jbed81

How is the appointment made for the k-1 interview - Hungary [edited title]

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Does the packet 3 or first contact from the beneficiary embassy come with an appointment scheduled on it or do you do a list of things it says then make an appointment? I have my fiance here in USA now on an ESTA and we got notice online that we were approved and NOA2 to come soon after. She is sched back in HU on Aug 12. We got the electronic notice (NOA2) on June 30.

I ask this because we dont know if we need to move up the ticket a few weeks so she can be home ready for the package to arrive (because an appointment will be already made), or just go home as scheduled and take care of it when she gets there (because she will make the appointment when she is ready)????? I cant find a single piece of info on this (especially for Hungary). So, a collective answer from anyone willing to answer would be great!! Thanks -- J

I am working with Budapest, but moderator please dont move this to Hungary region forum again. I would like to hear from anyone for a collective answer. I have this in other wording that you moved to Hungary region forum and its gone unanswered for at least a week, and moving tickets now is cheaper than even 1 week from now. Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Probably moved to the regional forum because it depends on the country. For example, in Frankfurt you send things to the consulate before you can make an appointment, and in the Philippines you take your things to the interview.

Therefore, a collective answer might be useless.

Edited by D.Ba

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Does the packet 3 or first contact from the beneficiary embassy come with an appointment scheduled on it or do you do a list of things it says then make an appointment? I have my fiance here in USA now on an ESTA and we got notice online that we were approved and NOA2 to come soon after. She is sched back in HU on Aug 12. We got the electronic notice (NOA2) on June 30.

I ask this because we dont know if we need to move up the ticket a few weeks so she can be home ready for the package to arrive (because an appointment will be already made), or just go home as scheduled and take care of it when she gets there (because she will make the appointment when she is ready)????? I cant find a single piece of info on this (especially for Hungary). So, a collective answer from anyone willing to answer would be great!! Thanks -- J

I am working with Budapest, but moderator please dont move this to Hungary region forum again. I would like to hear from anyone for a collective answer. I have this in other wording that you moved to Hungary region forum and its gone unanswered for at least a week, and moving tickets now is cheaper than even 1 week from now. Thank you.

You can relaxe 4 -5 weeks with your fiance(e) in the US. No problem, because your case is gone take some weeks after NOA 2 approved!

Your case is going to forward to NVC and it will take about 3-4 weeks to complete your case at NVC. After that the NVC will forwards to your fiance(e) Embassy then the Embassy will send to you the packet 3 to the e-mail that you gave when you file i-129 form remember to monitor your e-mail every day after your case is completed at NVC and make sure to forward all info to your fiance(e) . If you don't get any email from your Embassy within two weeks. You may need to contact your embassy as soon as possible.

You can learn more at this website;- http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

//

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

From June 30 you have 4 months to have a interview completed. If you need a extra 4 months extension of time to get everything finished you have to request that thru your embassy. I read this on the Moroccan consulate website. I have to go back and find that again. I am sure you can download the packet 3 from each embassy website and have everything ready then schedule a interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread title edited to indicate Hungary; thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum, where it definitely belongs if the regional forum isn't suitable. ***

[Moderator hat off]

OP, have you seen this page --

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Hungary&cty=Budapest

-- for the embassy's e-mail address? The note says that they're responsive.

Have you sent PMs to recently active VJ members who have dealt with Budapest? That's another option.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

From everything I gather, in order to make an appointment you need to do a DS-160 on the website, then pay a fee, then an appointment will be arranged from that. Now I have seen differences from country to country as to whether or not you must interact with the embassy first. Meaning whether or not they want something back from you as indicated in packet 3 to mail directly to them prior to submitting or perhaps at the same time as submitting the DS-160. Sound accurate to anyone?

In other words I don't thing from my research that there is any case where they just make an appointment for you, because it is dependent on having filed an application (DS-160) for the visa, and having paid a processing fee. Therefore, she could hang out here for another 2 months and as long as she could get her medical appt, and criminal record stuff quickly then she would make the 4 month cut off.

With that said, does anyone think that we could do her medical evaluation here in America at an approved physician? Transportation wise it would be easier than getting her to Budapest. Price wise, well thats another story there.

Timeline

Check the website for National Visa Center applying for a visa it has all the steps online. depends on the first three letters of your National Visa Center ID if you would mail anything requested or by email or either or choice you have to look at that website it tells you a lot more information that I've ever seen on here about applying for an immigrant visa I believe it's on the Department of State applying for a Immigrant visa website

Timeline

The only thing I could say to that you can call the consulate for her country here in United States and stay with this work if I have a physical done here By a panel approved Physician on the appropriate documents forms with approved listed vaccinations would you accept that for a k1 visa or I 130 visa whatever you're trying to apply for

Timeline

A medical done by a panel physician with the appropriate vaccinations is good for one year so wherever you have it done you're going to need it when you come back to the United States anyway with all the required vaccinations documented when you put in for adjustment of status you have to have all your medical documentation and vaccinations here also for submitting for a green card

WEREVER it's done it has to be sealed it can't be opened and it has to be given right to a consulate official They are the only one who can open a medical done by a panel physician

Timeline

Immigrant Visa applicants will need to have a medical examination completed by one of the designated panel physicians. You must use one of the panel physicians. We will not accept medical reports from any other doctors.

The medical examination will include a physical and mental health exam, chest x-ray, blood tests, and administration of any necessary vaccinations. The medical examination should be completed one week prior to the interview to ensure that the results are ready in time for the interview.

Immigrant Visa applicants will need to have a medical examination completed by one of the designated panel physicians. You must use one of the panel physicians. We will not accept medical reports from any other doctors.

The medical examination will include a physical and mental health exam, chest x-ray, blood tests, and administration of any necessary vaccinations. The medical examination should be completed one week prior to the interview to ensure that the results are ready in time for the interview.

Timeline

Immigrant Visa Applicants Concerning Vaccination Requirements

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations of immigrant visa applicants are required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the vaccination requirements, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

Hepatitis AHepatitis BInfluenzaInfluenza type b (Hib)MeaslesMeningococcalMumpsPneumococcalPertussisPolioRotavirusRubellaTetanus and diphtheria toxoidsVaricella

In order to assist the panel physican, and to avoid delays in the processing of an immigrant visa, all immigrant visa applicants should have their vaccination records available for the panel physician's review at the time of the immigrant medical examination. Visa applicants should consult with their regular health care provider to obtain a copy of their immunization record, if one is available. If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement. Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician.

Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition. For more detailed information, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Panel Physician Technical Instructions for Vaccination

Timeline

Fiancé(e) Visas

To establish eligibility for an alien fiancé visa, a U.S. citizen must file Form I-129F, Petition for an Alien Fiancé, with the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Service Center having jurisdiction over the place of the petitioner's residence in the United States. The approved petition will be forwarded by the Department of Homeland Security's United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) to the U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca, where the fiancé will apply for his or her visa. Approval of the petition does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. Applicants will be interviewed and asked about their relationship by a consular officer.

Petitioners and applicants should note that a petition is valid for a period of four months from the date of USCIS action but may be revalidated by the consular officer.

If you wish to withdraw the petition before a K-1 visa is actually issued, you should make a written request to the U.S. Consulate General and USCIS.

Once the visa is issued, your fiancé must enter the U.S. within six months. After entering the U.S., you and your fiancé must marry within three months and report the marriage to the nearest CIS office in order to obtain permanent/conditional resident status for your new spouse.

If you decide not to marry, your fiancé must depart the U.S. within the three-month period.

Please note that once a K visa petition is approved by USCIS, the file will be sent to the U.S. Consulate in Casablanca and we will contact the beneficiary of the petition directly to schedule an interview date.

Documents Required for the Visa Interview

Birth certificatePolice certificate (fiche anthropometrique) and English translationCourt record (casier judiciare) and English translationSinglehood certificate and English translationOriginal marriage certificate plus a copy and English translation if applicableOriginal divorce certificate plus a copy and English translation if applicableDeath certificate and English translation if applicableMedical record from one of our panel physicians2 photos (5cm x 5cm) white background$240 paid in cash at the Consulate, in either U.S. Dollars or the equivalent in Moroccan Dirhams. I-134 Affidavit of Support form (with petitioner's original signature) along with a copy of the petitioner's most recent tax returnPlease note that the petitioner must fill out the I-134 form even if he or she thinks that their income does not meet the Poverty Income GuidelinesThe beneficiary of the K petition must also fill out theDS-160

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.