JS30

Date of Birth Problem

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

My my wife and I have won the American Diversity Visa Lottery (2016). But there is one challenge I want you to advise us on. During the entry the person who made the entry made a mistake in entering her date of birth. Instead of 23/02/1990 the person made it 23/02/1991. we realised this when we went for the confirmation page.

Now, all her documents (High school certificate, Birth Certificate, Passport and all documents) bear the same date of birth that is 23/02/1990.

would this cause any problem during our visa interview?

Also, we realized we have won just last week meanwhile the winning page shows 5th May as the date the winning information was released. we are now filling the Ds 260

Is it too late for us to fill and submit?

NB: My wife the is the principal applicant

Thank you

It's fine for you to submit the DS260 now.

Your bigger problem is the incorrect date of birth. Some embassies are more lenient on these things than others for genuine errors. Unfortunately Accra has been reported as getting very strict with eDV errors in name and date of birth, especially where agents are concerned, so there is a chance you may be refused because of it - I cannot say how big this chance is. You will need to decide whether or not to take the chance of going for the interview, bearing in mind you pay the visa interview fee in advance and it is not refunded if you are refused.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.