blesskaye

Naturalization processing Chicago CIS Office

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The office seems to be running behind schedule.Can someone share how long it took them to get an interview? I submitted the N400 application in March, did the biometrics in April but is not in line for an interview yet.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would be best served by looking at the monthly naturalization threads. That said, Chicago does seem rather slow based on what I saw in my review. Either that, or persons who initially joined the threads from Chicago, are no longer updating their status here.

Patience is your friend.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

• 2 weeks later...

Chicago office is not so much running behind, but perhaps slow-er as compared to others. I have been watching the April filers thread (where I am logged in as well), and checking USCIS Chicago DO times, and they changed to 5 months last month, so I'm thinking they were behind schedule but are now starting to catch up to keep the total time within 5 months on average.

My priority date is April 15, bio done on May 12th, and still no updates since then either. No in-line, nothing.

Patience is best at this point. If it starts to go beyond September and there has been no interview scheduled then I would think to do an infopass because it would be beyond the 5 month time frame for me.

Please update this thread if you get your interview, it will help the rest of us chicagoans gauge progress. (One other person from April filers thread from Chicago just got the interview letter for an interview on Aug 20th). So we might be coming up next.

Edited by neoes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Chicago office is not so much running behind, but perhaps slow-er as compared to others. I have been watching the April filers thread (where I am logged in as well), and checking USCIS Chicago DO times, and they changed to 5 months last month, so I'm thinking they were behind schedule but are now starting to catch up to keep the total time within 5 months on average.

My priority date is April 15, bio done on May 12th, and still no updates since then either. No in-line, nothing.

Patience is best at this point. If it starts to go beyond September and there has been no interview scheduled then I would think to do an infopass because it would be beyond the 5 month time frame for me.

Please update this thread if you get your interview, it will help the rest of us chicagoans gauge progress. (One other person from April filers thread from Chicago just got the interview letter for an interview on Aug 20th). So we might be coming up next.

I haven't heard anything, no inline, no appointment letter, nothing. I am in my 4th month so if I don't hear anything from them by mid August, then I will make an infopass. I am being very patient.

Did you apply on the 3 year or 5 year rule?

Edited by blesskaye

My Notice of action is 06/20 and FP 7/6 no inline nothing. I'm thinking info pass ;)

Chicago did catch up with the back log as it says 5 months, when I filed in June it was saying OCT/NOV 2014. So timings might be right for us middle of the year fillers.

All the best to all Chicagoans. Lets keep this thread going.

I haven't heard anything, no inline, no appointment letter, nothing. I am in my 4th month so if I don't hear anything from them by mid August, then I will make an infopass. I am being very patient.

Did you apply on the 3 year or 5 year rule?

Under the 5 year rule, as an individual. Not marriage based.

Just thought I'd update. I called the 800 hotline to get an update. I was able to get transferred to Tier 2 immigration officer. The officer checked my case, and processing times and said that the office is currently processing cases from January 2015. So there's a little more wait involved, but the next update should be interview stage.

I hope this helps. Definitely gives some sort of an idea on the timeline.

Just thought I'd update. I called the 800 hotline to get an update. I was able to get transferred to Tier 2 immigration officer. The officer checked my case, and processing times and said that the office is currently processing cases from January 2015. So there's a little more wait involved, but the next update should be interview stage.

I hope this helps. Definitely gives some sort of an idea on the timeline.

Don't take their word too seriously. Chicago online processing time says 5 months. There are people who filed in June 2015 are inline for the interview so It's USCIS you need to be some physic or magician to understand how they operate.

Don't take their word too seriously. Chicago online processing time says 5 months. There are people who filed in June 2015 are inline for the interview so It's USCIS you need to be some physic or magician to understand how they operate.

Thanks GOLFER. It did concern me a little because as I said earlier, I know at least one person who filed in April, and got notified of interview already. So, can't be the office processing applications. Maybe stuck in security checks?

I already had an InfoPass scheduled for August 5th before calling them today. Should I keep the appointment and go in person? Maybe I'll get more information. I really just wanna know if the security checks are cleared, and what the hold up might be. Although I'm worrying pre-maturely, but don't want to end up in an endless loop of waiting past the normal average.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.