JohnR!

Supreme Court rules states must allow same-sex marriage

252 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Now that picture is pretty ghey. I would like to see the capital in Red/White and Blue instead.

I figured ole Obama might be gay, and if you look at his wife Michelle she has man looks, and looks like she is transgenders.

I guess when your Presidency is going down the toilet you grasp at straws for any thing.

Boom Boom Out Goes the Lights.......

I put this through my 'bigot to English' translator, paragraph by paragraph.

"Now, that picture makes me uncomfortable due its display of support for a cause I find personally repulsive. I think that the capitol has forgotten that they represent my nation, by which I mean only those that I agree with personally, a fact they can only disprove through use of the colours of our flag.

I always disliked President Obama and I like to equate my dislikes, so I can only assume that the good President belongs to a group which it is socially acceptable for me to hate. I find his wife unattractive as she does not have delicate and petite Asian features. She is only as hot as Laverne Cox and so only approximately three quarters of the American population can polish the woodwork to her image.

As people who have espoused similar destructive beliefs to my own have made it difficult for the President of my good nation to accomplish anything but by executive order, I can only assume that the problem lies not in the disrespect that myself and my like-minded fellows show to the highest office in our nation, but is in fact due to the President's personal shortcomings.

Untranslatable ridiculousness occurred between my hands and the computer."

Edited by Penguin_ie

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Legislation would

have been the wrong way to do it. Legislation can be reversed easily this can not.

Don't forget that the Republicans in the states kept passing these constitutional amendments to ban same-sex marriage. They purposefully made it difficult to reverse these anti-gay bans in the states. It took the Supreme Court to put these stinking so-called representatives of the people in check with their tyranny of the majority. The court did its job properly and adhered to the U.S. Constitution by providing the check and balance it's required to do as the 3rd co-equal branch in this constitutional republic.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~One argumentative, non-constructive posting removed~

~Post constructively, or do not post~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** two more posts edited. Be civil to eachother, and ALL members of Visajourney, or thread bans and further admin action will be taken. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

"It's hard to believe that gay Americans achieved full Constitutional personhood just five years after corporations did." - Stephen Colbert on the SCOTUS Obergefell ruling

Obama just won same-sex marriage and Affordable Care at the Supreme Court, yet right wingers believe he is going down? *snicker*

I can't wait for the infighting and mudslinging between the Republican 'presidentiables' to begin. The pop and popcorn are ready on my side.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Legislation would

have been the wrong way to do it. Legislation can be reversed easily this can not.

A very ends-justifies-the-means way of thinking.. Why have a constitution or legislation at all? If we are going to ignore the constitution and states rights when we feel society isn't moving along at the pace we like and let nine people make all the tough decisions for us why even bother?

I may have to admit it is a necessary evil at times but that much power in the hands of a very few unelected lifetime people - that is going to create a problem somewhere in the future.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

A very ends-justifies-the-means way of thinking.. Why have a constitution or legislation at all? If we are going to ignore the constitution and states rights when we feel society isn't moving along at the pace we like and let nine people make all the tough decisions for us why even bother?

I may have to admit it is a necessary evil at times but that much power in the hands of a very few unelected lifetime people - that is going to create a problem somewhere in the future.

Part of the problem with the bolded is an electoral and legislative system that operates in such a way that the will of the majority of Americans is neither represented nor possible to follow through on. Perhaps democracy will work right once electoral reform becomes a priority of the people.

2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

Filed: Timeline

Part of the problem with the bolded is an electoral and legislative system that operates in such a way that the will of the majority of Americans is neither represented nor possible to follow through on. Perhaps democracy will work right once electoral reform becomes a priority of the people.

The bigger issue is that certain guarantees are provided in the Constitution to ensure that the majority cannot simply roll over the minorities. This is essentially what happened here, the majorities in several states had rolled over the rights of same sex couples. They don't get to do that. And the SCOTUS cleared that up.

Timeline

The bigger issue is that certain guarantees are provided in the Constitution to ensure that the majority cannot simply roll over the minorities. This is essentially what happened here, the majorities in several states had rolled over the rights of same sex couples. They don't get to do that. And the SCOTUS cleared that up.

Well yes, but for some reason no matter how many times I say that minority rights should not be decided by majority votes, people just keep going BUT THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A LEGISLATIVE DECISION!

March 13, 2014 Married!