Jump to content

Need help! Immmigrant visa category misprint F22 instead of F2B, what should I do? Is it serious or not big deal?

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, everyone! I finally got my Visa Today but I noticed that my Visa category appears different on the passport visa. I am F2B "Unmarried son/daughter of permanent resident" but in the Visa appears F22 "Child of permanent resident", I am in my 40's and F22 means child under 21 of permanent resident, everything else is correct, the biographical data, alien number, case number, etc.

My question is, what should I do? is it a bad misprint that needs adjustment? or it is not that serious to bother when I travel to the US?

I am planning to travel in 15 days, my father told me not to bother because it is a minor typo and all my names and biographical data are correct. Does anyone here know what to do in these cases? thanks in advance.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.