Lian&David

General I-129F and G-325A Questions

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We are just completing the K-1 visa petition and I had some final questions on the forms. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1) I-129F

a) Currently I am leaving any question that does not apply empty. The instructions say to do that but I have seen examples where N/A or None is used extensively. Which is best?

b) Is it required to also attached each persons birth certificate and marriage certificate to the I-129F form along with the divorce decrees?

2) G-325A

a) Currently I am leaving any question that does not apply empty. The instructions are minimal at best but I have seen examples where N/A or None is used extensively. Which is best?

3) Supplements

a) The instructions say to include the petitioner's name, section and question at the top of each supplement. Then sign and date it. Does this apply to each and every page of the supplement? We have a total of 38 pages between the two divorce decrees.

b) If the answer is yes is it acceptable to print out a bunch of Avery stickers and attached to the top of each page? This could make it much quicker and readable. My handwriting has suffered after so many years of typing on a computer.

4) Proof of Meeting in the Past Two Years

a) Do receipts that are in a foreign language have to be translated? Some of my have dates but you cannot read what it is for. Or are they just looking for dates?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide. We are nearly completed and just reviewing for correctness.

Regards,

David

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We are just completing the K-1 visa petition and I had some final questions on the forms. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1) I-129F

a) Currently I am leaving any question that does not apply empty. The instructions say to do that but I have seen examples where N/A or None is used extensively. Which is best? Follow the official instructions.

b) Is it required to also attached each persons birth certificate and marriage certificate to the I-129F form along with the divorce decrees? Only the petitioner's documents are required at the petitioner's phase of the process. The beneficiary's time for document provision will come later on in the process. Follow the instructions, and read the Guides

2) G-325A

a) Currently I am leaving any question that does not apply empty. The instructions are minimal at best but I have seen examples where N/A or None is used extensively. Which is best? Be consistent (even if they aren't).

3) Supplements

a) The instructions say to include the petitioner's name, section and question at the top of each supplement. Then sign and date it. Does this apply to each and every page of the supplement? We have a total of 38 pages between the two divorce decrees. Use headers/footers option in word processing program, sign/date the pages.

b) If the answer is yes is it acceptable to print out a bunch of Avery stickers and attached to the top of each page? This could make it much quicker and readable. My handwriting has suffered after so many years of typing on a computer. You could try it, and see if it is accepted or rejected. Yep, penmanship is a lost art.

a) Do receipts that are in a foreign language have to be translated? Some of my have dates but you cannot read what it is for. Or are they just looking for dates? Read the pertinent section of the VJ K1 Guide

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide. We are nearly completed and just reviewing for correctness.

Regards,

David

Welcome to the forum.

:guides: easily accessible at the top of the forum page. In particular, the K1 Visa Guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the inputs.

1) I-129F

a) Currently I am leaving any question that does not apply empty. The instructions say to do that but I have seen examples where N/A or None is used extensively. Which is best?

b) Is it required to also attached each persons birth certificate and marriage certificate to the I-129F form along with the divorce decrees?

2) G-325A

a) Currently I am leaving any question that does not apply empty. The instructions are minimal at best but I have seen examples where N/A or None is used extensively. Which is best?

3) Supplements

a) The instructions say to include the petitioner's name, section and question at the top of each supplement. Then sign and date it. Does this apply to each and every page of the supplement? We have a total of 38 pages between the two divorce decrees.

b) If the answer is yes is it acceptable to print out a bunch of Avery stickers and attached to the top of each page? This could make it much quicker and readable. My handwriting has suffered after so many years of typing on a computer.

a) Do receipts that are in a foreign language have to be translated? Some of my have dates but you cannot read what it is for. Or are they just looking for dates?

Regards,

David

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You are welcome. I forgot to mention another good source of information on this site is the Example Forms section, also easily accessible at the top of the forum page: http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I did not apply for a K1...However, I never left anything blank. I always put n/a or none even though the instruction said to do so...no refe's or checklists.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

1) I-129F

2) G-325A

3) Supplements

Follow the Example Forms, link at the top of this page.

Regards,

David

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

1) I-129F

2) G-325A

3) Supplements

Regards,

David

Follow the instructions from USICS as noted on the forms and instructions sheet

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1) I-129F

2) G-325A

3) Supplements

Regards,

David

1a. For the I-129F, it an item is NONE or N/A, then leave it blank. This may look different from the example forms, but that is because the example forms are following older I-129F instructions which did not state to leave anything blank. The newer instructions in fact state that you should leave an item blank if it does not apply or the answer is none. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully because some questions do require an answer, even if the answer may not seem to apply to you.

1b. Only the petitioner needs to submit a copy of the birth certificate for proof of US citizenship. The beneficiary does not submit a birth certificate at this time. Marriage certificates are not needed, only copies of ALL divorce decrees between you two. The divorce decree should state the date the divorce is final, and have the judge's signature.

2a. You should answer all questions, and ones that are none or are N/A simply state so.

3a. Yes this would apply to each page of the supplement. A supplement is used for things that do not fit on the form. For example, a supplement for employment history on the G-325A. A divorce decree is not a supplement, it is a supporting document. Supporting documents are not labeled as a supplement.

3b. It is perfectly fine to attach a label sticker with the information. The whole purpose of labeling the top of your supplements with the question number is so that the adjudicator can quickly reference it.

4a. Receipts don't necessarily need translated. They are looking for the dates, but sometimes they also sometimes look for location. As long as the receipts can be clearly understood as to where you received it and when, you should be ok. If you are including other proof of meeting such as passport stamps and/or boarding passes then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.