NICNICS

NVC letter for k1 visa

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys...Good Day!

i i just want to ask if how long can i get our NVC letter and who will receive?is my fiance in u.s. or me? It's been 21 days already after we got our NOA2 last june 19 and He tried calling NVC but they always says they are busy and try to call other time.I am here in Phils.and still waiting for it coz i do not have yet my Manila Case number and i cannot schedule an appointment yet.Hope you can give me some info.about this.Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

1. The petitioner (USC) receives the letter from NVC.

2. NVC is not very good with sending out letters. I received my letter months after our NOA2, and I was already married at that point. Other people get their letter in a timely manner. There is a wide range.

3. My recommendations for calling NVC are a) right when it opens or b) an hour or so before it closes and c) using a phone with auto redial.

4. CSC is kinda slow at getting files to NVC. 21-30 days is typical.

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am in the same boat. I call and call and get the same message. I'll try early in the morning on Monday. It's been exactly 30 days for us and nothing from the NVC.

Timeline

I had little hassle calling NVC. I called about 6 to 8 pm CST, and had to be put on hold for about.. 20 - 30 mins before speaking with someone about the case. Took less than 3 minutes to get all the info I needed. Surprisingly, at the time I did call, my case had already shipped out from NVC to Manila. I waited about a week to call after NOA2.

Timeline

I actually did finally get through tonight; I hit redial a few times and got a person. I got my case and invoice number, but nothing else really? He just said to watch my email.

Timeline

I actually did finally get through tonight; I hit redial a few times and got a person. I got my case and invoice number, but nothing else really? He just said to watch my email.

That's all that NVC will give you. Yes, the consulate should e-mail you in the near future. You can also now track your case on the state dept website to see when it will arrive at the consulate.

Timeline

Oh wow! Where does it say when it will arrive? I checked the CEAC site and it said "In Transit". Our NOA2 was 6-10-15, and I thought giving it 30 days was best, but we haven't received a thing. I would love to be able to set a wedding date.

Timeline

Oh wow! Where does it say when it will arrive? I checked the CEAC site and it said "In Transit". Our NOA2 was 6-10-15, and I thought giving it 30 days was best, but we haven't received a thing. I would love to be able to set a wedding date.

hi margaret&beau...we have the closest timeline...we just received our approval lat june 19.I am waiting for the letter to arrive at his home for me to bring in the medical.they said,St.lukes clinic will be looking for the original one.Did you send the original NVC letter to your fiancee here in the phils.?also with the orig.i-134 form?thanks

Edited by sheila may

Timeline

The CEAC site will tell you when it's at the consulate I forget the exact wording. "Ready" if memory serves.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Had to keep pushing redial for 15 minutes straight but I did get through..have you check on the CEAC WEBSITE for status. .took a while but mine was in AP for 20 days still no letter if you have a case number email your embassy see if they got your packet

Had to keep pushing redial for 15 minutes straight but I did get through..have you check on the CEAC WEBSITE for status. .took a while but mine was in AP for 20 days still no letter if you have a case number email your embassy see if they got your packet

hi guys...Good Day!

i i just want to ask if how long can i get our NVC letter and who will receive?is my fiance in u.s. or me? It's been 21 days already after we got our NOA2 last june 19 and He tried calling NVC but they always says they are busy and try to call other time.I am here in Phils.and still waiting for it coz i do not have yet my Manila Case number and i cannot schedule an appointment yet.Hope you can give me some info.about this.Thank you.

When you call the NVC and you get a busy signal, simply hang up and IMMEDIATELY dial again. Don't wait 5 minutes and then redial, do it right away. I've dialed over 80 times within 2 minutes before just to get through. If you want your case number, you need to be persistent and keep calling until you get it. I called every day for 4 weeks straight until I had mine.

hi margaret&beau...we have the closest timeline...we just received our approval lat june 19.I am waiting for the letter to arrive at his home for me to bring in the medical.they said,St.lukes clinic will be looking for the original one.Did you send the original NVC letter to your fiancee here in the phils.?also with the orig.i-134 form?thanks

St Lukes will also accept the confirmation page of your visa interview.

The only original form you need from your fiance is the I-134. All others can be copies.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I'm having major problems with NVC. I can't get any information out of them.i got my NOA2 5/28/15. My application was sent to the Department of State 6/8/15. I called about a week later 6/17 and they said they received it 6/15. Now every time I have called since they said they don't have it yet and please wait 35 days. It's been 35 days since NOA2. Any insights? I feel like I have no power. My grandmother just passed away and I really want my fiance here for her memorial service. I'm so devastated by this whole process. I thought the NVC was supposed to be the easy and fast part. Everyone else's who has been approved after mine has already been sent to the consulate

Timeline

I'm having major problems with NVC. I can't get any information out of them.i got my NOA2 5/28/15. My application was sent to the Department of State 6/8/15. I called about a week later 6/17 and they said they received it 6/15. Now every time I have called since they said they don't have it yet and please wait 35 days. It's been 35 days since NOA2. Any insights? I feel like I have no power. My grandmother just passed away and I really want my fiance here for her memorial service. I'm so devastated by this whole process. I thought the NVC was supposed to be the easy and fast part. Everyone else's who has been approved after mine has already been sent to the consulate

Next time ask to speak to a supervisor You don't have a case number yet?

Timeline

Next time ask to speak to a supervisor You don't have a case number yet?

yes,i still do not have a case number.i tried calling them.it's been 25 days since my noa2 approval.

Timeline

yes,i still do not have a case number.i tried calling them.it's been 25 days since my noa2 approval.

Your probably in AP which is Additional checks on your petition. I was in AP as well. no worries they can not deny your application or send it back once it is approved by USCIS. that would be my guess. Keep trying to call. you have to be persistent on the dialing. hang up redial hang up redial etc.. Once you reach them you can get your case number and they will tell you that you are in AP. that would be the only reason why it (k1)stays at NVC so long. my application stayed there about 20 days and my counterparts here on VJ were out of there in 3-5 days. So I feel your frustration. You must be persistent in calling that is the only way to really understand what is going on. and without the case number you will not be able to track on the website. Once I checked on the 20th day it went from at NVC to in Transit to Ready all in a matter of hours so it went pretty quick after that. Hopefully you can use this wait time to get some of your documents together. USC needs tax transcripts letters from employer W2 ,paystubs and the Affidavit of Support filled out and signed and sent to beneficiary this can not be a copy of that document I134, so there are things you can do while you wait make sure the beneficiary has the passport, police certificate the correct birth certificate etc. these documents have cause extra delay for me so I am happy I started gathering them before my papers were sent to the embassy. Sorry for your wait but it will be over soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.