VOL

Donald Trump Next President?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So how would Donald respond if one of the candidates were to comment on his wife possibly being illegal? Probably wouldn't happen seeing as she's white. I hate to bring race into it but it does feel somewhat true.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So how would Donald respond if one of the candidates were to comment on his wife possibly being illegal? Probably wouldn't happen seeing as she's white. I hate to bring race into it but it does feel somewhat true.

What Trump said was "Bush has to like the Mexican Illegal because of his Wife" - He did not accuse her of being illegal, just of being sympathetic to them because of her heritage.. Stated in his usual non-PC rhetoric.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

He has struck a nerve talking about illegals - especially with the three incidents in the last week (two murders, one hit and run against a lady and her two children) involving people each with multiple deportations.

The problem is that if it *really* becomes the reason he is ahead every one of the other candidates (except Sanders) will just switch their view to his and state it in a less caustic manor and negate that advantage.

I hope to see Illegal Immigration to be a key focus point in the Presidential Election, Right now most of candidates are too scared to call a spade a spade, Illegal Immigration has to be dealt with sooner or later

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I hope to see Illegal Immigration to be a key focus point in the Presidential Election, Right now most of candidates are too scared to call a spade a spade, Illegal Immigration has to be dealt with sooner or later

I agree. I don't like what is being offered by either side, both are pandering and not looking for an actual solution. The #1 thing they should do is stop the hiring of illegals through severe punishments of those who hire them and neither side even considers it. They don't want to solve the problem.

There was a story on NPR this morning about a Nigerian that came here as a student and then dropped out and decided he wanted to be a cook. I am guessing he is a good cook since he was offered an opportunity on the other side of the country by a celebrity chef. He took the bus and was checked and found to have an expired Visa. He said he had not gotten around to getting back to school.. It has expired in 2007.. 2007! He was put in jail and then bailed out. His court date is in 2017..

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/07/07/411472179/chasing-food-dreams-across-u-s-nigerian-chef-tests-immigration-system

It can be heard here:

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=411472179&m=420769553

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Good combination : With his multiple bankruptcies the don can speak to a new golden era of fiscal responsibility and Cruz's experience as a Canadian anchor baby will help with fresh insight into the role of immigrants

:lol:

Marriage to a commie gives him insight in how to register, track, and watch every-dam-body

Edited by Expat1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A post has been removed because it contained non-family-friendly language. Posts quoting or referring to it have also been removed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).