miraclecity78

FURTHER INFORMATION

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My wife is a U.S Citizen and we have been married for almost 3 yrs now.Also applied for Cr1 visa and waiting for my interview date soon.

Is it so necessary for her to be in my country with me during my interview and what are some of the likely questions and documents to be asked for concerning my case pls?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from Introducing Our Members forum to the Africa/Sub-Saharan regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

The descision is both you and hers to make, but I don't like giving bad news, but this embassy consualrs are not friendly and they don't care if your reunited with your wife, and the questions you will be asked vary but expect them to be harsh questions, but if your wife can come it would be great and be ready for anything with the consulars in there!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes having your wife be there is a good idea.

How often has she visited so far and for how long?

They will likely ask you a lot of questions about her, her job, family etc, as well as about any red flags, such as age, religious or educational differences, previous marriages and kids etc.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

BUT HAVE REGULAR COMMUNICATIONS WITH EACH OTHER VIA FB,WHATSAPP,SMS,PHONE CALLS ETC

BUT HAVE REGULAR COMMUNICATIONS WITH EACH OTHER VIA FB,WHATSAPP,SMS,PHONE CALLS ETC

Timeline

WELL WE GOT MARRIED ON OCT.2012 AND HAS SINCE NOT SEEN EACH OTHER PLS.CAN THIS BE A PROBLEM?

With this embassy it's a great possibility!

Timeline

Sorry for a late reply I was at work, they will want to know why only one visit for such a long time frame, what would your reply be? Cause you can't say financial because they will look at it as she can't support you while your not working, but whatever reason make it good and try to show it, the thing is with certain consulars in this Emabssy is that they like to focus on what they think is weak and run with it, so you in return have to prove its not, I can't tell you what they will ask, like for my husband they focused on why his fb was closed, and tried to turn him against me, the next day they tried to turn me against him so that is the kind of consulars you are up against, so chat with your wife and Google visa interview questions and make sure your on the same page so you can over come these consulars

Timeline

WELL THNX FOR UR SUPPORT.I DO RLY APPRECIATE IT.U SEE I MET MY WIFE IN GH IN 2005 AS A CHURCH MEMBER THAT TIME.SHE IS A LIBERIAN BUT NOW A. U.S CITIZEN.SHE FINALLY LEFT FOR THE STATES SAME YR N HAS SINCE NOT SPOKEN UNTIL 2011 WHERE I PROPOSED TO MARRY HER AFTER DISCOVERING THAT SHE IS STILL NOT MARRIED.SHE CAME TO GH FOR OUR WEDDING ON 25 OCT.2012 AND LEFT AFTER TWO WEEKS OF OUR HONEYMOON.I TRIED VISITING HER ON A VISIT VISA VIA MY FATHER INLAW'S GRADUATION IN THE U.S BUT TO NO AVAIL.SO WE BOTH AGREED TO WAIT TILL MY PAPER WORK GOES THRU FOR MY IMMIGRANT VISA.IN FACT,WE ARE ACTUALLY ON CONSTANT CHAT,PHONE CALLS,SMS ETC.JUST WAITING FOR MY INTERVIEW DATE NOW.

ANY MORE ADVICE,SUGGESTIONS,RECOMMENDATIONS ETC FOR ME BEFORE MY INTERVIEW DATE?

Timeline

Amen.I believe God for victory and visa.Thnx for your encouragement and prayers.God bless u more!

Amen.I believe God for victory and visa.Thnx for your encouragement and prayers.God bless u more!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I don't know if it's the same, mine was K-1, i've been to Ghana once, my fiancee was asked why and she told the consulate because i've been busy with school. she got my mother's first name wrong, and the consulate made her aware she got it wrong but she was still granted the visa. she was interviewed by KM, the same consulate everyone complains about here. No one can tell you what will happen, get your documents ready, communicate more and print everything you can get to support your case, i doubt they look at half of your documents. My advise is to pray pray pray pray and ask God for his favor. work on your documents and evidence of support. Hopefully you do not go through KM or she's in a good mood if you go through her. I had told my fiancee about her, but she says KM was very nice and apologetic too. Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.