11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear All,

VJ has always been a great resource for my journey. I am currently stuck and I need your help on this. So thanks in advance.

I am currently applying for CR1 visa. I sent my supporting documents (Financial and Civil Documents) to NVC approximately one month ago. At that time I did not filled the DS-260 because of the technical issue that was causing users to not access DS-260.

I filled the DS-260 on 7 July 2015 and today I received following email(checklist) from NVC:

Page1:

Dear _______________:

We reviewed the documents you submitted to us. This letter has a list of documents that are missing or that need additional information. Please review the instructions and send us the required information. If you do not provide this information, it will delay your immigrant visa interview.

Page2:

National Visa Center Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet ______________________________________________ 

You must use this cover sheet when you physically submit forms and/or supporting documents to the NVC. Place a legible copy of this form on the top of each submission and mail to the address given below. Note: Failure to use this cover sheet will delay your visa. Use this cover sheet only for the case number indicated below. Information for any other case(s) being mailed in the same package must include the cover sheet for that case. National Visa Center ATTN: DR 31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 100 Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914  Do Not use this cover sheet if you are submitting forms and/or supporting documents by e-mail (Electronic Processing). Instead, type your NVC case number in the subject line of the e-mail message. Follow the directions on http://nvc.state.gov/to correctly scan and submit forms and documents.

Page3:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: ________

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the address provided.

______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________ All traveling immigrant visa applicants on your case are required to complete and submit the DS-260 Online Immigrant Visa Application. Even if you previously filled out a DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Form, you must now complete the DS-260 in order to be eligible for a visa interview. You will find instructions for submitting all required forms and supporting civil documents on our website http://nvc.state.gov/. Please note the applicant will need the following information to access and complete DS-260: NVC case number Invoice identification number Beneficiary identifcation number for each traveling applicant If you are unsure of, or no longer have the required identification numbers, please contact the NVC by email at asknvc@state.gov or by telephone at 603-334-0700 and we will provide them to you. To avoid delaying your visa(s) we urge you to send the required supporting civil documents, for all applicants, together in a single submission as soon as possible after submitting the DS-260. Your case may be involved with paperless processes for submitting forms and documents. At this time, the availability of paperless processing is limited to selected U.S. Embassies and Consulates. A list of participating embassies and consulates can be found on http://nvc.state.gov/.

What should I do now. Since I have already submitted the DS-260 application should I send the "Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Confirmation" page downloaded the ceac website along with the printed copy of the whole ds-260application?

Secondly what should be the order of the reply of this email

1. National Visa Center Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet (Page2)

2. The Letter (page 1)

3. Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Confirmation

4. Printed copy of the whole ds-260 application

I shall be highly grateful to you for helping me out on this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

If you submitted the DS-260 on the 7th and you received that email on the 8th, it sounds like it's just a time glitch. It's probably nothing to worry about but I would call NVC to double check, just to be on the safe side because I submitted my DS-260 end of April and after they had reviewed our documents at end of June, so two months later, we got a checklist saying I hadn't submitted my DS-260 yet. I guess in our case, they just "forgot" to review our DS-260. So just call them and make sure that your DS-260 have been submitted correctly.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Timeline

Thank you very much for the reply. What do you recommend, should I send the hard copy of documents as mentioned in my query? i.e. 1. National Visa Center Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet (Page2)

2. The Letter (page 1)

Or just rely on the phone call to NVC?

Thank you once again.

Timeline

I just called them and the lady on the phone could see it had been more than 60 days since I had submitted my DS-260, so she put it for supervisor review. She said I didn't need to send anything in.

Edited by mallafri76

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dear All,

VJ has always been a great resource for my journey. I am currently stuck and I need your help on this. So thanks in advance.

I am currently applying for CR1 visa. I sent my supporting documents (Financial and Civil Documents) to NVC approximately one month ago. At that time I did not filled the DS-260 because of the technical issue that was causing users to not access DS-260.

I filled the DS-260 on 7 July 2015 and today I received following email(checklist) from NVC:

Page1:

Dear _______________:

We reviewed the documents you submitted to us. This letter has a list of documents that are missing or that need additional information. Please review the instructions and send us the required information. If you do not provide this information, it will delay your immigrant visa interview.

Page2:

National Visa Center Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet ______________________________________________ 

You must use this cover sheet when you physically submit forms and/or supporting documents to the NVC. Place a legible copy of this form on the top of each submission and mail to the address given below. Note: Failure to use this cover sheet will delay your visa. Use this cover sheet only for the case number indicated below. Information for any other case(s) being mailed in the same package must include the cover sheet for that case. National Visa Center ATTN: DR 31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 100 Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914  Do Not use this cover sheet if you are submitting forms and/or supporting documents by e-mail (Electronic Processing). Instead, type your NVC case number in the subject line of the e-mail message. Follow the directions on http://nvc.state.gov/to correctly scan and submit forms and documents.

Page3:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: ________

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When responding to the National Visa Center, please include the bar code sheet that came with this letter. Failure to include the bar code sheet may cause a delay in the processing of your case. The bar code sheet should be placed on top of all documents being submitted for this case and mailed to the address provided.

______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________ All traveling immigrant visa applicants on your case are required to complete and submit the DS-260 Online Immigrant Visa Application. Even if you previously filled out a DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Form, you must now complete the DS-260 in order to be eligible for a visa interview. You will find instructions for submitting all required forms and supporting civil documents on our website http://nvc.state.gov/. Please note the applicant will need the following information to access and complete DS-260: NVC case number Invoice identification number Beneficiary identifcation number for each traveling applicant If you are unsure of, or no longer have the required identification numbers, please contact the NVC by email at asknvc@state.gov or by telephone at 603-334-0700 and we will provide them to you. To avoid delaying your visa(s) we urge you to send the required supporting civil documents, for all applicants, together in a single submission as soon as possible after submitting the DS-260. Your case may be involved with paperless processes for submitting forms and documents. At this time, the availability of paperless processing is limited to selected U.S. Embassies and Consulates. A list of participating embassies and consulates can be found on http://nvc.state.gov/.

What should I do now. Since I have already submitted the DS-260 application should I send the "Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Confirmation" page downloaded the ceac website along with the printed copy of the whole ds-260application?

Secondly what should be the order of the reply of this email

1. National Visa Center Case Number Barcode Cover Sheet (Page2)

2. The Letter (page 1)

I shall be highly grateful to you for helping me out on this.

Im in the same situation look at my timeline , NVC could have reviewed your docs before you submitted your ds-260 , its a normal email you get when the computer finds a missing item , so i recommend you to call the NVC and verified thats the only checklist you have , regarding the ds-260 it till take 30 days to be reviewed or less , by the way i tried to waive the 30 days as i claimed that chkl was a false one since i was not able to do it but the sup did not approve my request

good luck

Here is My TimeLine for my VisaJourney :

Note : This is a US.Citizen applying for relatives category

• Service Center : Vermont Service Center
  • Consulate : Morocco
  • Marriage (if applicable):
  • I-130 Sent : 2014-11-16
  • I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-23
  • I-130 RFE : 2015-03-26
  • I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-03-30
  • I-130 Approved : 2015-04-16
  • NVC Received : 2015-05-04
  • Assigned Case Number : 2015-05-14
  • Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-05-19
  • Pay AOS Bill : 2015-05-29
  • Send AOS Package : 2015-05-27
  • Receive I-864 Package : 2015-05-14
  • Submit DS-261 : 2015-05-28 ( The website was down for almost 3 weeks , no one was able to log in )
  • Send IV Package : 2015-05-27
  • Checklist: 26 June 2015 [ Non-submission of DS 260] i was not able to submit it due to the website issue ]
  • Submit DS-260 05 July 2015
  • Case Completed 05 August 2015
  • Interview scheduled on 9/11/2015
  • Interview shceduled for 10/14/2015
  • Interview Status : Approved

Timeline

1. I filled out DS260 last week, and it shows " completed " on CEAC.

2. I received exact the same email checklist for DS260 2 days ago and i called NVC rightafter to confirm if any missing documents. The rep told me that the only missing document is DS260 and i should ignore the checklist since i filled out already.

3. Today i decided to call NVC again since i really dont trust the NVC reps. And I was told differently that everything completed EXCEPT the passport biographic data page for supporting document and DS 260.

I told the reps that how possibly that we can miss that most important support document and I am sure 100% I included that in the IV Package. So I request to speak to the supervisor. And the rep jus said that what he saw on his end and freaking hung up on me. I am now still pissed off.

I guess I have to resend the Passport again since i dont want to take any chances.

I suggest you guys should call NVC to find out if there are really any missing documents.

USCIS

6/3/2014 - I-130 Sent   6/10/2014 - Received NOA1   7/10/2014 - Received NOA2    11/10/2014 - Called USCIS for status

12/10/2014 - Result back with case pending due to Security Check    1/10/2015 - Called USCIS for status

2/10/2015 - Result back with case pending adjudication further review

3/31/2015 - Case approved by USCIS and forwarded to NVC

NVC

4/10/215 - NVC assigned with receipt case #    4/28/2015 - Completed DS261 Choice of Agent online

5/4/2015 - Called NVC to complete review DS261 by phone  

6/4/2015 - Sent both AOS and IV packages to NVC    6/8/2015 - Received IV fee notice     6/9/2015 - Paid IV fee

6/24/2015 - Received checklist for missing Data Passport Page      6/28/2015 - Mailed in checklist request

7/6/2015 - Completed IV application (DS260) online

7/8/2015 - Received checklist for missing Data Passport Page again and DS260 because NVC lost the package

7/10/2015 - Mailed in checklist request again       8/10/2015 - Case completed on phone with NVC

8/17/2015 - Received email confirmation for case completed

EMBASSY

8/26/2016 - Scheduled interview      8/27/2015 - Received P4 letter thru email     9/14/2014 - Medical Exam Done

9/16/2015 - Interview date- Passed but waiting for Medical exam Results

9/24/2015 - Medical exam results sent to US Embassy

9/29/2015 - CEAC visa status show " Issued "     10/1/2015 - Visa in hand      10/12/2015 - POE Los Angeles, California

LIFTING CONDITION

7/13/2017 - Sent in ROC application      7/17/2017 - Received NOA

7/21/2017 - Received Appointment notice for Biometrics     8/7/2017   - Biometrics taken

3/5/2018   - Case moved to local office          9/18/2018 - Case tranferred to Nebraska Service Center 

12/19/2018 - Case approved, Card being produced         12/20/2018 - Card received

Timeline

Here is checklist i received thru the email

QUOTE " NSTRUCTIONS FOR: APPLICANT

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1:_______________________ All traveling immigrant visa applicants on your case are required to complete and submit the DS-260 Online Immigrant Visa Application. Even if you previously filled out a DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Form, you must now complete the DS-260 in order to be eligible for a visa interview. You will find instructions for submitting all required forms and supporting civil documents on our website http://nvc.state.gov/. Please note the applicant will need the following information to access and complete DS-260: NVC case number Invoice identification number Beneficiary identifcation number for each traveling applicant If you are unsure of, or no longer have the required identification numbers, please contact the NVC by email at asknvc@state.gov or by telephone at 603-334-0700 and we will provide them to you. To avoid delaying your visa(s) we urge you to send the required supporting civil documents, for all applicants, together in a single submission as soon as possible after submitting the DS-260. Your case may be involved with paperless processes for submitting forms and documents. At this time, the availability of paperless processing is limited to selected U.S. Embassies and Consulates. A list of participating embassies and consulates can be found on http://nvc.state.gov/. ' END OF QUOTE

USCIS

6/3/2014 - I-130 Sent   6/10/2014 - Received NOA1   7/10/2014 - Received NOA2    11/10/2014 - Called USCIS for status

12/10/2014 - Result back with case pending due to Security Check    1/10/2015 - Called USCIS for status

NVC

4/10/215 - NVC assigned with receipt case #    4/28/2015 - Completed DS261 Choice of Agent online

6/4/2015 - Sent both AOS and IV packages to NVC    6/8/2015 - Received IV fee notice     6/9/2015 - Paid IV fee

6/24/2015 - Received checklist for missing Data Passport Page      6/28/2015 - Mailed in checklist request

7/8/2015 - Received checklist for missing Data Passport Page again and DS260 because NVC lost the package

7/10/2015 - Mailed in checklist request again       8/10/2015 - Case completed on phone with NVC

EMBASSY

8/26/2016 - Scheduled interview      8/27/2015 - Received P4 letter thru email     9/14/2014 - Medical Exam Done

9/29/2015 - CEAC visa status show " Issued "     10/1/2015 - Visa in hand      10/12/2015 - POE Los Angeles, California

LIFTING CONDITION

7/21/2017 - Received Appointment notice for Biometrics     8/7/2017   - Biometrics taken

3/5/2018   - Case moved to local office          9/18/2018 - Case tranferred to Nebraska Service Center 

12/19/2018 - Case approved, Card being produced         12/20/2018 - Card received

Timeline

dandanos ..

I will call NVC and ask about it. I have also sent the confirmation page of my ds-260 just to b on the safe side

jfbjfbjfb..

I have read this in numerous posts at VJ that the reps do not give you accurate information. But still you are doing a good thing that you are sending the pp copy. I suggest that you call nvc again and ask for the status.

• 3 weeks later...

dandanos ..

I will call NVC and ask about it. I have also sent the confirmation page of my ds-260 just to b on the safe side

jfbjfbjfb..

I have read this in numerous posts at VJ that the reps do not give you accurate information. But still you are doing a good thing that you are sending the pp copy. I suggest that you call nvc again and ask for the status.

Have u got cc? Did they review your ds260 already?

Timeline

NVC received my missing documents checklist on 7/24. I called today n was told to call back in a month.

Nothing new

USCIS

NVC

EMBASSY

LIFTING CONDITION

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.