wilfried

spend less than a month with wife and things went bad

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Another :bonk: . To the OP, as long as your marriage was real there is absolutely nothing to worry about. The two cents being thrown at you on here are all personal opinions that have zero influence on USCIS. The reason why interviews are conducted is to give a chance for the applicant with less to no evidence to prove him/her self with a direct face to face interview with the IO. If the IO is not convinced with the interview, they will review your case and if they are not satisfied they will send you another interview letter for a final decision. It doesn't stop there you can still prove your self in front of an IJ for a final decision. Anddddd while waiting you can also deal with BIA( Board of Immigration Appeals).

By the way, your case would be stronger if a competent lawyer is hired to help you with your case.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All of the responses here is only personal opinion... If you were found to have entered the marriage in good faith but the wife divorced you upon arrival without any fault of yours, USCIS will look at your circumstances before reaching a decision... None of us here in this forum have the right to make any such decision on your case... This is not a k-1 process where you have to marry within 90 days otherwise you leave.... In fact, gather all the proofs from the very beginning of your relationship up until the divorce... Your ex also admitted in writing that she put you through hardship and that's a very strong evidence provided you are able to write a very well detail affidavit of your relationship... Never listen to naysayers when they don't have the power to control or influence the decision on your case. Good luck!

i agree with you fully. and send in that letter she wrote him. and i would write a detailed letter explaining the circumstances

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Timeline

While congress setting up the evidence rule for the purpose of removal of condition, also grants USCIS the discretionary powers to handle the cases... You're just untrained, or inexperience just as Iam when it comes to handling immigration cases... All you can rely on is your own personal experience and what experience others have to share... Immigration is a complex matter and anyone prejudging someone will be appoved or denied is only offering a speculative conclusion which is not binding in any way... As a matter of fact, every case is dealt with uniquely so, it is premature to bluntly adviced the OP that he will be denied or approved at this time. The truth of the matter iss that he has to prove the bona fide of his marriage in a convincing way based on his unique situation...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

i filed it married filling separately, i still have bus ticket that we purchased to travel on her court day. im still talking with her on a regular basis.

she send me a letter to present to the immigration officer in which, she stated that we were married for three years but things didnt work out.

the first letter that i mentioned in my first topic here was an apology letter she send to me. may be this second letter can help too. for the affidavit im trying to contact one of her friend who knows our relation well to see if she can send me one(but her friend number is not going throught).

she always oppose any idea to share account but she will ask me money and i will support her. when she first move to the new city, our communication was good the first two months. but things started going wrong when i ask to visit her. she gave me an excuse that i strictly desagree with. she said her friend could not allow me to visit her. i offer her that i will come and stay to the hotel for a night, she told me about her schedule that is so tie. i started imagine that she found a boyfriend. when she found a new appartment she accept me to visit her. i went there i spent a night but she was oppose to the idea that i should relocate immediatly. she will always tell me that she have been single for so long and she is having hard time to manage this new life. we are still talking but just that at this point i really dont have enought evidence of financial commitment, joint lease, jointly filed tax return.

1. This is among the most reckless advice ever given on VJ. If they have little-to-no evidence to submit, then the adjudicator's mind might be 99.44% made up in advance.

2. If their marriage was real and there's absolutely nothing to worry about, why should they need any lawyer, competent or otherwise?

You are really good with editing :rofl::rofl: and giving a baseless two cents. No worries I understand your age is catching up to you. I am glad the OP is putting his evidence together and not worrying about the " go back home" replies.

Come back when you get approved

1. I think he has way more experience in this subject than you have.

2. Do you think that personal attacks against a moderator is such a smart move?

3. OP needs to convince the person who's going to review his case. They don't care about emotions, they want fact. That's just how it is.

The guy said 99.44% that the adjudicator make their mind up on cases :rofl::rofl: I have no idea where he pull that out from. The "go back home" and "you will be flat out denied" replies are just so ridiculous. I hope in Jesus name the OP doesn't pay attention to some of the replies on here.

Yours chief amongst them. What you've said is flat-out dangerous, and reflects a fundamental lack of understanding of USCIS policies.

You my friend called for his "return." so its only fair to say what you've said is flat-out misleading, dangerous, obnoxious and reflects a fundamental lack of understanding of USCIS policies.

You need to give BACK your moderator licence

Oh my word. I'm not a moderator. TBone is.

I'm done here. This is like arguing with a wall.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You my friend called for his "return." so its only fair to say what you've said is flat-out misleading, dangerous, obnoxious and reflects a fundamental lack of understanding of USCIS policies.

You need to give BACK your moderator licence

You're not even making sense anymore. Who has returned?

I'm done here. This is like arguing with a wall.

100% agree.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed along with one member's access to this thread for creating drama.
additional admin action has been taken.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• 8 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hi guys, I went for my interview few days ago. The io just kept telling me that he understand that things happen in many relation. But he ask me more questions about my first mariage in another country. At the end of the interview he gave me back my expired green card and stamp my passport for another one year. He kept with him the 2 passport photo Id that I brought. Pls share your opinion with me. Is this a good or bad sign. Thank you all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.