Optimistical

Questions about packet to send after paying IV and AOS fees

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've read the guide but I think it's very outdated. I believe the guide is out-dated since some of those forms no longer exist. Here is what the cover sheet from NVC says to include with my questions/comments for each item. If anyone sees anything I'm mis-understanding or doing wrong pls let me know.

First where do we send the packet to? What address? I may be missing it but I don't see it listed on the letters they sent. I just see this generic NVC address. Is this where we send it? No "attn: special department" or anything like that?

National Visa Center

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

Financial Docs:

1. Affidavit of Support. I filled out I-864EZ since it applies to me.

2. IRS Tax Transcript. Not including this since I'm sending tax return from Item 3 in the line below.

3. Federal Income Tax Returns. I am including 1 year (2014 tax year) since I-864EZ indicates I only need to send 1 year. I'm just sending the 2 pages of form 1040 not all of the other associated schedules etc. Seem ok?

4. Form W2. I guess I can send a copy of my main job W2 for 1 year only (2014)? That's where most of my income comes from and is plenty to show support.

5. Evidence of Income. I think I send nothing for this since I am sending my tax return and W2? Or do I send some recent pay stubs?

6. Proof of US Status. I'm sending copy of bio page of my passport and my birth cert. Sound ok?

7. Social Security Earnings Statement. I think this doesn't apply to me since I don't collect social security.

8. Proof of assets. Not needed since my job alone shows enough income to meet the support guidelines - right? So I'm including nothing.

Supporting Documents:

1. Adoption Document. N/A

2. Birth certificates. I guess birth cert for me and for my wife?

3. Court and Prison records. N/A

4. Marriage certificate.

5. Marriage termination documents.

6. Military records. N/A

7. Petitioner documents. What the heck is this? What documents?

8. Photocopy of valid passport. My wife's (foreign country passport) not my (US passport) right? I think only biographic pages for her are needed incl expiration date.

9. Photographs. What to include here? Just a few photos of us together?

10. Police Certificate. I guess this would be my wife's RP NBI Clearance document?

11. Translations. N/A

12. Photocopies. Of what?

Other documents:

Nothing listed here - what to include?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi,

I've read the guide but I think it's very outdated. I believe the guide is out-dated since some of those forms no longer exist. Here is what the cover sheet from NVC says to include with my questions/comments for each item. If anyone sees anything I'm mis-understanding or doing wrong pls let me know.

First where do we send the packet to? What address? I may be missing it but I don't see it listed on the letters they sent. I just see this generic NVC address. Is this where we send it? No "attn: special department" or anything like that?

National Visa Center

31 Rochester Ave. Suite 200

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

Financial Docs:

1. Affidavit of Support. I filled out I-864EZ since it applies to me.

2. IRS Tax Transcript. Not including this since I'm sending tax return from Item 3 in the line below.

3. Federal Income Tax Returns. I am including 1 year (2014 tax year) since I-864EZ indicates I only need to send 1 year. I'm just sending the 2 pages of form 1040 not all of the other associated schedules etc. Seem ok?

4. Form W2. I guess I can send a copy of my main job W2 for 1 year only (2014)? That's where most of my income comes from and is plenty to show support.

5. Evidence of Income. I think I send nothing for this since I am sending my tax return and W2? Or do I send some recent pay stubs?

6. Proof of US Status. I'm sending copy of bio page of my passport and my birth cert. Sound ok?

7. Social Security Earnings Statement. I think this doesn't apply to me since I don't collect social security.

8. Proof of assets. Not needed since my job alone shows enough income to meet the support guidelines - right? So I'm including nothing.

Supporting Documents:

1. Adoption Document. N/A

2. Birth certificates. I guess birth cert for me and for my wife?

3. Court and Prison records. N/A

4. Marriage certificate.

5. Marriage termination documents.

6. Military records. N/A

7. Petitioner documents. What the heck is this? What documents?

8. Photocopy of valid passport. My wife's (foreign country passport) not my (US passport) right? I think only biographic pages for her are needed incl expiration date.

9. Photographs. What to include here? Just a few photos of us together?

10. Police Certificate. I guess this would be my wife's RP NBI Clearance document?

11. Translations. N/A

12. Photocopies. Of what?

Other documents:

Nothing listed here - what to include?

I'm just going to touch on the main things, you are sending returns so therefor you have to send schedules and everything at all don't just send 2 pages they'll checklist you for it, send it complete with all pages and everything .

For evidence of income you need either pay stubs over a period of time and/or a letter of employment something is needed though .

If you are the sponsor you don't need to prove your U.S. Status this is for people you use if you have a co sponsor/household member .

The proof of assets and social security does not apply to you if neither you are using .

ALL OF THE SUPPOSRTUNG DOCUMENTS ARE ONLY FOR YOUR SPOUSE THE IMMIGRANT .

So only your spouses birth certificate is needed, not yours .

Petitioner documents do not apply to you they are for people petitioning parents or siblings so ignore .

Your wife's bio data page of her passport only .

No, photos mean 2 passport photos of your wife .

Police clearances, for the country your wife lives in and any country she has ever lived in for more than a year also .

Photocopies simple mean you can use photocopies they don't have to be the original of the documents .

Other documents would be anything you include that isn't already on that list, so in most cases it is nothing .

Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Thanks Morgana,

This really helps. I don't have a letter of employment and I think that would take awhile to get. I can print off lots of W-2's. Do you think it'd be fine to print off maybe 3 months of W-2's and send that? Does anyone else know?

Thanks

Also if you e-file taxes I guess you won't have "signed" copies of taxes so just print out the return and send an unsigned copy?

And there is one more item listed that I forgot to include:

"proof of relationship" - is this just maybe 10 photos of us together over the last couple years?

Edited by Optimistical

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Also if you e-file taxes I guess you won't have "signed" copies of taxes so just print out the return and send an unsigned copy?

And there is one more item listed that I forgot to include:

"proof of relationship" - is this just maybe 10 photos of us together over the last couple years?

I didn't have signed copies either e filed also, and proof of relationship does not mean you and your wife, if you happen to use a household members income to combine with yours you would have to prove the relationship between you and that household member that is what that is referencing to .

One more question - is the address I pasted the correct address? It was at the bottom of page 1 of the 3 pages they sent me. Page 2 was the coversheet. That's the only address they sent. Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.