BNZfive

DCF Manila - Filed 6/24

3 posts in this topic

Hello All.

My wife and I recently made the trip from Cebu to Manila to file the I-130.

Thanks to all the great folks here, and the many hours upon hours of research, I had everything very well organized and ready to go.

Hopefully soon we will find out what their decision is. I am confident it will be approved.

Thanks to:

manilaraf

and:

RoseCV

for their help getting us our this path.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance' and I have met this year in UAE but want to marry in the Philippines - CDO probably. I would stay for a few months in Philippines (continually) and hope to file DCF in Manila as "resident". What's confusing is besides the I-130 and the G-325A, are there any other required forms to bring my bride to America? Our expectation is marriage in November and file for immigration with the Manila Embassy in February/2016. Any idea of timeline? I've search this site, as well as, others but almost all forms, information and cases seem to pertain to the most common K-1 Fiance Visa.

PS. I know it says on the left side "K-1 Visa" but we have filed any paperwork anywhere.

Edited by #Yikes

According to the Embassy, here in Manila, you must reside in the Philippines for greater than 6 months. You must also provide proof of such stay beyond your visa stamps. I used financial transactions made periodically and also two 6 month lease agreements. There are other ways to do it.

I have attached a copy of the requirements that the Embassy sent me when I inquired about the process.

I have attached a copy of what is required at the medical exam.

For the interview you will need:

NBI clearance certificate in wife's married name

NBI clearance in wife's maiden name

I-864 for yourself (and supporting documents (tax stuff))

I-864 for any co-sponsor (if needed) (and supporting documents (tax stuff, ID copies, proof of sponsor citizenship/residency))

I-864a if co-sponsor files as "married"

CEMAR (similar to a CENOMAR) also called "Advisory On Marriage" for both you AND her

Proof of domicile or intent to re-establish domicile

If there's something I forgot I am sure manilaraf can help you out. I am new at this myself.

Although it seems like a lot, it's not "hard" to get all these or to fill out the forms. I can however be time consuming.

It is recommended when you marry to make sure and have your marriage certificate "Advance Endorsed" it will dramatically reduce the waiting time to receive the PSA (NSO) certified copy you will need later.

Reqmts for I-130.doc

post-205581-0-69432100-1435575586_thumb.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.