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.