nyokie

I NEED HELP PLEASE

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

My husband and I married,he is from Texas and live there. we have a 3 weeks old daughter. He is in the state, my daughter and I are overseas. We are not sure which one to apply for, but we want to get back to the state ASAP to be with my husband and to have our family back together again.

Also how long does the process to get a visa?? I was told once I get a visa I can enter the us or something like that instead waiting for the whole process.

Do you think if we get a lawyer will our process go a lot faster?

Does the visa takes about 6 weeks or is it 3-4 months?

Can anyone help us or what you suggest us to do?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi ! Welcome aboard !

In general, your husband should seek a spousal immigrant visa for you, and a derivative visa for your child (unless child can qualify as USCitizen).

We have a very extensive GUIDES section here - but best studied when logged in from a PC, as handphones absolutely are abysmal for doing real research here (and your questions remind me that you need to do some real research, in the Guides Section)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hi ! Welcome aboard !

In general, your husband should seek a spousal immigrant visa for you, and a derivative visa for your child (unless child can qualify as USCitizen).

We have a very extensive GUIDES section here - but best studied when logged in from a PC, as handphones absolutely are abysmal for doing real research here (and your questions remind me that you need to do some real research, in the Guides Section)

I hope this is the right place to reply back.

which spouse immigrant? I see there is 2 of them which is K3 and CR-1/IR-1 I think I am right.

Yes i notice it last night,it's different, I was using my phone the whole time util Idecided to use PC and I realize its not the same.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope this is the right place to reply back.

which spouse immigrant? I see there is 2 of them which is K3 and CR-1/IR-1 I think I am right.

Yes i notice it last night,it's different, I was using my phone the whole time util Idecided to use PC and I realize its not the same.

K3 is obsolete. Cr1 for being married less than 2 years. Ir1 for anything more than 2.

Timeline

you two can chase a K-3 visa, but there is 0.2 percent chance that you will have any K-3 interview at the IV Unit. Seek the CR-1 or IR-1 instead.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

More like about a year. No, you cannot enter and adjust on a tourist visa. That is immigration fraud.

Why does it take so long? Because they will to the whole process? I thought they will do the process to get the visa than enter the US and once you it mean you cant't travel until they complete the whole process. I can be wrong.

Timeline

K3 is obsolete. Cr1 for being married less than 2 years. Ir1 for anything more than 2.

I understand that part now. July, 20 2015 will make us 1 year since we married. So which mean we will have to apply for K3 right?

Timeline

you had a freudian slip there, to write 'K3' in a sentence, right?

Timeline

Why does it take so long? Because they will to the whole process? I thought they will do the process to get the visa than enter the US and once you it mean you cant't travel until they complete the whole process. I can be wrong.

what you've just described in an adjustment of status from a Tourist Visa, a B1/B2.

If one holds a K-3, it is a multiple entry visa, can leave usa same day, return often, for up to 2 years.

if one holds a CR-1, the visa foil morphs into a temporary green card at the port of entry, a clerk puts a stamp there, now is a temporary green card for 1 year usage, and can turn around same day, leave usa.

so, I ask you, whoever told you stuff, prior? You should get a 2 meter-length stick of heavy bamboo, beat those persons until bloodspray occurs. They've given you really bad advice.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

you two can chase a K-3 visa, but there is 0.2 percent chance that you will have any K-3 interview at the IV Unit. Seek the CR-1 or IR-1 instead.

Even though this month will make us a year it still mean we have to apply for CR-1 or IR-1?

If so which one is best to apply for CR-1 or IR-1?

We really want to do this right because we don't want to apply for the wrong thing, this is why we was like "should we get a lawyer". But seem like we can do this on our own.

Timeline

1. If so which one is best to apply for CR-1 or IR-1?

2. We really want to do this right because we don't want to apply for the wrong thing, this is why we was like "should we get a lawyer". But seem like we can do this on our own.

1. all forms are same. designation differs based on length of marriage, computed either from day 1 to interview day, or day 1 till port of entry day.

2. Please realize, you just got an account on a 'do-it-yourself' web portal focusing on immigration into the u.s.a. We've an extensive Guides Section here, vetted and current. Mostly, lawyers are highly-paid form-fillers, unless you have something exceptionally untoward that requires a lawyer writing up particular addendums to your casefile, citing INA, 9FAM and caselaw specifying WHY the I-130 must be approved, WHY the CR-1 must be granted.

HTH !

No I was thinking K3 is for people who married less than 2 years.

ok. length of marriage not matter when chasing a K-3.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Introducing our Members to Which Visa Do I Need Forum~

~Inqiury about family visa processes~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

No you cannot do that. It takes that long because a lot of people are waiting for visas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.