gjr

Police Clearance

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am a newbie on this forum and i have a concern that let me worry. I am a k1 applicant in Manila,Philippines. My interview is approaching and one of the requirements is a police clearance whenever you reside outside the country for more than six months at the age of 16. I've been working and lived in Brunei Darusallam for over 6 years and in my stay there i had a relationship with this Muslim guy. Unfortunately, their religious officers they called it "Syariah" caught us in a room but we don't do anything. So from then they file a case to my Muslim guy where in he never attended. In short, i was blacklisted in Brunei for having an affair to a Muslim not knowingly about this law because i am a non Muslim.

The issue here is i was trying to get a police clearance and they were holding it right now, they didn't release yet. Whatever the case i have there they need to issue me a police record and whenever my interview is, i have a police clearance to show and explain truthfully why that happened.

May you please advice what is the best thing i will do for this matter since police clearance is required. In case they will not issue a police clearance due to my issue, is this will affect severely my K1 visa which i know is not a criminal offence? please help me answer my burdens.

Thank you and Godd day!

Edited by gjr

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Introducing Our Members to Phil Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hello everyone, I am a newbie on this forum and i have a concern that let me worry. I am a k1 applicant in Manila,Philippines. My interview is approaching and one of the requirements is a police clearance whenever you reside outside the country for more than six months at the age of 16. I've been working and lived in Brunei Darusallam for over 6 years and in my stay there i had a relationship with this Muslim guy. Unfortunately, their religious officers they called it "Syariah" caught us in a room but we don't do anything. So from then they file a case to my Muslim guy where in he never attended. In short, i was blacklisted in Brunei for having an affair to a Muslim not knowingly about this law because i am a non Muslim.

The issue here is i was trying to get a police clearance and they were holding it right now, they didn't release yet. Whatever the case i have there they need to issue me a police record and whenever my interview is, i have a police clearance to show and explain truthfully why that happened.

May you please advice what is the best thing i will do for this matter since police clearance is required. In case they will not issue a police clearance due to my issue, is this will affect severely my K1 visa which i know is not a criminal offence? please help me answer my burdens.

Thank you and Godd day!

First off I searched the state department's reciprocal requirements from other nation's and Brunei Darusallam is not listed and from that I conclude that you may not need a PC from that country.

Having said that do you have anything in writing from Brunei Darusallam that states they are holding your PC?

If so I would bring that to your interview and if asked present that document with an explanation. I don't think you should have any problems passing your interview. But,if the CO requires a PC from Brunei Darusallam then you'll receive a 221(g) requesting one be secured. At that time you need to keep pursuing the PC from Brunei Darusallam.

Please return here and do a follow-up post with what you did and what were your results.

Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Hi Greenbaum, Thank you for your reply and concern. Regarding to your question if they gave me a written document for holding my PC, they didn't gave me any. I just knew that to my niece whose helping me to process in Brunei. They always told her nextweek. I also talked to my ex Boss in Brunei and it's the same result "pending" and he also mentioned that Brunei authorities style is slow for such response.

All I have is the receipt applying for my PC. Is that considered as a proof?

Thank you and Good day to all. God Bless.

Hi Greenbaum, Thank you for your reply and concern. Regarding to your question if they gave me a written document for holding my PC, they didn't gave me any. I just knew that to my niece whose helping me to process in Brunei. They always told her nextweek. I also talked to my ex Boss in Brunei and it's the same result "pending" and he also mentioned that Brunei authorities style is slow for such response.

All I have is the receipt applying for my PC. Is that considered as a proof?

Thank you and Good day to all. God Bless.

I would continue to move your interview process forward without the PC but, I would bring all the documentation you have ie application, any fee receipts and any correspondence either by you from anyone who is helping you. Go to your interview and IF asked for PC then present your evidence that you have been trying in good faith to get a PC from Brunei and they have not responded and present your efforts to the CO. Be confident, look the CO in the eye when answering and be honest with ALL your answers.

Having said that, you may get a pass or you may get a 221(g) that requires you to submit the PC when you get it. Anyway, I'd rather take my chances that the CO will give me a pass so I am not dealing with the Bull from the Brunei authorities.

That's my opinion. It's your choice now.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Thank you for your concern. I will definitely pursue my interview because all the documents I have is true and correct. My ex boss will go tomorrow again to follow up my PC.

Thank you for the advice.

I'll keep you posted. I will still go through psychological evaluation due to my annulment and vaccination.

Everything is worth it when you do it right. I believe everything will be fine.

Thank you for your concern. I will definitely pursue my interview because all the documents I have is true and correct. My ex boss will go tomorrow again to follow up my PC.

Thank you for the advice.

I'll keep you posted. I will still go through psychological evaluation due to my annulment and vaccination.

Everything is worth it when you do it right. I believe everything will be fine.

:thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone,my niece in Brunei just released my police clearance yesterday and according to my P.C that I have an offence under their Religious Council having a suspicious proximity to any Muslim. As I stated above that I've been in a relationship with a Muslim guy which I really didn't know that this is a criminal offence to them.

Does anyone think that this is considered as a red flag on my K1 interview? Thank you for your future replies.

Hello everyone,my niece in Brunei just released my police clearance yesterday and according to my P.C that I have an offence under their Religious Council having a suspicious proximity to any Muslim. As I stated above that I've been in a relationship with a Muslim guy which I really didn't know that this is a criminal offence to them.

Does anyone think that this is considered as a red flag on my K1 interview? Thank you for your future replies.

The CO will take this under consideration and may ask you a questions about the details. Just look the CO in the eyes, be confident and explain in simple terms what happened and how it is viewed through the eyes of Muslim Law. If you don't know the answer to a question when asked, answer that you don't know. Be truthful with your answers. Don't give a long answer. The more information the more interrogation you will face. So keep it simple with your replies.

Since, Muslim law is much different then Filipino law or the US Laws and since culture and tradition has a larger barring, then I think you will not have a problem.

Please return and let us know the outcome of your interview. This question may come up again and we would like to give someone's experience.

Good Luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Hi!

I'm not sure if you had your interview yet. Just in case the CO will not ask for your PC don't even bother to mention it.

Just say you had a relationship with a Muslim and you're not aware that is not permissable. Don't go over too much details if it is not asked. Sometimes less is more…

Cheers!

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Timeline

Hi Dahlia 0811,

I haven't interview yet, just getting ready with all the possible questions.

Thank you so much for your advice.

I'll keep that on mind.

Good day and God Bless

Hi Dahlia 0811,

I haven't interview yet, just getting ready with all the possible questions.

Thank you so much for your advice.

I'll keep that on mind.

Good day and God Bless

Good luck to your interview! I worked in Middle East too. So I panicked because some said here in VJ that PC was needed, however some say no need. I was able to get one even if I wasn't there because my colleague helped me. I worked in a law firm so it was easier :). During the interview the Filipino CO asked me where I worked before and I told him in AUH for 7 years. And If I am not mistaken he mentioned about PC but it wasn't needed because they understand that we cannot obtain it if we are not physically present where we worked. I didn't even mentioned that I had one. :D

Keep us posted.

God Bless!

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone, just had my interview today and I am approve.I was so happy and excited. About the issue of my police clearance in Brunei, yes the CO ask me if I have it abide I handed to him, he didn't ask me any questions about my record in Brunei,they are just concern about providing what's being ask by your CO.

Thank you visa journey because you help me a lot.

Good luck to all the applicants, just remember if you really have a genuine relationship with your fiancee don't be nervous because it's gonna be a BIG YES answer for that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.