jac.flesher

Let's play a game, Guess my RFE!!

76 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

It can be even simple as a typo (especially on names or birth dates).

Personally, I would sweat or waste energy on this and just wait for the details

and just deal with it then. At this stage, usually it should be minor issue.

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Maybe you forgot the check :sleepy:

Spoiler
AOS
Day 0 (4/29/14) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765) via Fedex
Day 2 (5/01/14) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
Day 9 (5/08/14) Received NOAs in the mail
Day 13 (5/12/14) Received biometrics appointment for 06/03/14
Day 35 (6/03/14) Biometrics in Houston TX
Day 48 (6/16/14) Received email & text notification of an interview on 8/12/14
Day 65 (7/03/14) EAD card production
Day 77 (7/15/14) Received EAD
Day 105 (8/12/14) Interview (Approved)
Day 111 (8/18/14) GC received in the mail
ROC
Day 0 (5/16/16) I-751 package sent via USPS Certified Priority Mail (3 lb 0.5 oz)
Day 1 (5/17/16) I-751 package received at CSC lockbox
Day 9 (5/25/16) Check appears as pending transaction-Check cashed
Day 39 (6/24/16) Call USCIS to open case inquiry
Day 73 (7/28/16) Received Biometrics Letter
Day 87 (8/11/16) Biometrics Appointment
Day 205 (12/2/16) I-751 Approved
Day 211 (12/8/16) GC received in the mail
N-400
Day 0 (5/23/17) N-400 package sent via Fedex
Day 10 (6/02/17) I-797C NOA Reject Notice - Outdated version of N-400
Day 11 (6/03/17) N-400 package sent via USPS
Day 15 (06/07/17) Credit Card charged USCIS fee
Day 20 (06/12/17) NOA received 
Day 24 (06/16/17) Biometrics Appointment Letter received
Day 36 (06/28/17) Biometrics Appointment
Day 51 (07/13/17) Online Status changed to "Interview was Scheduled"
Day 58 (07/20/17) Interview Letter arrived
Day 86 (08/17/17) Interview Date - Recommended for Approval

henna

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As someone mentioned above. It could be anything but your mind wont relax until the paper work is in your hand and you can fix it. I got myself all worked up thinking OH GOD they want this or that and it was as simple as letting them know the website we met on was not a IMB copied it and overnighted it to them. WALLAH problem fixed no harm no foul and things moved rather quickly from there. UNTIL NOW lol. its an ever ending game of worry and wonder whats NEXT! Sheesh then you get Chinese hackers, delays, Administrative Processing Etc etc etc.. You are at the beginning of a long and uncomfortable journey. I am almost at the end but feel your pain. we all do. very rare do I see a post on here that doesn't have some issue and run smoothly. It happens but I am not one of those fortunate people. Rome wasn't built in a day and Visas aren't issued in a day either. Strangers determining what a bonifide relationship is and deciding on who belongs together and who doesn't. The process is at the very least broken. But I try to look at the light at the end of the tunnel and pray very hard that it is NOT an oncoming train. Good luck on your journey. I hope the rest of your process runs smoothly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You sent so much extra stuff that isn't needed or required? Why send extra stuff they have to wade through? I'm thinking maybe it's not sending all passports pages, because you have to send all of them even the blank ones, that or not putting your names on the bottom of the G form.

It states on the g-form specifically to...

"Applicant: Print your name and Alien Registration Number in the box outlined by heavy border below."

As a U.S. citizen obviously you wouldn't have an a-number so you'd write none in the spot.

I know you said you didn't feel the need to but you also said you read over and over every form and checked and rechecked everything spending 15 hours on it, so why would you purposely leave something blank that it clearly says to do just because YOU didn't feel the need for it? Talk about shooting your own foot.

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

You sent so much extra stuff that isn't needed or required? Why send extra stuff they have to wade through? I'm thinking maybe it's not sending all passports pages, because you have to send all of them even the blank ones, that or not putting your names on the bottom of the G form.

It states on the g-form specifically to...

"Applicant: Print your name and Alien Registration Number in the box outlined by heavy border below."

As a U.S. citizen obviously you wouldn't have an a-number so you'd write none in the spot.

I know you said you didn't feel the need to but you also said you read over and over every form and checked and rechecked everything spending 15 hours on it, so why would you purposely leave something blank that it clearly says to do just because YOU didn't feel the need for it? Talk about shooting your own foot.

i didn't miss the box, it just didn't look like something I am supposed to fill out. it looks like something for office use only. and im not the only one who sends extra stuff ;). I was actually very conservative in what i sent.

Maybe you forgot the check :sleepy:

It wouldn't have made it to california if i had forgotten the check ;)

It can be even simple as a typo (especially on names or birth dates).

Personally, I would sweat or waste energy on this and just wait for the details

and just deal with it then. At this stage, usually it should be minor issue.

good advice! im not too worried about it, but since i am pretty sure i dotted every T and crossed ever I (lolz) I thought it would be fun to play a guessing game with people going through the same thing. Im sure whatever it is, its something minor.

Timeline

i didn't miss the box, it just didn't look like something I am supposed to fill out. it looks like something for office use only. and im not the only one who sends extra stuff ;). I was actually very conservative in what i sent.

It wouldn't have made it to california if i had forgotten the check ;)

good advice! im not too worried about it, but since i am pretty sure i dotted every T and crossed ever I (lolz) I thought it would be fun to play a guessing game with people going through the same thing. Im sure whatever it is, its something minor.

But it says right above the box...... "Applicant: Print your name and Alien Registration Number in the box outlined by heavy border below."

If it is for that, when you fill it out, you are the applicant as it's your petition (for her).

If you missed it, I mean that's an accident, but you orignally said you didn't do it because you didn't see the need as your name is at the top. One of those is an accident one if purposeful. I was just asking why you'd purposely do that to yourself.

"I think this might be the reason. I did not put either of our names in the bold box at the bottom. I just left it blank. I didn't see the need since our names already were at the top... It didn't make sense to put it twice..."

And no you're not the only person to send extra things, I just don't know why people do that, I'd be angry everyday in my office if someone gave me a bunch of stuff I didn't need, but maybe that's just me. That just brings me all the way back around to my point because it happens alot with people on here, they will send all these unecessary things but then leave something required out because they didn't feel it needed to be there and get a RFE for it. It's crazy.

Have fun in the Philippines, great place, good times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I wouldn't stress at all about this.

We had two RFEs - for forms we had sent with the original package.

No point in speculating, just accept they are wrong and not you, then send the same forms in again when they ask for them...

Edited by Lauren and Kevin

Timeline

But it says right above the box...... "Applicant: Print your name and Alien Registration Number in the box outlined by heavy border below."

If it is for that, when you fill it out, you are the applicant as it's your petition (for her).

If you missed it, I mean that's an accident, but you orignally said you didn't do it because you didn't see the need as your name is at the top. One of those is an accident one if purposeful. I was just asking why you'd purposely do that to yourself.

"I think this might be the reason. I did not put either of our names in the bold box at the bottom. I just left it blank. I didn't see the need since our names already were at the top... It didn't make sense to put it twice..."

And no you're not the only person to send extra things, I just don't know why people do that, I'd be angry everyday in my office if someone gave me a bunch of stuff I didn't need, but maybe that's just me. That just brings me all the way back around to my point because it happens alot with people on here, they will send all these unecessary things but then leave something required out because they didn't feel it needed to be there and get a RFE for it. It's crazy.

Have fun in the Philippines, great place, good times.

right it was on purpose. also in the i-129f instructions, it says it is not necessary to repeat information already specified on the i-129f application onto the G-325A. therefore, i really didn't see the need to enter my name at the top AND the bottom of the same form on the same page. it makes absolutely no sense at all whatever. stupidest thing ive ever seen.

Edited by jac.flesher

Timeline

right it was on purpose. also in the i-129f instructions, it says it is not necessary to repeat information already specified on the i-129f application onto the G-325A. therefore, i really didn't see the need to enter my name at the top AND the bottom of the same form on the same page. it makes absolutely no sense at all whatever. stupidest thing ive ever seen.

It would also be the stupidest I've seen. Not you...them. Ridiculous.

Very interesting read... Kinda funny reading all the posts, replies, etc... I feel for you. For me everything was perfect. I have no idea what an RFE or 221-g letter looks like. I have seen lately where the USCIS would issue an RFE for a better explanation of how a couple met. Also, like one poster stated depending on how you assembled your paperwork during the process at the USCIS it is not unusual for papers/documents to get lost. For my gal's i-129f I used a pendaflex folder and an index page for everything, but that was just me. Be patient and best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I feel your pain. I received an electronic notice of a RFE today. It is expected to arrive in the mail within the next 30 days. I used an experienced immigration lawyer, that is his only line of work. Any and everything he requested was included as he handled all the paperwork. It will be interesting to see what they are requesting.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am 99.999% sure I did everything perfect. I spent about 15 hours on this i-129f. BUT i still received and RFE. So I thought I would ask others for some things I could have possibly missed. I have used this website from the beginning and it's always been helpful. But I have gone over my copy of the application about 5 times since receiving the notice that they will be sending me an RFE in the mail. We have about 10 pictures of us together just this past april. I included phone logs, facebook chat logs, money transactions, plane tickets, flight itineraries, hotel receipts. I signed every page. I included my california birth certificate and her philippines NSO. passport photes for the g325a or whatever its called. I INCLUDED EVERYTHING!!! I am going to be really mad if its something stupid like "please put "n/a" in all empty boxes". I really don't know what else it could be. any help is appreciated.

Did you include copies of your passport bio page and the pages stamped showing you entered and left the Phils? (and the stuff I crossed out ... not needed for the petition)

An RFE could be anything, from a signature missed to a box not checked...

I would suggest using the I-129F instructions as a checklist

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I feel your pain. We have an rfe on our I130. Its been two weeks and we're still waiting for the letter. Was dissappointed however realized trying to fathom what the rfe is for doesnt help any. We are very greatful our family is all together in australia. We are looking to relocate to be with our us family.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.