Deedee0613

Visa Issued!!! in 8 days!!

64 posts in this topic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning Everyone And Congratulations DeeDee

This has opened some questions for me - How long after the visa interview does it take to get the passport with visa?

Some where I had read a long time ago 5-10 business days

Our plan was to have me there for the interview and stay until she has her passport back and we bot fly to the USA together.... however I can not stay for an unlimited time and reading the posts it seems that getting the passport back could take quite a while.

Right now we are at NVC with all docs submitted just waiting on them to approve and forward to the embassy.

Where are you checking for status of the case and passport?

Congratulations again and best wishes for the future

This has opened some questions for me - How long after the visa interview does it take to get the passport with visa?

Our plan was to have me there for the interview and stay until she has her passport back and we bot fly to the USA together.... however I can not stay for an unlimited time and reading the posts it seems that getting the passport back could take quite a while.

Right now we are at NVC with all docs submitted just waiting on them to approve and forward to the embassy.

[/

Good morning! And thank you

It took us 8 business days but every case is different. Normally it's 10-15 business days.

You can check the status of your case at Ceac.state.gov and also track your passport at ustraveldocs.com.

I Thankfully was able to stay long enough to return with my husband.

Good luck on your journey!

12/25/2013 - Officially became a couple

10/27/2014 - Married :wub:
12/26/2014 - Wedding Ceremony
02/20/2015 - NOA1
05/05/2015- NOA2
05/11/2015- NVC Received, Request for 2nd expedite
05/18/2015- Case Number assigned
05/27/2015- NVC/Embassy approved expedite request
05/29/2015- Case sent to Embassy
06/05/2015- Medical
06/08/2015- Vac Appointment
06/18/2015- Interview (APPROVED!!)
06/30/2015- Visa Issued!!! :dancing: :joy:
07/06/2015- Visa in hand
07/08/2015- POE (Miami)
07/18/2015- SS received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Thank you!!

I have been analyzing a few cases lately and notice that it changes to AP before it changes to ISSUED. Don't lose hope!! At least they are working on your case :)

You're right from AP now it's ISSUED and an email from Consular that they already forwarded to courier, the courier will be contacting me how to get my passport.Thank God! and this site really helps. Good luck?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats to you both! Happy to hear about your progress flowing so fast!

I'm wondering if you have any suggestions for me though?

It seems you guys filed close to my time frame, yet I'm still awaiting on my NOA2 and I know many others are as well. Your NOA1 date was 2/20/2015 and mine was 2/27/2015. Our service center Nebraska is the same and we are both in Florida, yet you guys were approved for NOA2.

I'm not sure about the expedite request process and if you would suggest I do that as well to move things along? My 5 months wait from NOA1 to NOA2 is coming up end of the month.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! It's nice to hear about your success!

Be well...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Congrats to you both! Happy to hear about your progress flowing so fast!

I'm wondering if you have any suggestions for me though?

It seems you guys filed close to my time frame, yet I'm still awaiting on my NOA2 and I know many others are as well. Your NOA1 date was 2/20/2015 and mine was 2/27/2015. Our service center Nebraska is the same and we are both in Florida, yet you guys were approved for NOA2.

I'm not sure about the expedite request process and if you would suggest I do that as well to move things along? My 5 months wait from NOA1 to NOA2 is coming up end of the month.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! It's nice to hear about your success!

Be well...

Thank you. I think it depends on your case I am not really sure. Have you check other timeline from Nebraska? Actually mine was K1 visa a bit faster, but others can be as fast as 3 months it really depends don't know what is their category. For our case we just comply with whatever requirements needed and just wait. I know how it feels been waiting and checking everyday and turns to become a habit. Hopefully you'll get the approval soon..

Maybe some users of VJ can help you out. Good Luck!

Thank you so much.

Actually requesting for an expedite was what processed everything faster. My reason was due to medical reason on my behalf. I also provided documentation from my doctor.

You would have to call USCIS and ask what are the requirement for an expedite. Some people request it due to financial hardship.

In my opinion, you should call. You don't lose anything with trying.

Good luck! :)

02/20/2015 - NOA1
05/05/2015- NOA2
06/05/2015- Medical
07/06/2015- Visa in hand
07/08/2015- POE (Miami)
07/18/2015- SS received

Well we don't know whether to be excited or not! At 5:07 pm today we got an email from traveldocs saying our documents had been picked up from the embassy and are now ready at VAC center for pickup. (Galleria 360, in Santo Domingo), where we chose to have them sent. I tracked the passport online and it says passport ready for pickup. I signed into our dashboard and it say Passport ready for pickup!!! All great news, but the Visa website still says in AP and has not been updated since the 29th? Is it possible that it happened so late in the day that the computers/website have just not updated?? We will be on our way early am to Santo Domingo, but now what is in my head is, they are returning the passport without the Visa in it??? have become delusional? Have any of you who have gotten your passport seen it in AP even though your visa and passport were ready?

Well we don't know whether to be excited or not! At 5:07 pm today we got an email from traveldocs saying our documents had been picked up from the embassy and are now ready at VAC center for pickup. (Galleria 360, in Santo Domingo), where we chose to have them sent. I tracked the passport online and it says passport ready for pickup. I signed into our dashboard and it say Passport ready for pickup!!! All great news, but the Visa website still says in AP and has not been updated since the 29th? Is it possible that it happened so late in the day that the computers/website have just not updated?? We will be on our way early am to Santo Domingo, but now what is in my head is, they are returning the passport without the Visa in it??? have become delusional? Have any of you who have gotten your passport seen it in AP even though your visa and passport were ready?

That is great!!!!! The CEAC website is still having issues.

Same thing happened to my in laws and they called and their passports were ready!! So congrats!!!! :)

02/20/2015 - NOA1
05/05/2015- NOA2
06/05/2015- Medical
07/06/2015- Visa in hand
07/08/2015- POE (Miami)
07/18/2015- SS received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.