JasminU

Medical in Kingston Jamaica

19 posts in this topic

Hello,

My fiance had his medical yesterday at Andrew Memorial in Kingston and on the documentation I noted that he was a smoker of ganga and cigarettes in the past. (I read on VJ not to lie about that on the paperwork) Besides the fact that we had to pay all of this money yesterday for vaccinations etc etc he now has to go see a psychologist on Monday. His interview is july 17th and they stated that the medical paperwork will not be ready by then but he should still attend the interview. Has anyone else experienced this issue because of being a smoker in the past? What was the outcome as far as getting the visa? Thanks for your help in advance.

Filed: Timeline

Yes he should go to the interview they will send the medical over or contact him for pick up.

You are correct in being honest, what usually happens is for some admitting to smoking weed

they see the psych ,is put on pause for almost a yr during which they are tested (not necessarily

in that order) All cases may seem the same but differs depending on answers & timing. At

this point the most could happen is the yr ban which would have him request an interview

date about May/June 2016....If he has no weed in his test, who knows he may just get lucky .

I should have lied if that is the case because if he stopped smoking way before the medical and his system is clear they wouldn't have known... I just pray this thing doesn't get put on hold for a year. I guess the next thing we need to worry about now is meeting with the psychologist on Monday since maybe he is the one who will decide. If the drug test is fine and he passes the exam with the pyschologist then we should be ok

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You did the right thing being honest. Another Vj only received a 6 month ban. Be sure to stay in contact with the embassy because when they lifted the ban they didn't even tell her. They didn't even tell me they didn't get my fiance medical. I just happened to contact them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Going to see a psychologist is something new for past drug use. Did he answer yes to some other questions as to why he needs an eval? The MD can look at him and tell he smokes, so its a waste of time to lie. Signs of use show up in the physical. Worst case scenario is a one year ban with follow-up.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

No he only answered to yes to smoking weed in the past... I was browsing around vj and I seen other ppl say they had to go thru the pyschologist as well and they didnt get the ban. I guess it depends on your situation. Everybody's is different I know but once you answer yes to that question you have to see the pyschologist who I assume gives the final opinion about the ban.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Typically in JA the ban is one year from the date of last use - Which would explain why some people got 6 months - When did he tell the doctor he stopped using it? Make sure he responds the same way to the psychologist and hope for the best.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

I just wanted to provide an update about the appointment with the psychologist and honestly I didn't have a good feeling but I have been praying on it since monday and i feel a little better. I was allowed to be in the room while he got questioned. The doctor asked about his background, schooling, mother father etc. ask questions relating to violence which he has no history of and then asked the drug questions such as when did he start why did he start when was the last time has he ever tried any other drug etc etc. He then explained how the process would work once he received the information from the medical examination. He stated that he goes down a checklist of about 5 pages and makes a recommendation based off of our meeting and the drug test results (i'm praying they are negative) and then sends it back over to the medical department then we pick it up and get it to the embassy. I'm going to pray on it and let go and let God. I say maybe by the end of July we should know for sure what the outcome is. (the psychologist is simply trying to figure out if he is dependent upon the weed and this assumption is formed from whatever story you tell them)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just wanted to provide an update about the appointment with the psychologist and honestly I didn't have a good feeling but I have been praying on it since monday and i feel a little better. I was allowed to be in the room while he got questioned. The doctor asked about his background, schooling, mother father etc. ask questions relating to violence which he has no history of and then asked the drug questions such as when did he start why did he start when was the last time has he ever tried any other drug etc etc. He then explained how the process would work once he received the information from the medical examination. He stated that he goes down a checklist of about 5 pages and makes a recommendation based off of our meeting and the drug test results (i'm praying they are negative) and then sends it back over to the medical department then we pick it up and get it to the embassy. I'm going to pray on it and let go and let God. I say maybe by the end of July we should know for sure what the outcome is. (the psychologist is simply trying to figure out if he is dependent upon the weed and this assumption is formed from whatever story you tell them)

Best of wishes to you guys. I can only imagine how you're feeling right now but just know God is in control!

Ashley

K - 1 Fiance Visa Process (I-129F Petition)

(L) Engaged (L) - March 22, 2015

K-1 Petition Sent (via USPS) - April 10, 2015

K-1 Petition Received - April 15, 2015

NOA1 (Email & Text) - April 16, 2015

NOA2 (Email, Text & App Notification) - May 22, 2015 (37 LONG Days from NOA1) :dance:

NOA2 (Official I-797 via Mail) - May 29, 2015

NVC Received (Phone Verification) - June 10, 2015

NVC Issued Case Number (Phone Verification) - June 11, 2015

Left NVC (Phone Verification) - June 15, 2015

Consulate Received (CEAC Website) - June 16, 2015

Emailed for Packet 3 - June 16, 2015 (US Immigration Computer Glitch Era: 6/9-6/23)

Emailed for Packet 3 - June 23, 2015 (2nd Attempt)

Received Packet 3 (via Email) - June 24, 2015

Scheduled Interview & Medical - June 24, 2015

Medical Appointment - July 3, 2015 (Medical Paperwork Picked-up 7/15/15)

Consulate Interview - July 17, 2015 (Approved) :dancing:

CEAC Web Status Update: "Ready" Case Created Date: Case Updated 7/20/2015 (Non-Immigrant Visa Application)
CEAC Web Status Update: "Administrative Processing" Case Updated 7/22/2015
CEAC Web Status Update: "Issued" Case Updated 7/24/2015 :dancing:

Department of State email stating Visa documents are at DHL Kingston ready for pickup - July 28, 2015 @ 5:45PM

Documents Transferred to Montego Bay, Jamaica for pickup w/DHL - July 29, 2015 (Called DHL Kingston to make request; Will be available 7/30/15)

Visa in Hand at DHL Montego Bay - July 30, 2015 @ 1:30PM :dance:

US Entry (IAH - Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport) - August 8, 2015

Court House Marriage - September 1, 2015

Applied for Social Security Card (In-Person in Houston about an hour wait) - September 1, 2015 (No Issues)

Adjustment of Status Process (I-485, I-131, I-765)

Sent I-485, I-765, I-131 (via USPS) - October 1, 2015

Applications Received - October 5, 2015

NOA1 (Email & Text) - October 8, 2015

NOA1 (Hard Copy) - October 13, 2015

Biometrics Appointment Letter Received - October 19, 2015

Biometrics Appointment - October 30, 2015

Wedding Ceremony - October 31, 2015

Service Request - December 28, 2015 (Called USCIS to check status of I-765 (Work Permit), representative put in Request for update since we were approaching 90 days)

New Card Is Being Produced (Text & Website) - December 30, 2015 (Status Update for Green Card (I-485) Case) :dancing:

Case Was Approved (Text & Website) - December 31, 2015 (I-485 Case)

Card Was Mailed (Text & Website) - January 5, 2016 (I-485 Case)

Green Card Received (USPS) - January 8, 2016 :dancing: :idea: :dancing: :no: :thumbs: :yes: :dance: :jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.