beppykins

Is tax return transcript absolutely necessary for the interview?

38 posts in this topic

I'm not being slow or doing anything wrong. I legitimately cannot get a transcript. This is what I get when I try online to order it by mail (I JUST did this, it's a screenshot from my device):

http://imgur.com/mDzpy4Q

When I try over the phone it tells me the exact same thing.

It's clearly not available so why do you keep trying? Maybe they are reviewing your return. Maybe it's flagged for audit. The first time I ordered by mail in (in the month of April) , I received two and a note saying it was estimated that the third one would not be available until November. Other people had received theirs. Sometimes they just aren't able to provide it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's clearly not available so why do you keep trying? Maybe they are reviewing your return. Maybe it's flagged for audit. The first time I ordered by mail in (in the month of April) , I received two and a note saying it was estimated that the third one would not be available until November. Other people had received theirs. Sometimes they just aren't able to provide it.

I just did that to provide proof that it is not working for me, since so many people don't seem to be believing me or thinking I'm just doing the wrong thing. They keep saying "its working" so I try in hopes that maybe it is. Why wouldn't I??

I reviewed mine in mid May when their online service was working, so I know that it's complete and viewable, they just aren't letting me receive it now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I agree that you don't need it for your interview and your 1040 + W2 will be just fine. Were I you though, I'd probably keep at the IRS to determine why they won't send you your return. I remember when I was very young, the IRS lost my parent's return and they had to go thru many hoops to prove the filed and if fact got a refund. I would hate to see anyone go thru something like that. nonetheless though you'll be fine with copies of the actual return.

My husband applied to get if and it took him only 5-10 days . How come it take u 2 months ?? omg !

Every tax situation is different. Yours was readily available. Some aren't. Some get lost.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Interesting. I just picked up the phone and called 1-800-908-9946.

My 2013 and 2014 tax return transcripts "should arrive within 5 to 10 days" according to the robot. Will see if they arrive.

Lots of talking but the basic action prompts were

1) Enter SSN

2) Enter house number of address on the filed return. (what address did Dad use for you?)

3) Enter 2 to order a tax return transcript.

4) Enter 2014 to order 2014 transcript

5) Enter 2 to order same thing for a different year

6) Enter 2013

And there were a few "Enter 1 if this is correct" splashed in there.

Follow up to the phone order experiment. The transcripts arrived June 29. Five days.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

BTW They didn't ask my fiance to see anything about my taxes during the interview. However, I did end up getting my return transcript. I had to mail in that request and it came in the mail about three weeks later. What a hassle. At least we have it now for the AOS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.