Matt_Stevens

Travel agent advice flying to China

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have a friend who is coming to the USA from China. A visa is not an issue since she has a long tourist visa. The issue is she wants to buy a round trip ticket and I want to buy a one-way ticket to return to China with her (I have a visa and don't know how long I will be staying).

It seems it's impossible to make such purchase online so I will have to look into a travel agency. But there are soooo many and also so many ripoff artists.

Anyone have advice on a good reliable agency that can book out tickets and find us a good deal?

I would call the airline directly and book it. Ive done this a few times I shop separately to find prices online and then call the airline directly and book them to ensure its the same flights and that we get seats together. My flights were never to China but im sure the airlines will still book over the phone.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I have a friend who is coming to the USA from China. A visa is not an issue since she has a long tourist visa. The issue is she wants to buy a round trip ticket and I want to buy a one-way ticket to return to China with her (I have a visa and don't know how long I will be staying).

It seems it's impossible to make such purchase online so I will have to look into a travel agency. But there are soooo many and also so many ripoff artists.

Anyone have advice on a good reliable agency that can book out tickets and find us a good deal?

Why does it seem impossible to by tickets online? I've purchased many tickets to and from China (roundtrip and one way) online and never had a problem. I've booked directly with the airlines online and many third party websites such as orbitz or ctrip.

Once she books her flight just book the same return. If you do it far enough in advance you may even be able to select the seat next to her, unless you snore then you might want to sit further away.

Filed: Timeline

No matter what I did online the routing was different or impossible to get at a decent rate. And certainly impossible to get our seats together.

In the end a friend got me with a Chinese travel agent in Queens NY and she was able to take care of everything. And the price was terrific. So it's a done deal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.