RIAAZ76

Post Ten Year Ban

4 posts in this topic

Hello people.

I have a bit of an issue i was hoping someone could help me with which i am going completely insane.

I am a British x Patriot who moved to the U.S.A with my Parents as a Teen.

In August of 1999 i was introduced to my wife whom i fell in love with and got married to,

She came to visit me in Orlando,FL a few Months later and we made a bold decision to get Married despite our Families displeasure.

Her Family was against this bold move so they threatened to never let me see her again once she moved back to the U.K so i decided to hold her back instead.

She entered the U.S.A on the 4th of NOV 1999 and over stayed her Visa Waiver for 5 long years until OCT 11 2004.

During that time we had Two Children born in the U.S.A.

(I know i know folks i made a drastic mistake, There is no reason i can justify breaking the Immigration Laws of the U.S.A (even if meant sending her back and loosing her).

While she was in the U.S.A we contacted an Attorney that advised us to never leave the Country under any circumstances whatsoever and advised us to file an I130.

(Based on my LPR status at the time the U.S.C.I.S (Formerly C.I.S.) was backlogged by 5 yrs in those days.)

The day came had finally come when we had no choice but to leave the U.S.A voluntarily due to her Sisters life and death pregnancy situation (in the U.K which was blown completely out of proportion) and a few weeks later coincidentally received an approval letter from C.I.S that her I130 was finally approved,

The following transpired to the best of my knowledge after that.

25 Oct 2005 Choice of Agent letter received in the U.K

18 Jan 2007 an Interview was scheduled at the U.S. Embassy in London which turned our lives upside down and would change our lives forever.

She was denied her Visa for Obvious Overstay.

We were required to file an I 601 Waiver to prove extreme Hardship.

Obviously we could not prove hardship based on what the Govt thinks Hardship is and the Waiver letter was denied.

The Adjudicator of the Hardship Waiver said quote:

''Mr Hassan does not have to be depressed at all as we have a wonderful idea for him.

He is Dual Citizen and could therefore move to the U.K and be with his Family''....

Anyway to carry on....

I came back to the U.S.A immediately thereafter Leaving the Wife in the U.K alone with Three Children (as another child was born in August of 2005) and filed for my N400 in 2006 ultimately becoming a USC in 2008.

Since then up until now the way we have lived is like this,

I stay in the U.S.A , She stays in the U.K.

Some yrs the two Older USC children stayed with me in America while some yrs with the Wife in the U.K

I have made a total of 28 trips back and forth to the U.K from the U.S.A since 2005 spending between $70-$85,000 in the process.

Every time the Wife gets stressed i drop my Job like a Hat and run to the U.K in fear of loosing my wife.

Every time my Kid/s gets hurt and end up in Hospital i drop everything and leave.

I could have accepted defeat and stayed in the U.K because of my ill fate and bad choices but i just could not hack it living in England even through i grew up there as a Child.

All my Family is in Florida and it burns me to see that they are enjoying life in the Sun while i would be depressed in the Cold.

As you can see in my timeline the Ten yr Ban ended on OCT 11 2014 of last year and i had re applied a fresh I130 (IN May of 2014) that took a whopping 395 days to be approved lol

OMG i thought it's de ja vu all over again .....

The Approval notice came in finally on 23 May 2015 and then in rolled in the NVC Welcome packet on June 16.

With my bad luck there is no end in sight because the Consulate systems are down.

The NVC is totally back logged.

Cannot even choose an Agent.

Do you guys think we finally have a chance ? SHALL I GIVE UP....

We have been married for 16 Yrs going onto 17, Have 4 Children oldest 13 and youngest 5.

Will we have to prove bonafide marriage relationship ?

Will we have to do another Hardship waiver...

I read peoples posts of how much they love their Spouses and how they cannot stand waiting.

My wife and i have been waiting for 11 yrs and counting with no end in sight.

At one point because of lengthy periods away from home a third party had interfered in our lives and almost broke our home which we had to fix because otherwise all this separation for 10 yrs would have been for nothing.

I am totally depressed and broken and i don't know what to do anymore which is why i signed up on here to make a few friends that could help me get through this tough time because i just cannot take it anymore... :(

And to add a cherry on top of my problems...

I have no job,no money and only just managed to beg someone to Joint Sponsor me....

Thank you all for reading...

Sincerely

Riaaz

Filed: Other Country: Albania
Timeline

You shouldn't need a 601 assuming there are no other bars to admissibility. Bona fides should be satisfied by the kids birth certificates. I wouldn't worry too much.

Hope not.

Made a bad mistake and paid for it by living out the Penalty.

She has no criminal records and has not tried to sneak in without inspection etc.

What upsets me the most is i have waited Ten long yrs and now i see a very long road still ahead of us.

So many people are stuck with the DS 260 and all it makes me so worried.

I called NVC on Monday and they told me that my Wifes case had been un locked but not my sons.

So now i have to wait until i can choose an agent for my son.

The best part in all this is I do not need an Affidavit of Support for the kid as he will automatically be a USC upon arrival in the USC..

THANK YOU

Riaaz

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.