jwyn3150

Tax return question (didn't file)

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello fellow K1 visa...ers. I hope you're getting closer and closer to your goals, we are!

I do have one question though. For the interview phase of the process, I should provide 4 docs, employement, bank statement, I-134 and tax return...but I didn't work in 2014 because I wasn't in the country, I was still traveling!

Basically what I'm asking is, what can I provide to replace my tax returns?

Thanks!

July 2013 - Met in Budapest

July 2014 - Got engaged

K1 Visa - 2015

April 10, sent in I129f

April 15, NOA1

May 27, NOA2

Approved!

August 5th , POE NYC

September 4th, Married! :dancing:

AOS - 2015/2016

October 6th, filed AOS!

January 2nd, EAD and AP Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you have assets? cash in bank? monies in stock trading account?

study the assets stuff in the I-864, if you have assets totalling 60,000 usd or more.

if you choose to use assets, the Vice-Consul will use the assets rules in the I-864 when evaluating your I-134.

Alternatively, you can submit a 2nd I-134 from a joint or co-sponsor.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

you have assets? cash in bank? monies in stock trading account?

study the assets stuff in the I-864, if you have assets totalling 60,000 usd or more.

if you choose to use assets, the Vice-Consul will use the assets rules in the I-864 when evaluating your I-134.

Alternatively, you can submit a 2nd I-134 from a joint or co-sponsor.

I don't have cash assets but I am employed and make many times the required amount to show proof of support. I have no issues with the other 3 docs they require, just with the tax return from last year. I literally made 0 income last year.

July 2014 - Got engaged

K1 Visa - 2015

April 10, sent in I129f

April 15, NOA1

May 27, NOA2

Approved!

August 5th , POE NYC

AOS - 2015/2016

October 6th, filed AOS!

Timeline

sorry, they will look at prior tax year (2014, filed in 2015) plus current annual income.

I suggest a joint-sponsor, remind anyone that helps you that the I-134 is not a legally binding document for them. and it expires 90 days after POE.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

----

another option, if no co-sponsor,

is to delay the interview until you have tax data for 2014, for a future date in 2015.

the IV Unit will extend the duration of the validity (validity of the duration?) on the I-129-F approval notice if you contact them and ask them to.

Timeline

So because I didn't work last year...even though I'm working now I still need a sponsor? Even if I make 5x the require amount to sponsor someone? :wow:

While it makes no sense to me, and very annoying, I guess I will just have to get a co-sponsor.

Thanks for the reply!

July 2014 - Got engaged

K1 Visa - 2015

April 10, sent in I129f

April 15, NOA1

May 27, NOA2

Approved!

August 5th , POE NYC

AOS - 2015/2016

October 6th, filed AOS!

Timeline

ya, sorry, it is what it is.

prior year must be 125 percent over the thresh-hold, current year must be 125 percent over the thresh-hold.

Timeline

prior year must be 125 percent over the thresh-hold, current year must be 125 percent over the thresh-hold.

They really don't make it easy for us lol.

Thanks for all the information!

July 2014 - Got engaged

K1 Visa - 2015

April 10, sent in I129f

April 15, NOA1

May 27, NOA2

Approved!

August 5th , POE NYC

AOS - 2015/2016

October 6th, filed AOS!

Timeline

hey - if it was easy, china would be empty. and most parts of Africa.

Timeline

So my fiancee wanted to come as soon as possible and went ahead and submited the DS-160 form with only me as a sponsor...is there any way to change that or are we screwed?

Can she show up to interview with my I-134 and the I-134 of the cosponsor and ask them if they'll accept both?

Edited by jwynns

July 2014 - Got engaged

K1 Visa - 2015

April 10, sent in I129f

April 15, NOA1

May 27, NOA2

Approved!

August 5th , POE NYC

AOS - 2015/2016

October 6th, filed AOS!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

How long have you been working? Can you provide pay stubs for the entire time? I think if you can provide a good reason for not having made money last year, and can also show documentation of your earnings for 2015 plus a letter from your employer stating that your job will continue indefinitely at the current or better salary, you should still be ok.

I would try the above, but in the mean time try line up a cosponsor to present at the interview if needed.

Timeline

Can she show up to interview with my I-134 and the I-134 of the cosponsor and ask them if they'll accept both?

Since it's allowed to show a co-sponsor, why would she seek permission?

Timeline

Since it's allowed to show a co-sponsor, why would she seek permission?

We're just making sure because we put only me as the sponsor on the DS160. She did the form herself...whch may have been the issue lol.

July 2014 - Got engaged

K1 Visa - 2015

April 10, sent in I129f

April 15, NOA1

May 27, NOA2

Approved!

August 5th , POE NYC

AOS - 2015/2016

October 6th, filed AOS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We're just making sure because we put only me as the sponsor on the DS160. She did the form herself...whch may have been the issue lol.

You can redo the form online and take it to the interview. Just give them your updated 160 and tell them there was an error in the other one.

Timeline

maybe i'm dense, but

I-134 financial sponsors or sponsors,

is not the same as the sponsor on the DS-160 [is different meanings between the 2 forms, even same word used]

and

the DS-160 is a multipurpose form.

Edited by Darnell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.