joseph2015

can I enter the US while I'm on administrative processing I'm a canadian citizen (merged)

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm a canadian Citizen and i have been placed on administrative processing since febuary 2015 after my waiver application(I-601,I-212) has been approved. my question is: Can I enter the US while I'm waiting for my immigrant visa??? my father-in-law is sick I need to go see him.

Any advice will be very appreciated thanks.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Joseph2015:

My husband's case is under AP as well, he has been in the US many times however after the interview, He was denied entrance at the airport, not even for transit. I guess If they approve your waiver you will be ok. by the way, if you don't mind why was your case placed on AP and have you heard from the consulate during this 5 months? my husband was born in Cuba and we believe that's the reason for AP because the Consular Officer said that everything in the file was ok. but so far 50 days and waiting...

Hope your father-in-law gets better soon

Timeline

thanks for responding, well i don't know why i think maybe it's because i overstayed in the US. since febuary i never hear from the consular i emailed them twice each time i received an automated email saying that my case is undergoing administrative processing. Did they tell your husban why he was denied entry if he used to enter before?? is it because he is on AP??

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Just because a waiver has been approved does not make it certain that the IO will allow you into the usa. If you're going to try entering on a non immigrant visa I strongly suggest that you bring documentation That your fil is ill? They may grant you humanitarian parole.

Timeline

thanks for responding, well i don't know why i think maybe it's because i overstayed in the US. since febuary i never hear from the consular i emailed them twice each time i received an automated email saying that my case is undergoing administrative processing. Did they tell your husban why he was denied entry if he used to enter before?? is it because he is on AP??

Yes, he was denied because his case is on AP and they told him that he's possible immigrant!! and he needs to wait till the process is finish by the consulate unless is a family medical emergency. I think you will be ok with the waiver, by the way, make sure you have a round trip ticket.

Timeline

Yes, he was denied because his case is on AP and they told him that he's possible immigrant!! and he needs to wait till the process is finish by the consulate unless is a family medical emergency. I think you will be ok with the waiver, by the way, make sure you have a round trip ticket.

ok thanks any ways i'm not gonna take the plane i'm gonna drive with my wife and my daughter they already have their green card.

Timeline

Just because a waiver has been approved does not make it certain that the IO will allow you into the usa. If you're going to try entering on a non immigrant visa I strongly suggest that you bring documentation That your fil is ill? They may grant you humanitarian parole.

I'm going to use my canadian passport to enter.

Canadians get the equivalent of a B1/b2 visa when we e ter without having to apply for one.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

this is an update, i was able to travel to the usa, but i,m still on AP. I have been waiting since febuary.

Hi Joseph:

I'm really happy you were able to travel, that makes this waiting time a lot easier!! We are still on AP 77 days today and waiting.... The file has been updated only once but nothing was requested from the consulate. Have you heard anything from them? if you don't mind saying, what is your country of origin? I know another VJ member waiting in MTL in AP since Feb as well, original from the Philippines and Got the Visa last week.

Please keep me posted, if they request anything from you.

thank you!!

Timeline

Hi Idy!

Thanks for responding. well, I never hear from them and they never request anything from me. I'm from Haiti. what's frustrating is I already forward 2 police reports and two medical reports because it took 8 months to get my waiver application approved and i had to forward new PR and new MR.I will keep you posted.I'M JUST WONDERING, WILL THEY ASK ME THESE THINGS AGAIN IF THIS IS NOT RESOLVED IN SIX MONTHS.

Timeline

Hi Idy!

Thanks for responding. well, I never hear from them and they never request anything from me. I'm from Haiti. what's frustrating is I already forward 2 police reports and two medical reports because it took 8 months to get my waiver application approved and i had to forward new PR and new MR.I will keep you posted.I'M JUST WONDERING, WILL THEY ASK ME THESE THINGS AGAIN IF THIS IS NOT RESOLVED IN SIX MONTHS.

The medical and police cert. it has to be valid at the time of your entry. Hope you get it soon. Why don't you send another email? you've been waiting for 6 months already. they probably will answer with automatic email. but at least they have to post an update to your file.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

The medical and police cert. it has to be valid at the time of your entry. Hope you get it soon. Why don't you send another email? you've been waiting for 6 months already. they probably will answer with automatic email. but at least they have to post an update to your file.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.