37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello Maharosa, I am also waiting.....to Get back passport. Anxious. Can't believe we are so close. I hope you get good news. I wish everyone good news. your day will come, just pray and be patient. Blessings for everyone.

Edited by BRosa

Checklist no. #2 : 2/3/2015
Scan date #2: 2/5/2015
Case Complete: 4/14/2015 FINALLY super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

Interview: 5/12/2015

RESULT: Approved (finally on 2/10/2016 after 8 months in AP)

Visa in Hand: ?
POE: ?

I'm in the same boat as you give or take a few days. It is literally stunning that they approve you a visa and then you have to wait weeks to receive it.

It has been 5 months since my CC at the NVC when I thought all the pain was over. But no, it's continued and unsurprising incompetence by US government systems.

What annoys me most is that people with their interview the day before me received their visas within 8-9 days. For me now it has been 12 days and CEAC still says bloody 'ready' as if I haven't had my damn interview.

I think you should contact them because that's not normal. My case went to Administrative Processing literally as soon as I left the embassy and was Issued the next day. If it's been 12 days and they haven't even put the fact your interview happened into their system then someone has messed up somewhere.

Unfortunately the only way you can contact them is by email :/ http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

Make sure you include all your information or they won't respond to you.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

OMG I have to rant about NVC now, I hate the incompetent people working there..... :ranting: I mean seriously, end of June, they gave us a checklist saying I hadn't filled in the DS-260, even though I did that and it has shown complete on the CEAC website since end of April. So for two months they missed that my DS-260 was ready for review?!?!?! :ranting: Not to mention that we got a checklist for a super small item on the i-864, for which we had spoken to two different NVC customer service people about before sending it and filled out exactly how both of them confirmed it to us. And when I called NVC yet again to ask how they want us to fill this item out, to prevent another checklist, I was told by a third person at NVC that we have filled it in right and she doesn't understand why we got a checklist for it.... :ranting: Now both our checklists are for supervisor review and we wait and wait and wait.... I'm gonna go crazy on these bloody people if we waited this long and they give us yet another checklist....

If we had known NVC was this retarded and bloody ####### about every little crappy detail, we would have definitely gone for the K-1 visa. I know it's not good to hate but God, I really hate NVC.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear that! I don't know how you are holding it together! We are on day 3 of AP after spending 31 days stuck in ready for interview despite my husband having his interview and being approved on June 10th, and I am going absolutely crazy!

paper-work-smiley-emoticon.gif

:clock: 400th day in AP :clock:

picgifs-deal-with-it-7754132.gif

kiss.gifStill IN LOVE!kiss.gif

USCIS

10/11/2014 – Mailed I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox
10/14/2014 – I-130 packet signed for
10/15/2014 – Priority date assigned
10/19/2014 – Acceptance confirmation email received
10/20/2014 – Check cashed
10/24/2014 – Received I-797C (NOA1)
10/27/2014 – Faxed the USCIS expedite packet to the Senator's office
10/29/2014 – Expedite request sent to USCIS from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/05/2014 – USCIS approved I-130 petition
11/07/2014 – USCIS sent case to the NVC for processing
11/08/2014 – Received I-797, Approval!!! (NOA2)

NVC

11/11/2014 - Emailed the NVC Expedite Packet to the Senator's office
11/12/2014 - Expedite request sent to NVC from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/12/2014 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/28/2014 - Received confirmation email from NVC, expedite request was received and is being processed
12/09/2014 - NVC Case number assigned
12/10/2014 - NVC Welcome letter email
12/10/2014 - Submitted form DS-261
12/11/2014 - AOS fee invoiced
12/12/2014 - AOS fee submitted
12/15/2014 - AOS fee shows paid
12/16/2014 - Sent AOS and IV packets
12/17/2014 - AOS and IV packets received by NVC
12/17/2014 - Embassy denied expedite without a reason, informed over the phone by Hazel from NVC

12/19/2014 - Received email from NVC confirming AOS and IV packets received, scan date 12/17
12/19/2014 - IV fee invoiced

12/19/2014 - IV fee submitted
12/23/2014 - IV fee shows paid

12/26/2014 - Submitted DS-260
02/17/2015 - Case complete!!! :)
05/04/2015 - Interview date received by phone, scheduled for 06/10/2015

05/08/2015 - Received P4 email

US Embassy Cairo

05/12/2015 - Embassy received case from NVC

06/10/2015 - Interview approved!!! :)

07/20/2015 - Visa received

Timeline

Good morning friends, Just when i Thought things were almost over, something else happens. I checked ceac page today ít was AP and then it changed back to "ready". I Am confused. Will another interview be scheduled? Should email embassy??. Or just wait.

This journey NEVER ends And The waiting continúes.

Timeline

A case I know of first hand, was in AP since nov, no updates till 28, 29 June same AP. Then 9 July it updated to Ready. Then 12 July it updated to Issued.

I bet your getting your visa very soon!smileys-happy-783140.gif Btw..these people were waiting just as long as us. So this gives me hope it can happen at ANY time!smileys-happy-783140.gif

Thank you, for The informatiom Natasha&Noor. that gives me hope.

Timeline

I got another update today. But still in ready. :-(

paper-work-smiley-emoticon.gif

:clock: 400th day in AP :clock:

picgifs-deal-with-it-7754132.gif

kiss.gifStill IN LOVE!kiss.gif

Jeez, this is terrible :( but it seems the phrase "absence makes the heart grow fonder" definitely applies to you two :wub:

400 days down; it definitely won't be another 400 days so I'd say you're most of the way through by now. I wonder what on Earth they're doing that is taking so long?

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Called the NVC this morning and got two checklists for the household size portion of the I864, both on mine and mother's (she's joint sponsoring).

My mother's mistake is clear: she put down a household size of two (her and my dad) and didn't include my wife, the immigrant she's joint-sponsoring. Of course, referring to it in terms of a "household" confused her, since we don't live with her and won't be when we get to the US either.

In my own case, I stupidly forgot to make a copy of my filled-out form. So I don't even know if I really made a mistake. If I did, I can't imagine how. There's me, my wife and our child, who I already got US citizenship for. I specifically remember not putting my wife in the table twice, I was very careful not to do that. So I don't know how I would have arrived at any other number than three. Would the NVC itself get confused if our child wasn't mentioned anywhere else in the form? I did send her CRBA and a copy of her passport to show that we are intending to move to the US. But I don't know, this has really got me down.

Anyway, we are going to fill in the I864 all over again this weekend. My mother will fill out her I864, send it overnight to Colombia by Fedex on Monday, and then I will mail the two forms with an AOS cover sheet to the NVC again. Another 30 days to wait.

There has to be a better way to do this spousal immigration process without opening it up to fraud. The way it's set up now is so costly, inefficient, stressful and bureaucratic. And we still are probably going to spend most of the rest of this year waiting for it to finish.

Timeline

Anther update, stil nothing. :-(

Timeline

Called the NVC this morning and got two checklists for the household size portion of the I864, both on mine and mother's (she's joint sponsoring).

My mother's mistake is clear: she put down a household size of two (her and my dad) and didn't include my wife, the immigrant she's joint-sponsoring. Of course, referring to it in terms of a "household" confused her, since we don't live with her and won't be when we get to the US either.

In my own case, I stupidly forgot to make a copy of my filled-out form. So I don't even know if I really made a mistake. If I did, I can't imagine how. There's me, my wife and our child, who I already got US citizenship for. I specifically remember not putting my wife in the table twice, I was very careful not to do that. So I don't know how I would have arrived at any other number than three. Would the NVC itself get confused if our child wasn't mentioned anywhere else in the form? I did send her CRBA and a copy of her passport to show that we are intending to move to the US. But I don't know, this has really got me down.

Anyway, we are going to fill in the I864 all over again this weekend. My mother will fill out her I864, send it overnight to Colombia by Fedex on Monday, and then I will mail the two forms with an AOS cover sheet to the NVC again. Another 30 days to wait.

There has to be a better way to do this spousal immigration process without opening it up to fraud. The way it's set up now is so costly, inefficient, stressful and bureaucratic. And we still are probably going to spend most of the rest of this year waiting for it to finish.

Welcome to the thread so happy you found us. Bottom line is these people are evil and I'm sure you didn't make any mistakes. They told us in one of our checklists that we didn't send all 9 pages when I know for a fact that we did.

I think you will be fine you have a child but they do ask a lot of questions and sometimes not sleeping and being nervous can mess you up. So make sure your dear wife is well rested and read for the interview when the time comes. Make sure she knows your parents etc names etc and you should be fine. I'll be praying all goes well. :yes:

To all vj friends...

glitterfy5220843776B81.gif

Thank you my sweetness right backatcha!!!!!!!!!!!! (L) (L)

Anther update, stil nothing. :-(

They know after this they can't torture you anymore so they are getting the last of their arsenal out. But no worries soon my dear very soon. :)(L) (L)

Here's my rant of the day....I emailed the "Embassy" ustraveldocs...anyway here's my letter,...and their response....

Your case has been updated, please log back into your account to view the details.

Date/Time Case Opened:

7/19/2015 3:19 PM

Description:

Applicant name: XXXXXXX

Date of Birth: XXXXXXX

Passport Number: XXXXXXX

Case Number: DHK2014XXXXXX

Petitioner Name: XXXXXXX

Interview Date: 10 June 2014

Additional document submitting date (if any) N/A

Visa Type: IR1

Scanned copy of the interview appoint date See Attached

Last communication that applicant had with the Embassy. Last email from support-bangladesh@ustraveldocs.com was 14 June 2015

Dear US Embassy Dhaka: First of all, Thank you for your attention to this important email. EID Mubarak.

I am writing in regards to my husband's visa processing. Our case has been in Administrative Processing since his interview. If cases get issued in numerical order, why then are there cases with case numbers higher than ours, who have received their ISSUEDs already? I know of many of these cases from friends. How is this possible or fair? (We have no needed extra documents.)Can you tell me if our case is "ACTIVELY BEING WORKED ON"?

I would also like to request a Skype or phone appointment with Elizabeth Gourley, or another available Consular Officer to discuss the current status of our case, please. I would like to understand what is the main problem that our case is on "hold"? My husband and I have been married more than 2 years now, and our only daily contact is via computer. I did not, and do not want a "virtual" husband! I would like to live with and raise our family in the USA, as most American Citizens do.

I assure you, I am COMMITTED to my husband, and will NEVER divorce him, leave him, or cheat on him, and all I want is to live with him IN PERSON. Please send me a personal response, NOT a standard reply "further administrative processing is needed" letter. Thank You so much!

Sincerely & God Bless, XXXXXXX

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

o-rly018.gif

Origin:

Email

Case Reason:

Any other query

Public Response:

Dear XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that we are not authorized to disclose any information related to the Visa application to anybody other than the applicant.

In order to receive assistance from the U.S. Visa Service Desk, the applicant has to send the query from the registered email id with which he/she created his/her profile on www.ustraveldocs.com/bd.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/gss_bangladesh to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!

Yours Sincerely,

U.S. Visa Service Desk.

o-rly011.gif o-rly002.gif

Nice! They wished me a pleasant day...how considerate :goofy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wow:

OMG hahahahaa I love you, your as sarcastic as I am hahahaha love the pics they are purfect. These people are such idiots it's the perfect example how degrees mean NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See the Owl? That is what I look like after reading their response to you. :ranting:

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Timeline

I'm on vacation right now so I only have a minute, but I thought you all would like to know the Hubby landed safely in the US today, alhamdulillah!

USCIS

10/11/2014 – Mailed I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox
10/14/2014 – I-130 packet signed for
10/15/2014 – Priority date assigned
10/19/2014 – Acceptance confirmation email received
10/20/2014 – Check cashed
10/24/2014 – Received I-797C (NOA1)
10/27/2014 – Faxed the USCIS expedite packet to the Senator's office
10/29/2014 – Expedite request sent to USCIS from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/05/2014 – USCIS approved I-130 petition
11/07/2014 – USCIS sent case to the NVC for processing
11/08/2014 – Received I-797, Approval!!! (NOA2)

NVC

11/11/2014 - Emailed the NVC Expedite Packet to the Senator's office
11/12/2014 - Expedite request sent to NVC from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/12/2014 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/28/2014 - Received confirmation email from NVC, expedite request was received and is being processed
12/09/2014 - NVC Case number assigned
12/10/2014 - NVC Welcome letter email
12/10/2014 - Submitted form DS-261
12/11/2014 - AOS fee invoiced
12/12/2014 - AOS fee submitted
12/15/2014 - AOS fee shows paid
12/16/2014 - Sent AOS and IV packets
12/17/2014 - AOS and IV packets received by NVC
12/17/2014 - Embassy denied expedite without a reason, informed over the phone by Hazel from NVC

12/19/2014 - Received email from NVC confirming AOS and IV packets received, scan date 12/17
12/19/2014 - IV fee invoiced

12/19/2014 - IV fee submitted
12/23/2014 - IV fee shows paid

12/26/2014 - Submitted DS-260
02/17/2015 - Case complete!!! :)
05/04/2015 - Interview date received by phone, scheduled for 06/10/2015

05/08/2015 - Received P4 email

US Embassy Cairo

05/12/2015 - Embassy received case from NVC

06/10/2015 - Interview approved!!! :)

07/20/2015 - Visa received

Timeline

Maharosa, I Am so happy for you!

Natasha&Noor, NEVER give up hope.

My husband back to amistrative review. :-(

Hi everyone just an update, if you remember my rant from a few months ago regardingyds 260 being filed wrong i juat realized that the reason my husband has to file a waiver its because of that. Since we disclosed the right answer it was view as misrepresentation. Working with a lawyer now and hoping that my country won't deny my chance at happiness because i disclosed the right answer before the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.