dhenz91

CSPA / F2A Category / Immigrant Visa / Aging out - MyVisaJourney

34 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

CSPA / F2A Category / Immigrant Visa / Aging out

Hello fellow applicants :) I would like to share my story, thought this could give you some ideas of the long and confusing process with USCIS. lol. Especially when you aged out, which was my case, and then when you had conflicts with your papers. hahaha. I thought I wouldn’t be able to get here ^^
Hi, I’m a 20 years old applicant. Both my parents are Lawful Permanent Residents of US (LPRs), and my mom petitioned my when i was 20 years and 6 months old (mined that you’ll aged out at 21 years old). I already aged out and my petition was only approved when I was already 21 years old. Will I still go through F2A category even if I aged out? I though so, but I didn’t. My petition was approved when I was almost 22 years old. I felt so hopeless that I thought I’m gonna fall under F2B (which could take another 10 years more and have to stay UNMARRIED. lol.). So my mom sought an immigration attorney that can help us with our case since there is this law that protects the child status because of some delayed process in the immigration, which is the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA). My mom went to this famous attorney whom they always see in the television (TFC channel for pinoy), Atty. Gurfinkel, but the fee is $18,000.00!!! (WHAAT?) That’s almost a million peso in the Philippines. And what if we pay that but in the end I wasn’t qualified for the CSPA? lol. What a waste. And they were even asking if what course did I graduated and when they knew that I was an RN, they said I could just pay it off when I get here. WHAT THE?? I haven’t stepped on US territory yet I have debts to pay already?? and it’s an $18,000.00.. NO WAY!!!
So someone gave us a hand of one attorney that she knows who could help us and doesn’t cost as much as what the previous attorney gave us.So we went to this other attorney that was referred to us and it only cost us $2000+ for everything. Thank GOD! So Atty took over the process and he determined that I qualified for the CSPA and that my CSPA aged will be like around 20.5 years old even when I was already 22 years old at that time.. And I have to apply for visa right away since the CSPA is only valid for 1 year I think.
I forgot to tell you the hassles of my petition. lol. YES, i have a lot. When I was born in the hospital, the social worker didn’t register me to the civil registrar, so I was late registered for 2 years. And when I was registered?? My gender was a male. WHUT? Yes, and I am a girl. So I had to dig all paper works that would indicate that I’m a girl including school papers from elementary, high school, college, my PRC application, hospital records, immunization record, and I even have to track down that OB-GYN who handled the delivery for my mom who is already RETIRED. i went to their home and I asked for a certification that I really was a firl when I was born and then I showed her a copy of the hospital records that I took copy too. She signed it, I paid her. Done. And the last thing is DNA Test(I forgot how much the DNA testing was), yes, I still have to go through DNA test to make sure that I really was my parents’ daughter that was late registered as a boy and now claiming as a girl. I also had to get lots of proofs like medical certificates and all to prove that I really am a girl (and NOT a transgender. hahaha. Lol) I also had to attend hearings in the court and that was my first time to get to a court and I felt like I’m a criminal with this raise-your-hand-and-repeat-after-me thingy and so help me God. WHOAA. And I have to have my name published on newspapers too to show that I did some corrections on my gender in public. And yeah, I paid 24,000PHP for the Gender correction of my NSO Live Birth Certificate last 2010, coz that time, these things weren’t free yet. Unlike now you can change it free of charge :/
Well, yeah, so I got my interview appointment at the US Embassy when I was 22 years and 10 months old, after 1 month I got my Visa packet and the next day i flew to US :))
YEEEYYY!!! HAPPY me. After 3 days stay in the US, we went to the Social Administration to get my SSN (coz we usually get it in the mails after 2 weeks).
Now I think the trouble with all my papers doesn’t end there, it has been 2 months already and I still ahven’t received my greencard. OH NO! 4 months, still nothing. So my atty made a follow up and y greencard status was like in error or was lost in the mail or was sent to the wrong address. GOSH!> When will this end? So we applied for I-90 for the replacement of card ad will takr like 6 months more and they have this priority date thingy too. :( (this makes me mad)
And after 5months of stay, I aso took the driving test and passed. It’s been 6weeks already and I haven’t receive my license card and when I called they are asking ofr a legal presence document which should be my greencard. Good thing I have my I-551 and that’s what I used to serve as my legal presence. Why are these documents issues happening to me?? GOSH! Hope everything will be over soon.
Truly yours,
-dhenz

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well some people are damn fortunate with paperwork where others have streak of bad luck. One more huddle is citizenship. After that say goodbye to paperworks(unless get married to foreign spouse then in laws, their kids, other relatives.) 6 weeks for driving license is crazy because in my state you get it within 1 hour. Best of luck with future paperworks.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello fellow applicants :) I would like to share my story, thought this could give you some ideas of the long and confusing process with USCIS. lol. Especially when you aged out, which was my case, and then when you had conflicts with your papers. hahaha. I thought I wouldnt be able to get here ^^

Hi, Im a 20 years old applicant. Both my parents are Lawful Permanent Residents of US (LPRs), and my mom petitioned my when i was 20 years and 6 months old (mined that youll aged out at 21 years old). I already aged out and my petition was only approved when I was already 21 years old. Will I still go through F2A category even if I aged out? I though so, but I didnt. My petition was approved when I was almost 22 years old. I felt so hopeless that I thought Im gonna fall under F2B (which could take another 10 years more and have to stay UNMARRIED. lol.). So my mom sought an immigration attorney that can help us with our case since there is this law that protects the child status because of some delayed process in the immigration, which is the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA). My mom went to this famous attorney whom they always see in the television (TFC channel for pinoy), Atty. Gurfinkel, but the fee is $18,000.00!!! (WHAAT?) Thats almost a million peso in the Philippines. And what if we pay that but in the end I wasnt qualified for the CSPA? lol. What a waste. And they were even asking if what course did I graduated and when they knew that I was an RN, they said I could just pay it off when I get here. WHAT THE?? I havent stepped on US territory yet I have debts to pay already?? and its an $18,000.00.. NO WAY!!!

So someone gave us a hand of one attorney that she knows who could help us and doesnt cost as much as what the previous attorney gave us.So we went to this other attorney that was referred to us and it only cost us $2000+ for everything. Thank GOD! So Atty took over the process and he determined that I qualified for the CSPA and that my CSPA aged will be like around 20.5 years old even when I was already 22 years old at that time.. And I have to apply for visa right away since the CSPA is only valid for 1 year I think.

I forgot to tell you the hassles of my petition. lol. YES, i have a lot. When I was born in the hospital, the social worker didnt register me to the civil registrar, so I was late registered for 2 years. And when I was registered?? My gender was a male. WHUT? Yes, and I am a girl. So I had to dig all paper works that would indicate that Im a girl including school papers from elementary, high school, college, my PRC application, hospital records, immunization record, and I even have to track down that OB-GYN who handled the delivery for my mom who is already RETIRED. i went to their home and I asked for a certification that I really was a firl when I was born and then I showed her a copy of the hospital records that I took copy too. She signed it, I paid her. Done. And the last thing is DNA Test(I forgot how much the DNA testing was), yes, I still have to go through DNA test to make sure that I really was my parents daughter that was late registered as a boy and now claiming as a girl. I also had to get lots of proofs like medical certificates and all to prove that I really am a girl (and NOT a transgender. hahaha. Lol) I also had to attend hearings in the court and that was my first time to get to a court and I felt like Im a criminal with this raise-your-hand-and-repeat-after-me thingy and so help me God. WHOAA. And I have to have my name published on newspapers too to show that I did some corrections on my gender in public. And yeah, I paid 24,000PHP for the Gender correction of my NSO Live Birth Certificate last 2010, coz that time, these things werent free yet. Unlike now you can change it free of charge :/

Well, yeah, so I got my interview appointment at the US Embassy when I was 22 years and 10 months old, after 1 month I got my Visa packet and the next day i flew to US :))

YEEEYYY!!! HAPPY me. After 3 days stay in the US, we went to the Social Administration to get my SSN (coz we usually get it in the mails after 2 weeks).

Now I think the trouble with all my papers doesnt end there, it has been 2 months already and I still ahvent received my greencard. OH NO! 4 months, still nothing. So my atty made a follow up and y greencard status was like in error or was lost in the mail or was sent to the wrong address. GOSH!> When will this end? So we applied for I-90 for the replacement of card ad will takr like 6 months more and they have this priority date thingy too. :( (this makes me mad)

And after 5months of stay, I aso took the driving test and passed. Its been 6weeks already and I havent receive my license card and when I called they are asking ofr a legal presence document which should be my greencard. Good thing I have my I-551 and thats what I used to serve as my legal presence. Why are these documents issues happening to me?? GOSH! Hope everything will be over soon.

Truly yours,

-dhenz

May i ask what lawyer you used for 2000. My son is in same situation

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Or you could just google CSPA Calculator for free.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

May i ask what lawyer you used for 2000. My son is in same situation

Where are u located? Coz he's in Glendale California. His name is Atty. Louie Ramirez, phone # 1 (818) 243-3318.

The price could be case basis. You can ask them though. Hope you could get your kid with u too. God bless u.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Where are u located? Coz he's in Glendale California. His name is Atty. Louie Ramirez, phone # 1 (818) 243-3318.

The price could be case basis. You can ask them though. Hope you could get your kid with u too. God bless u.

thank you, im in texas but inhope he can help me, my case for my son is just waiting for appt at embassy but unfortunately my son turned 21 in april, a few weeks after i submitted aos and fee and iv and fees, we got a letter it was in review allow 60 days,,not heard since april 15,2015

Timeline

thank you, im in texas but inhope he can help me, my case for my son is just waiting for appt at embassy but unfortunately my son turned 21 in april, a few weeks after i submitted aos and fee and iv and fees, we got a letter it was in review allow 60 days,,not heard since april 15,2015

I think you'll have to seek an immigration lawyer. Coz when a child ages out, you would need to make a request or submit something that would request a child status protection for your kid. I'm not sure how they call that. That's just what I think. So that they will use your kid's CSPA age and not the current age. If the petition was approved before he got 21 years, you got a high chance for a CSPA protection. Mine was approved when I was past my 21st year. It was difficult. Hope yours is not. God bless

Well some people are damn fortunate with paperwork where others have streak of bad luck. One more huddle is citizenship. After that say goodbye to paperworks(unless get married to foreign spouse then in laws, their kids, other relatives.) 6 weeks for driving license is crazy because in my state you get it within 1 hour. Best of luck with future paperworks.

I know right :( and when I called them and sent them ((this was 5 months waiting already)) a proof of my legal presence, they told that I would have to wait another 3 weeks to receive my card license.

Timeline

VJ has a stickie on CSPA, it is not exactly hard to work out your modified CSPA age.

Usually a Consulate will be ahead of you in doing it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

May I know your details of your journey. Your date of birth, approval date of petition, visa becomes available, and your priority date? Coz my age out too but when im calculating it to the google calculator cspa is not applicable with my case tnx :)

Hello fellow applicants :) I would like to share my story, thought this could give you some ideas of the long and confusing process with USCIS. lol. Especially when you aged out, which was my case, and then when you had conflicts with your papers. hahaha. I thought I wouldnt be able to get here ^^

Hi, Im a 20 years old applicant. Both my parents are Lawful Permanent Residents of US (LPRs), and my mom petitioned my when i was 20 years and 6 months old (mined that youll aged out at 21 years old). I already aged out and my petition was only approved when I was already 21 years old. Will I still go through F2A category even if I aged out? I though so, but I didnt. My petition was approved when I was almost 22 years old. I felt so hopeless that I thought Im gonna fall under F2B (which could take another 10 years more and have to stay UNMARRIED. lol.). So my mom sought an immigration attorney that can help us with our case since there is this law that protects the child status because of some delayed process in the immigration, which is the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA). My mom went to this famous attorney whom they always see in the television (TFC channel for pinoy), Atty. Gurfinkel, but the fee is $18,000.00!!! (WHAAT?) Thats almost a million peso in the Philippines. And what if we pay that but in the end I wasnt qualified for the CSPA? lol. What a waste. And they were even asking if what course did I graduated and when they knew that I was an RN, they said I could just pay it off when I get here. WHAT THE?? I havent stepped on US territory yet I have debts to pay already?? and its an $18,000.00.. NO WAY!!!

So someone gave us a hand of one attorney that she knows who could help us and doesnt cost as much as what the previous attorney gave us.So we went to this other attorney that was referred to us and it only cost us $2000+ for everything. Thank GOD! So Atty took over the process and he determined that I qualified for the CSPA and that my CSPA aged will be like around 20.5 years old even when I was already 22 years old at that time.. And I have to apply for visa right away since the CSPA is only valid for 1 year I think.

I forgot to tell you the hassles of my petition. lol. YES, i have a lot. When I was born in the hospital, the social worker didnt register me to the civil registrar, so I was late registered for 2 years. And when I was registered?? My gender was a male. WHUT? Yes, and I am a girl. So I had to dig all paper works that would indicate that Im a girl including school papers from elementary, high school, college, my PRC application, hospital records, immunization record, and I even have to track down that OB-GYN who handled the delivery for my mom who is already RETIRED. i went to their home and I asked for a certification that I really was a firl when I was born and then I showed her a copy of the hospital records that I took copy too. She signed it, I paid her. Done. And the last thing is DNA Test(I forgot how much the DNA testing was), yes, I still have to go through DNA test to make sure that I really was my parents daughter that was late registered as a boy and now claiming as a girl. I also had to get lots of proofs like medical certificates and all to prove that I really am a girl (and NOT a transgender. hahaha. Lol) I also had to attend hearings in the court and that was my first time to get to a court and I felt like Im a criminal with this raise-your-hand-and-repeat-after-me thingy and so help me God. WHOAA. And I have to have my name published on newspapers too to show that I did some corrections on my gender in public. And yeah, I paid 24,000PHP for the Gender correction of my NSO Live Birth Certificate last 2010, coz that time, these things werent free yet. Unlike now you can change it free of charge :/

Now I think the trouble with all my papers doesnt end there, it has been 2 months already and I still ahvent received my greencard. OH NO! 4 months, still nothing. So my atty made a follow up and y greencard status was like in error or was lost in the mail or was sent to the wrong address. GOSH!> When will this end? So we applied for I-90 for the replacement of card ad will takr like 6 months more and they have this priority date thingy too. :( (this makes me mad)

And after 5months of stay, I aso took the driving test and passed. Its been 6weeks already and I havent receive my license card and when I called they are asking ofr a legal presence document which should be my greencard. Good thing I have my I-551 and thats what I used to serve as my legal presence. Why are these documents issues happening to me?? GOSH! Hope everything will be over soon.

Truly yours,

-dhenz

Timeline

My priority date was june 2012 and I was 20 years and 7 months old then.. I forgot when mu case got current but my petition got approved on November 2013.. I know it got current months before it got approved coz they asked for more supporting documents coz my live birth certificate was late registered and was registered as male in error.. And then i had to go through DNA test too last October 2013 and got approved the next month.. We then applied for visa january 2014.. My Appointment for interview was Sept.9, 2014.. I got my visa october 2014 and flew right away to US..

My CSPA age was 20.89.. BTW, when I aged out, we hired a lawyer right away coz we weren't sure how to deal with CSPA.. Coz I already spent a lot of days reading blogs in google regarding CSPA and when I calculate it myself, my case wouldn't be applicable for CSPA.. I actually did lost hope that time.. But my lawyer guaranteed that my case can be applied to CSPA.. So we lefg it all to him..

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I'm also F2A my priority date is Sept 4,2014. I was petitioned when I was 20 and 7 months old. Then my I-130 just got approved on 2015 May 22. (8months) Then I called NVC for my CASE# and Invoice# on 2015 July 29 they gave me both but they haven't said anything about me being aged out and will be move to F2B and take note they also ask my birthdate. Then when I check my case on NVC it's not yet eligible for further processing. So my concern is should we ask NVC if I am applicable for CSPA or should we hire a lawyer as soon as possible or just wait?

Timeline

The dates are the dates, nothing a lawyer can do.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The dates are the dates, nothing a lawyer can do.

Have you read the topic of dhenz sir? Then why should they hired a lawyer? I'm talking about what move we will do to know if we are applicable or what.

Timeline

I did and replied.

This is a diy site but there are occasions where I would always recommend legal guidance.

Some people prefer to use a lawyer no matter what, their choice, their money.

Timeline

I am not very well knowledgeable with immigration process really. Probably mine was just pure luck, coz USCIS wasn't able to approved my petition right away because of some discrepancies on my live birth, that took them really long to approve my petition, and that length of delay really helped me a lot with my CSPA age. It took them 15 months to approve my petition.

My Priority Date was June 2012.

My petition got approved November 2013.

We applied for visa on January 2014.

I got my appointment with US embassy on Sept. 9, 2014.

Came to US October 2014.

Its just unfortunate really those whose application were approved right away. I think.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.