185 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey guys! Quick update:

Las Vegas office - scheduled for 8:10 am showed up 15m early, waited about 20 min

Got called in by a very nice officer and it lasted literally 15 min- asked some basic questions: how did we meet if my husband is from Vegas. Asked about our joint apartment we already had 2 leases and we told him we lived together before getting married.

He asked some formal questions off the list like military service, communist participation etc.

Asked about my college education "I see you came in on student visa" and I said yes I graduated and got a job etc.

Asked about any trips taken together - we brought a 500 picture album so I quickly located all the trips to Cali, Colorado etc. and he asked about a few family gatherings to name people in the pictures.

Our file was extremely like EXTREMELY organized - accordion file with each section labeled according to the check list (so like "marriage based evidence" and in that section there would be "plastic inserts" (here is me with a confusing description- it's a plastic separator for a binder but it had 2 sides to insert files so we put pay stubs originals in one side and all the copies on the other side - that way there was no hassle, if he asked for something we just pulled out one tab like joint bank statements, other tab would be joint purchases like gym membership, purchase of bed, etc.

Officer was very friendly and APPROVED us!!!!

Case status updates came as text message 1 hour later.

Green card will take 4 weeks (big busy city)

Sending love and luck to all those waiting, be confident and have faith!

Ps. Please ask if you have any questions because I'm so excited and about to go celebrate with my husband and friends!

Congratulations!

N-400 Naturalization acpplication

9/9/2018: 90 day window early application opened. (3 year rule)

9/9/2018: N-400 Application submitted ONLINE. Estimated case completion: November 2019 (14 months).

9/10/2018: NOA

9/15/2018:Scheduled for Biometrics appointment. Scheduled for 10/1/2018

10/1/2018: Biometrics completed. 

4/11/2019: Scheduled for Interview.

5/20/2019: Interview day, APPROVED!

5/30/2019: Oath Ceremony. Officially a US citizen! Time to Vote :D

AOS / AP / EAD

7/22/2015: Mailed I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765

7/28/2015: Received electronic notification that USCIS has received my case and they are forwarding it to national benefits center.

8/1/2015: Received Hard copy of NOA of all 4 forms by mail.

8/6/2015: Received Biometrics appointment in mail, date 8/20

8/20/2015: Biometrics completed.

8/31/2015: Case updated to Interview scheduled for 10/1/2015

9/1/2015: Received interview letter hardcopy by mail

9/28/2015: EAD / AP Card in production

10/1/2015: Interview completed, unfortunately will need further review...

10/3/2015: Recieved EAD / AP combo card in mail

11/16/2015: Completed first Infopass. J1 file still pending from DOS

12/9/2015: I485 / I130 approved. I-485 updated to "New Card is being produced"!!!

12/14/2015: Received I130/I485 approval / Welcome letter

12/15/2015: Received Green Card in mail!!!!

J1 Exceptional Hardship Waiver Timeline:

12/18/2014: Form DS-3035 was received by the DOS

11/2014-2/2015: We collected letters of support from Family

2/15/2015: Last DS-2019 was received.

2/27/2015: Sent I-612 + Affidavit and supporting documents (This was sent to California Service Center)

3/4/2015: USCIS received I-612 and sent Form I-797C notice of action in mail which I received later on.

4/9/2015: USCIS requested another non-USCIS advisory opinion for Form I-612

4/14/2015: From I-612 and I-613 were received by the DOS

5/6/2015: DOS: Post input: received,

6/27/2015: DOS decision turned to Favorable recommendation, Recommendation sent on 6/26

7/2/2015: USCIS approved I-612 application online

7/9/2015: Received Hard copy approval in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hey guys! Quick update:

Las Vegas office - scheduled for 8:10 am showed up 15m early, waited about 20 min

Got called in by a very nice officer and it lasted literally 15 min- asked some basic questions: how did we meet if my husband is from Vegas. Asked about our joint apartment we already had 2 leases and we told him we lived together before getting married.

He asked some formal questions off the list like military service, communist participation etc.

Asked about my college education "I see you came in on student visa" and I said yes I graduated and got a job etc.

Asked about any trips taken together - we brought a 500 picture album so I quickly located all the trips to Cali, Colorado etc. and he asked about a few family gatherings to name people in the pictures.

Our file was extremely like EXTREMELY organized - accordion file with each section labeled according to the check list (so like "marriage based evidence" and in that section there would be "plastic inserts" (here is me with a confusing description- it's a plastic separator for a binder but it had 2 sides to insert files so we put pay stubs originals in one side and all the copies on the other side - that way there was no hassle, if he asked for something we just pulled out one tab like joint bank statements, other tab would be joint purchases like gym membership, purchase of bed, etc.

Officer was very friendly and APPROVED us!!!!

Case status updates came as text message 1 hour later.

Green card will take 4 weeks (big busy city)

Sending love and luck to all those waiting, be confident and have faith!

Ps. Please ask if you have any questions because I'm so excited and about to go celebrate with my husband and friends!

Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

My Green Card came in the mail today!!! ???

Welcome to the United States of America!!!!!

Thank you all for the support and useful advice - you cannot even imagine how much it meant for me and how helpful you all were!!! It is with the help of the wonderful VisaJourney members and mutual support that we were able to make it through and have a huge relief for now!

I will definitely be checking in on here to see if I could be helpful to anyone and I am so very excited to see you guys back in 2 years - sharing our further accomplishments!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you all for the support and useful advice - you cannot even imagine how much it meant for me and how helpful you all were!!! It is with the help of the wonderful VisaJourney members and mutual support that we were able to make it through and have a huge relief for now!

I will definitely be checking in on here to see if I could be helpful to anyone and I am so very excited to see you guys back in 2 years - sharing our further accomplishments!

Congratulations!! See you in 3 years for naturalization :)

N-400 Naturalization acpplication

9/9/2018: 90 day window early application opened. (3 year rule)

9/9/2018: N-400 Application submitted ONLINE. Estimated case completion: November 2019 (14 months).

9/10/2018: NOA

9/15/2018:Scheduled for Biometrics appointment. Scheduled for 10/1/2018

10/1/2018: Biometrics completed. 

4/11/2019: Scheduled for Interview.

5/20/2019: Interview day, APPROVED!

5/30/2019: Oath Ceremony. Officially a US citizen! Time to Vote :D

AOS / AP / EAD

7/22/2015: Mailed I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765

7/28/2015: Received electronic notification that USCIS has received my case and they are forwarding it to national benefits center.

8/1/2015: Received Hard copy of NOA of all 4 forms by mail.

8/6/2015: Received Biometrics appointment in mail, date 8/20

8/20/2015: Biometrics completed.

8/31/2015: Case updated to Interview scheduled for 10/1/2015

9/1/2015: Received interview letter hardcopy by mail

9/28/2015: EAD / AP Card in production

10/1/2015: Interview completed, unfortunately will need further review...

10/3/2015: Recieved EAD / AP combo card in mail

11/16/2015: Completed first Infopass. J1 file still pending from DOS

12/9/2015: I485 / I130 approved. I-485 updated to "New Card is being produced"!!!

12/14/2015: Received I130/I485 approval / Welcome letter

12/15/2015: Received Green Card in mail!!!!

J1 Exceptional Hardship Waiver Timeline:

12/18/2014: Form DS-3035 was received by the DOS

11/2014-2/2015: We collected letters of support from Family

2/15/2015: Last DS-2019 was received.

2/27/2015: Sent I-612 + Affidavit and supporting documents (This was sent to California Service Center)

3/4/2015: USCIS received I-612 and sent Form I-797C notice of action in mail which I received later on.

4/9/2015: USCIS requested another non-USCIS advisory opinion for Form I-612

4/14/2015: From I-612 and I-613 were received by the DOS

5/6/2015: DOS: Post input: received,

6/27/2015: DOS decision turned to Favorable recommendation, Recommendation sent on 6/26

7/2/2015: USCIS approved I-612 application online

7/9/2015: Received Hard copy approval in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.