vickie1974

aka packet 3 question

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mine and my fiance case has showed ready since June 25, 2015 on the CEAC . Does anyone know how long it takes for my fiance to receive his letter ( aka packet 3 ) from the london us embassy?

VICKIE IAN

Flag-Pins-USA-Northern-Ireland.jpg

Hi there,

Our status showed ready on 15 May and I received a letter from the Embassy in London on 28 May so it was pretty quick. I would think that you'll be getting your letter this week, but of course there is no set time limit.

Fingers crossed and good luck :)

Mine and my fiance case has showed ready since June 25, 2015 on the CEAC . Does anyone know how long it takes for my fiance to receive his letter ( aka packet 3 ) from the london us embassy?

Usually within two weeks, but if it says "ready" you can get started. The letter isn't critical. It just tells you where to find the London instructions. Your instructions are here http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/fiance_instructions.html

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

yeh we would but our attorney says to wait for the letter :(

Has your attorney told you to get your shots and shot record and police certificate? Those should have already been done? Affidavit of Support should already be mailed to Ian. All needed documents in hand?

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

We have not done the ds-160 yet cause he said to wait for the letter from embassy then he will assist ian with the application

Yes, I understood that part. My question wasn't about submitting form DS-160. I asked about the things Ian will need to have in place that he could have been doing while you wait on the letter.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

yes we have the shots and police certificate. the affidavit of support packet will be put together by our attorney to be sent to ian in a few days. I was just wondering how long it takes the london us embassy to send ian a letter that they received our case..

VICKIE IAN

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Ok so I emailed the London us embassy and they said they mailed ian a letter to continue on the 24 of june but we have never got it. Ian tried to schedule a medical but they said he must bring the letter from the embassy confirming the case is there. So my ? Is do you really need the letter at the medical or is there a way to go without the letter?

VICKIE IAN

Ok so I emailed the London us embassy and they said they mailed ian a letter to continue on the 24 of june but we have never got it. Ian tried to schedule a medical but they said he must bring the letter from the embassy confirming the case is there. So my ? Is do you really need the letter at the medical or is there a way to go without the letter?

Lots have gone without it, but they knew their LND number to give when they called to book the appointment. Some people even have their medical before the letter arrives. Ask you lawyer what he wants you to do.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

He called to set up the medical and gave them the lnd # but they said he must bring the letter to the appt. So he held off making the appointment. I dont know what to think or do. Im affraid that he'll pay to fly him and his son to london, get to the appt and then they wont see them because he has no letter. This is a damn if you do or damn if you dont situation. my attorney isnt any help. He just says to wait for the letter. :unsure:

VICKIE IAN

He called to set up the medical and gave them the lnd # but they said he must bring the letter to the appt. So he held off making the appointment. I dont know what to think or do. Im affraid that he'll pay to fly him and his son to london, get to the appt and then they wont see them because he has no letter. This is a damn if you do or damn if you dont situation. my attorney isnt any help. He just says to wait for the letter. :unsure:

I've shared what I know from my experience reading every post in the UK forum for the last 2500+ days. (Yes, that is a serious, no joking comment.) You call and give the LND, you say you have the letter (they don't know), and you make an appointment. Here you can read what Lee said about it as a first person experience. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/549887-letter-from-embassy-for-medical-exam/?p=7638583

I told you people are successful at the medical without a letter. I told you you can start the steps of applying for the visa without receiving the letter. It only contains a link to the instructions on the website, which I already gave you. And it tells you that your I-129F petition expires in four months (so Sept 21 ish) and if your interview comes after that how to revalidate the petition. At this rate you probably won't interview by then so send a new letter of intent to your fiancé to take to his interview.

So that's about all I'm going to offer you in the way of suggestions. You've lost a month waiting already. It's your decision if you want to continue to wait like your lawyer says. Maybe give it another month and revisit the situation if you haven't made any progress.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

I've shared what I know from my experience reading every post in the UK forum for the last 2500+ days. (Yes, that is a serious, no joking comment.) You call and give the LND, you say you have the letter (they don't know), and you make an appointment. Here you can read what Lee said about it as a first person experience. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/549887-letter-from-embassy-for-medical-exam/?p=7638583

I told you people are successful at the medical without a letter. I told you you can start the steps of applying for the visa without receiving the letter. It only contains a link to the instructions on the website, which I already gave you. And it tells you that your I-129F petition expires in four months (so Sept 21 ish) and if your interview comes after that how to revalidate the petition. At this rate you probably won't interview by then so send a new letter of intent to your fiancé to take to his interview.

So that's about all I'm going to offer you in the way of suggestions. You've lost a month waiting already. It's your decision if you want to continue to wait like your lawyer says. Maybe give it another month and revisit the situation if you haven't made any progress.

Ok that you for all your help and suggestion. Now I have one more stupid question lol... Ian just finished the DS-160 and at the end he printed out his confirmation page. We cant figure out where and how to pay for it online there was no link?

VICKIE IAN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.