jac.flesher

Let's play a game, Guess my RFE!!

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am 99.999% sure I did everything perfect. I spent about 15 hours on this i-129f. BUT i still received and RFE. So I thought I would ask others for some things I could have possibly missed. I have used this website from the beginning and it's always been helpful. But I have gone over my copy of the application about 5 times since receiving the notice that they will be sending me an RFE in the mail. We have about 10 pictures of us together just this past april. I included phone logs, facebook chat logs, money transactions, plane tickets, flight itineraries, hotel receipts. I signed every page. I included my california birth certificate and her philippines NSO. passport photes for the g325a or whatever its called. I INCLUDED EVERYTHING!!! I am going to be really mad if its something stupid like "please put "n/a" in all empty boxes". I really don't know what else it could be. any help is appreciated.

Edited by jac.flesher

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sometimes they do lose something and have to ask for another copy.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am 99.999% sure I did everything perfect. I spent about 15 hours on this i-129f. BUT i still received and RFE. So I thought I would ask others for some things I could have possibly missed. I have used this website from the beginning and it's always been helpful. But I have gone over my copy of the application about 5 times since receiving the notice that they will be sending me an RFE in the mail. We have about 10 pictures of us together just this past april. I included phone logs, facebook chat logs, money transactions, plane tickets, flight itineraries, hotel receipts. I signed every page. I included my california birth certificate and her philippines NSO. passport photes for the g325a or whatever its called. I INCLUDED EVERYTHING!!! I am going to be really mad if its something stupid like "please put "n/a" in all empty boxes". I really don't know what else it could be. any help is appreciated.

Maybe you forgot to sign something or it is not a wet signature but a copy. You will see when you get a letter. At least it means you will get noa2 very soon after that.

I-129F Sent : 2015-01-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2015-02-04

I-129F RFE(s) : no RFES

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-06-09

NOA2 hard copy: 2015-06-13

Sent to NVC: 2015-06-17

New case number assigned : 2015-06-29

NVC Left : 2015-07-07

Consulate Received : 2015-07-10

Medical: 2015-07-14

Interview Date : 2015-07-20 Approved!!!

Visa in hand: 2015-07-23

Entry to the USA (Orlando, FL): 2015-08-25

Marriage: 2015-09-25

AOS sent: 2015-10-20

NOA1: 2015-10-31

Fingerprints: 2015-11-30

RFE: 2015-12-15

Green card in hands: 2016-03-04

Timeline

i've considered those possibilities and checked my copies, everything is signed in wet ink. even my copies, and my fiancees copies because we completed her g325 there. its just annoying, i was expecting my noa2 any day and i get this. >:(

Timeline

what about the birth certificate. i have only ever had one birth certificate. I don't know if its the long or the short. i have never heard of a long or short before this. this is stressing me out. and when the letter comes next week i will be in the philippines with her, so i won't know until i get home

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It is best to wait for the hardcopy RFE notice and see EXACTLY what they are requesting. To try to prematurely speculate what the nature of the request is just that, pure speculation. That can cause a sane person to go crazy. :wacko:

Respond completely and promptly to the RFE, and get back your petition back in the active adjudication process.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

what about the bold box at the bottom of the first page of the g-325a? the one that's labeled APPLICANT. do i put her information there even on my g325a, or do i put my own information on my g325a, and her information in the box on her g325a?

It is best to wait for the hardcopy RFE notice and see EXACTLY what they are requesting. To try to prematurely speculate what the nature of the request is just that, pure speculation. That can cause a sane person to go crazy. :wacko:

Respond completely and promptly to the RFE, and get back your petition back in the active adjudication process.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

thanks for the advice and yea it is driving me crazy.

Timeline

Definitely. signed in person by both of us and dated. the letters were actually the ones taken from this site. I added my name and address to the top of mine and her name and address to the top of hers.

How about your explanation of how you met? There's been a few cases here were people only said "we met online" and were requested to go into depth

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Angola
Timeline

I'm sorry you got an RFE. But make sure you take out all your identifying information in this doc. Lot of crazies out there.

Hang in there. We all feel your pain.

Our K1 journey

• August 30, 2014-met in Spain, fell in love (L)
  • March 2015-he visited me in the U.S.
  • May 22, 2015-we went on vacation together and signed our I-129F docs
  • May 27, 2015-submitted I-129F
  • May 28, 2015-I-129F received in Texas lockbox
  • June 1, 2015-NOA1 received at CSC (email & text) :dancing:
  • June 2, 2015-check cashed
  • June 5, 2015-NOA1 letter received
  • July 10, 2015-NOA2 (updated on USCIS case tracker app) :dancing:
  • July 20, 2015-NOA2 letter received
  • July 28, 2015- Got case #!! :idea:
  • July 31,2015 Case left NVC
  • August 10, 2015 Case at embassy
  • August 14, 2015 Case "ready"
  • October: Fiance decided he was too afraid to move so he broke up with me :crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Do you have someone who can pick up your mail while you are gone and tell you what the RFE says? If it is something that requires her signature, you could get it while you are there visiting. Also, there is a time limit on how long you have to respond to the RFE, so if it is for anything that takes time to get, you will want to get started right away. Once you reply with what they are asking for, you should have your NOA2 pretty quickly. Good luck!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry you got an RFE. But make sure you take out all your identifying information in this doc. Lot of crazies out there.

Hang in there. We all feel your pain.

:thumbs: Agreed! Be careful about sharing personal information like this!

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.