AmyAndres

Letter of Domicile - Include "Immigration Visa Application" as proof of reestablishing domicile?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I was just thinking, couldn't I put "Immigration Visa Application" as one of my reasons to prove I will be taking up residence in the USA?

I mean, isn't paying about $1000USD to the US government to apply for my husband's application and waiting going through this whole process pretty good proof of wanting to take up residence in the USA again??

USCIS

03/17/2015 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/19/2015 I-130 NOA1 (California)

04/15/2015 I-130 NOA2 (27 days)

NVC

04/29/2015 Case received at NVC

05/07/2015 Case Number, IIN assigned

06/01/2015 DS-261 opened, completed

06/04/2015 AOS fee invoiced, paid

06/11/2015 Email received from NVC notifying of acceptance of DS-261

07/06/2015 IV Fee opened

07/20/2015 IV Fee paid

07/27/2015 DS-260 submitted

07/28/2015 AOS & IV packages mailed together

07/30/2015 Scan date for AOS & IV packages

08/20/2015 CASE COMPLETE

08/26/2015 Case Complete email

08/27/2015 Interview Letter received by email

08/31/2015 Case left NVC, "In Transit" to Consulate

EMBASSY

09/01/2015 CEAC shows "Ready" at Consulate

10/07/2015 Interview (rescheduled from 09/16/2015) - 202 days from NOA1 - 48 days from Case Complete

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It isn't proof of an intention, it is proving that you actually have a US domicile.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You would think so, but apparently no.

I went through the same process of trying to prove "Intent of Restablishing Domicile" and sent everything I could think of. Both trying to show my husband kept all of his ties in the US and also prove of our future plans.

During the interview what the Consul seem to care most about was prove of our future plans, well his, as to make sure that he is indeed trying to reestablish his domicile in the US.

Since he was a student here, we should that he is planning on doing some post-graduate training in the US, showed a letter of acceptance to that program and also showed that he is taking the boards to validate his studies in the US.

SO try to show as much evidence as you can of your future plans there.

Best of luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.