soncrazed

Scheduling Interviews Question

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

Our case has been expedited and everything has been completed up until the part for the interview (medical & interview), except DS-260 (along with the masses, right?). Do we schedule our interview or they send us an email with a date? Someone else on here (sorry I forget the name), that they scheduled through a specific website but it was not an official government site & it did not seem to list our specific embassy as an option. Please let me know. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

your case is at NVC. NVC will schedule the interview after your case is complete at NVC. You should send the IV Packet (unless you already did with the AOS packet). I sent both the packets at the same time. Depending on the wait, they will review your documents and complete the case. After the case is complete, they will send it to the Embassy. USCIS expedite doesn't mean expedite at NVC. The Embassy can expedite the case (if you request NVC for expedite and the Embassy approves the expedite - you will have to file for expedite again).

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

The expedite has been granted through NVC. All of our financial documents, etc have already been sent off. Only thing lacking is the DS-260. It is like all the "steps" we must do are backwards. I did talk to someone at NVC yesterday & was told they should be sending the expedite within 48 hours to the embassy, but I know not having the DS-260 will be an issue. So you say I also need to request an expedite from the embassy? We need to be in the states before August 24 and I am getting nervous. Thanks for replying!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If the expedite has happened and they send the documents to the embassy. you will most probably wait for the embassy to contact you or your spouse. And be ready with all the information. My expedite was through USCIS and didn't go through NVC. I know for sure if they send your document to the embassy - the embassy should contact you (you could write the embassy also) for next steps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.