Janelle2002

Why Muslims are raising money for black churches destroyed by fire

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I used to buy properties in South Dallas, aka the Hood aka the Ghetto. Just a tad behind Fair Park. I was the only white guy for miles, I was treated like an outsider. Continually stared down, rude comments thrown. Of course I did meet a few cool cats, most were older dudes. I pent about 2 years down there 5 days per week.

I can promise you will not be treated well going into a all black area. You are seen as an outsider, I was able to see a side of culture that few people get to see

i know that hood.

my hood was a bit south of there, in Oak Cliff.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Muslims are doing this to deflect the hate since they are neck to neck with blacks in the dislike polls. :whistle:

that's one point of view.

Perhaps there is another point of view, where the african muslims recently in U.S.A. are reaching out to their descended kinfolk. I remember studying similar patterns for Catholic and/or Jacobite Scots for the great Scots Diaspora circa 1745 to 1900.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

They want to show they care, but might have hidden plans.

Beauty of Islam, look in Syria you see.

I like Teddy would like to know more about these hidden plans...

If I'm not mistaken the shooter in South Carolina was welcomed into their Bible study. In fact, I also believe he said he second thoughts about the shooting because they were so nice to him.

He stayed for an hour before the shooting, contemplating about it since they were so accommodating. But that's what hate does to you. It robs you of compassion.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I like Teddy would like to know more about these hidden plans...

You know what plans Marv. :wacko:

The same type of plan as sending certain Black Muslims to Hawaii as part of a sleeper cell. :lol:

Timeline

omgz. he's creating a sleeper cell of retired military folksen? well, when he has enough of them, he can field a sand-volleyball team, slim down a bit with the sweating. bonus points if all wear sarongs.

omgz. he's creating a sleeper cell of retired military folksen? well, when he has enough of them, he can field a sand-volleyball team, slim down a bit with the sweating. bonus points if all wear sarongs.

Marv's been workin out double time to fit into that vest. :ph34r:

Timeline

vest? Marv no need no vest, no one shoots the bullets during a sand-volleyball game. well, at least, not in his neck of the beachen.

vest? Marv no need no vest, no one shoots the bullets during a sand-volleyball game. well, at least, not in his neck of the beachen.

Wrong kind of vest D. Are you using a handphone?

Shh! You'll blow my cover. You think I'm soaking up all this sun and surf for fun? I'm on a mission from Allah :ph34r:

What's funny about this? My job plays volleyball every Monday and Thursday at 0630 in the morning on the beach. It's part of the requirement to work here. That's how this place rolls

Now that's a job worth havin Marv. They hiring?

Wrong kind of vest D. Are you using a handphone?

Now that's a job worth havin Marv. They hiring?

I'll have to get back to you on that one, have to take care of my people first. :goofy: Janelle got a tour when she was here and she's straight up trying to transfer over here.

They have a Taste of Asia every month where we meet on the Lanai outside and have various Asian dishes. Our Annual Picnic was last Monday, I thought it was going to be Mandatory fun, but it was a day at the beach with food and drinks.

Janelle said I should start a twitter feed about all my hardships working here in Hawaii. I'm going to call it #Marvinproblems

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I'll have to get back to you on that one, have to take care of my people first. :goofy: Janelle got a tour when she was here and she's straight up trying to transfer over here.

They have a Taste of Asia every month where we meet on the Lanai outside and have various Asian dishes. Our Annual Picnic was last Monday, I thought it was going to be Mandatory fun, but it was a day at the beach with food and drinks.

Janelle said I should start a twitter feed about all my hardships working here in Hawaii. I'm going to call it #Marvinproblems

Don't play. I'll be there by September. Yaaaa!!!!

Please Marv. Do tell about the difficulties you are experiencing for just being Marvin. :goofy:

I voted for Obama, that should give me some cred.

A day at the beach with food and drinks?!? Blasphemy!! Maybe you should start a gofundme page as well.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

We should all applaud the initiative. Of course, the less aware will criticize it because it doesn't fit their prejudiced narrative in which Muslims can only play one role and one role only...

Three Muslim organizations have banded together to raise money for eight black churches that have been destroyed by fire after nine people were shot and killed in a Charleston, S.C. church on June 17.

“To many it is clear that these are attacks on Black culture, Black religion and Black lives,” the organizers of the fundraiser say on the campaign web page.

Four of the eight churches have been ruled arson and are being investigated. Three others are being investigated for possible arson.

“We must always keep in mind that the Muslim community and the black community are not different communities. We are profoundly integrated in many ways, in our overlapping identities and in our relationship to this great and complicated country,” the campaign page, organized by MuslimARC, the Arab-American Association of New York, and Ummah Wide, a digital media startup focused on Muslim issues, says.

The campaign is being crowdfunded (that is, any given amount donated by lots of different people toward a larger goal) on a website called LaunchGood.

“We believe that Muslims have incredible values to share with the rest of the world and LaunchGood is a manifestation of the impact that Muslims can have when they rally together for good,” co-founder Amany Killawy said in an email.

Since the campaign to raise money for the churches launched on July 2, the effort has raised $24,065, as of this writing, toward a $25,000 goal from 546 supporters. The campaign has 10 days to go. The organizers say on the campaign page that funds will be routed to the churches most in need through direct contact with pastors and church leaders.

“It's Ramadan and we are experiencing firsthand the beauty and sanctity of our mosques during this holy month,” Imam Zaid Shakir, a Muslim American scholar, says on the campaign page. “ALL houses of worship are sanctuaries."

Mr. Shakir says that there has not been anywhere near the amount of resources amassed to help rebuild the churches.

“We created LaunchGood as platform to support Muslims launching good across the globe, which is not limited to the Muslim community only,” Ms. Killawi said. She pointed out that the campaign to help rebuild black churches launched during the month of Ramadan which is “a time of increased generosity for Muslims worldwide.”

http://news.yahoo.com/why-muslims-raising-money-black-churches-destroyed-fire-214401934.html

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Don't play. I'll be there by September. Yaaaa!!!!

Please Marv. Do tell about the difficulties you are experiencing for just being Marvin. :goofy:

You have no ideas of the horrors I deal with here everyday.

Walking to work in 79 degree weather with a cool breeze

Dealing with an exceptionally long traffic light before I can cross the street. That prolongs my walk time to 8 minutes, I'm upset!

All the hot women bothering me at the mall to buy stuff

I have to walk a whopping 6 minutes to get to at least 2 beaches! The 3rd one 15 min by walk. The agony!

It's always sunny here, even when it rains!

#Marvinproblems

I voted for Obama, that should give me some cred.

A day at the beach with food and drinks?!? Blasphemy!! Maybe you should start a gofundme page as well.

Don't play, I might just do that. I need to raise money to deal with all the above problems...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg