Jump to content

DCF Manila - Filed 6/24

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello All.

My wife and I recently made the trip from Cebu to Manila to file the I-130.

Thanks to all the great folks here, and the many hours upon hours of research, I had everything very well organized and ready to go.

Hopefully soon we will find out what their decision is. I am confident it will be approved.

Thanks to:




for their help getting us our this path.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

My fiance' and I have met this year in UAE but want to marry in the Philippines - CDO probably. I would stay for a few months in Philippines (continually) and hope to file DCF in Manila as "resident". What's confusing is besides the I-130 and the G-325A, are there any other required forms to bring my bride to America? Our expectation is marriage in November and file for immigration with the Manila Embassy in February/2016. Any idea of timeline? I've search this site, as well as, others but almost all forms, information and cases seem to pertain to the most common K-1 Fiance Visa.

PS. I know it says on the left side "K-1 Visa" but we have filed any paperwork anywhere.

Edited by #Yikes

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the Embassy, here in Manila, you must reside in the Philippines for greater than 6 months. You must also provide proof of such stay beyond your visa stamps. I used financial transactions made periodically and also two 6 month lease agreements. There are other ways to do it.

I have attached a copy of the requirements that the Embassy sent me when I inquired about the process.

I have attached a copy of what is required at the medical exam.

For the interview you will need:

NBI clearance certificate in wife's married name

NBI clearance in wife's maiden name

I-864 for yourself (and supporting documents (tax stuff))

I-864 for any co-sponsor (if needed) (and supporting documents (tax stuff, ID copies, proof of sponsor citizenship/residency))

I-864a if co-sponsor files as "married"

CEMAR (similar to a CENOMAR) also called "Advisory On Marriage" for both you AND her

Proof of domicile or intent to re-establish domicile

If there's something I forgot I am sure manilaraf can help you out. I am new at this myself.

Although it seems like a lot, it's not "hard" to get all these or to fill out the forms. I can however be time consuming.

It is recommended when you marry to make sure and have your marriage certificate "Advance Endorsed" it will dramatically reduce the waiting time to receive the PSA (NSO) certified copy you will need later.

Reqmts for I-130.doc


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.