jyaku

George Takei: Justice Thomas 'a clown in blackface'

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

From: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...n-in-blackface

Dissenting in the 5-4 Supreme Court same-sex marriage case, Thomas, an African-American, reflected on the origins of human dignity within society, invoking the belief that humans have God-given "inherent worth."

"That vision is the foundation upon which this Nation was built. The corollary of that principle is that human dignity cannot be taken away by the government. Slaves did not lose their dignity (any more than they lost their humanity) because the government allowed them to be enslaved," Thomas wrote.

"Those held in internment camps did not lose their dignity because the government confined them," Thomas wrote. "And those denied governmental benefits certainly do not lose their dignity because the government denies them those benefits. The government cannot bestow dignity, and it cannot take it away."

Takei responded to Thomas' remarks in the case, Obergefell v. Hodges, reflecting in an MSNBC op-ed on his time in a Japanese-American internment camp as a young boy.

"I was only a child when soldiers with bayonetted rifles marched up our driveway in Los Angeles, banged on our door, and ordered us out," Takei wrote.

"I remember my mothers’ tears as we gathered what little we could carry, and then were sent to live for many weeks in a single cramped horse stall at the Santa Anita racetracks."

Takei reflected on his family's assets being frozen and their family being shipped by railcar a few months later to Arkansas where they "slept inside bug-infested barracks, ate in a noisy mess hall, and relieved ourselves in common latrines that had no walls between the stalls."

"To say that the government does not bestow or grant dignity does not mean it cannot succeed in stripping it away through the imposition of unequal laws and deprivation of due process. At the very least, the government must treat all its subjects with equal human dignity," he wrote.

In the Fox 10 interview, Takei also mentioned rape scenes from the movie "12 Years a Slave."

"And he says they had dignity as slaves?" Takei asked.

"My parents lost everything that they worked for in the middle of their lives in their thirties. My father's business, our home, our freedom. And we're supposed to call that dignified?" Takei continued.

"This man does not belong on the Supreme Court. He is an embarrasment. He is a disgrace to America."

"He is a clown in blackface sitting on the Supreme Court. He gets me that angry," the former "Star Trek" star said in an interview with Fox 10 this week in Phoenix, standing alongside his longtime partner and husband.

"For him to say slaves had dignity ... I mean, doesn't he know slaves were chained? That they were whipped on the back?" Takei asked..

Woah! Warp 10 from Mr. Sulu! Pretty scathing and 100% dead on. George pulled no punches at all. My head is spinning from the enlightenment he offered.

But it's amazing how eloquently and intelligently he speaks from his own experience. Thomas is just a sack of guano. He has no clue what he's talking about and he's a sitting SCOTUS judge.. if there's anyone that should be impeached/ removed from the SCOTUS it's Thomas.

Discuss!

Edited by jyaku

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thomas can suck it... and keep him away from sheeps and coke cans, please.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

So he is not really black? Is that what he means? Or is his anger causing these stupid ramblings?

points to ponder:

1. during his confirmation hearings, many of his 'detractors' complained that he 'acted white' during his working time, prior.

2. many black activists and leaders have commented over the last 20 years that the mere fact he married a white woman and rarely did anything in the black community were two huge indicators that he was 'acting white'.

no, i'm not going to dig out the news citations about it. It was a big deal, during the day - for a black man to be labeled as 'acting white' .

so, I understand Mr. Takei's spew here. In Toto.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

sorry, can you do a bit of searching on this? it really does exist in internet news archives.

Lefties become unhinged when it comes to black conservatives.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Lefties become unhinged when it comes to black conservatives.

It's got nothing to do with conservatives or liberals or lefties.

Using reference of japanese internment as a pro rather than a con is what makes all the difference. I suppose you would feel differently if you were in one.

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018