wantmybaby

Reporting marriage to Philippine government?

22 posts in this topic

Just a FYI, You don't have to report you marriage to Philippines, It is not required...

Absolutely,

But the OP's wife's PHL Passport is expiring and wants the new one in her married name.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi :)

Hi Hank :):)

Actually, I was not able to report our marriage yet (4 months after getting married) and we're now living here in MA so I'm looking for threads about ROM. Here's what I saw on the Philippine Consulate in NY and I think this would be the rules applied to those living in New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusett, Delaware, Vermont, Maine, and Rhode Island. (PCGNY jurisdiction) - http://www.newyorkpcg.org/the-consulate/our-services/civil-registry/report-of-marriage

BASIC REQUIREMENTS
Four (4) original duly accomplished Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad form signed by the husband and wife;
Four (4) identical passport-size colored photographs for each of the spouses in white or royal blue background taken within the last six months;
One (1) original and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate or Record showing the number of marriages contracted by the parties and issued by the Office of the Vital Records or any other appropriate office of the State where the marriage took place. If the number of contracted marriages do not show, one certified copy and two regular copies of the marriage license showing the number of marriage must be additionally submitted;
If the former spouse is deceased, one (1) original/certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the death certificate and the marriage certificate with the deceased spouse;
If divorced/previous marriage is annulled by a foreign court, the foreign judgement must be recognized by a Philippine Court. Present one (1) original and four (4) copies of the Annotated Marriage Certificate issued by the NSO;
If previous marrige is annulled in the Philippines, present one (1) original and four (4) copies of the final order issued by the Philippine RTC and one (1) original and four (4) copies of the Annotated Marriage Certificate issued by the NSO;
One (1) original/certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of currently valid passport or State-issued driver license of the contracting parties;
Payment of non-refundable processing fee of US$25.00 (if applying by mail, only money order, certified or cashier’s check payable to the Philippine Consulate General New York; personal check is not accepted);
If application for report is filed more than 30 days after the date of marriage, an original and four (4) photocopies of the Notarized Affidavit of Explanation for delayed registration by the applicants;
The Consular Officer may require additional proof or documents from the applicant/s to determine their citizenship, identity or eligibility for registration of marriage under Philippine laws.
Oh well, I need to write an explanation for delayed registration :oops:

Just an FYI - you must file your Report of Marriage with the consulate that represents the state in which you were married. So you have to complete ROM through the LA consulate.

We didn't file our ROM until 8 months later... no letter of explanation, no issues.

You will complete the passport renewal at the consulate that represents the state where you live currently

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Just an FYI - you must file your Report of Marriage with the consulate that represents the state in which you were married. So you have to complete ROM through the LA consulate.

We didn't file our ROM until 8 months later... no letter of explanation, no issues.

You will complete the passport renewal at the consulate that represents the state where you live currently

Hi Hank :) And thank you so much for the advises you're such a great help!!! :) Okay , I will file my ROM at LA Consulate and renew my passport here in NY consulate. Whew!!! What a relief on hearing this :idea:

Happy Independence day to you all. Cheers! :dance:

710-23-2014 - K1 interview (Phils): Approved
10-31-2014 - K1 Visa received
01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
03-20-2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Submission (day 0) ** date I submitted ***
03-24-2015 - NOA1 received (day 4)
03-27-2015 - NOA1 hard copies received (day 7)
04-06-2015 - Biometrics letter hard copy received (day 17)
04-16-2015 - Biometrics Appointment (day 27)
05-01-2015 - USCIS changed to Interview is scheduled (day 42)
05-06-2015 - Hardcopy of interview notice received ( I-797 C, NOA) (day 46)
06-02-2015- Conditional GC got approved (day 82) 
06-08-2015- Hard copy of Welcome notice received via mail (day 88)
06-10-2015- Actual GC received via mail  (day 90)
ROC
4/06/17 - Sent package (day 0)
4/7/17 -  USCIS received package (day 1) NOA date
4/14/17 - check encashed (day 😎
4/15/17 - NOA 1 received (day 9)
4/22/17 - Biometrics notice date (day 16)
4/29/17 - Biometrics notice letter received (day 23)
5/9/17 - Biometrics done (day 33)
3/19/18 - Case approved
3/23/18 - Approval letter received
4/6/18 - Actual 10-yr GC received 
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - filed N400 online (Friday) (day 0)
4/27/18 - paid/payment received (day 0)
4/27/18 - NOA date
5/21/18 - Biometrics done
7/25/18 - Interview letter date
8/31/18 - Scheduled interview. Got approved!
9/20/18 - Naturalization ceremony in Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA

"Seasons of waiting are designed to prepare you, stretch your faith, and get you ready for everything that's coming next" - curiano quotes life

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the forms on the consulate website are what you use, make 4 copies with original signatures.

SASE Self Addressed Stamped Envelope Then send you a copy of the ROM form stamped with recording data from recording your marriage at NSO.

After you were married your state doesn't want you to bring the signed marriage contract into the county recorder (or such for your state)?

Hi Hank,

Good day to you!

Glad I found this subject about ROM. A friend of mine shared the link below, a Consular Outreach. This may help for those who don't want to travel or send their applications.

Questions for you Hank, inputs in RED below. Thanks in advance… cheers!

http://philippinessanfrancisco.org/philippines-sf/consular-outreach-sf

• Report of Marriage: Marriages between a Filipino and a foreigner must be reported/registered with the Philippine National Statistics Office through the Consulate General. Seehttp://www.philippinessanfrancisco.org/uploads/pdfs/Report%20of%20Marriage.pdf. This is needed if you wish to apply for a passport using/indicating your husband’s surname for the first time (female applicants married to foreigners). Please prepare 5 sets of the Report of Marriage form with the required documents. Fee is $25. (Note: Marriages which occurred in Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Northern California, Northern Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington State and Wyoming can be registered with the Philippine Consulate General in San Francisco. For states not mentioned, please check www.philippinessanfrancisco.org/philippines-sf/consulate-finder-sf to check which Philippine Consulate General covers that state.)

For more detailed instructions, http://philippinessanfrancisco.org/uploads/files/Consular%20Info%20Brochure%2003.17.15%20COW%20printout%20version.pdf

Reporting a Marriage Contracted Outside the Philippines

(between Filipinos or a Filipino and a Foreign National)

Requirements

■ Five (5) original duly-accomplished Report of Marriage (ROM) Contracted Abroad form, signed by both husband and wife.<<< Should I use my signature in my MARRIED NAME? Wives should use their maiden name in filling out the ROM form<<<< because here its says in filling out a ROM my Maiden name is used not my married name. Spouses should also use their age at the time of marriage, not their current age at the time of filing the ROM. If submitting by mail, the completed forms must be notarized.

■ One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) copies of the Marriage

■ Certificate or Contract (original will be returned).

■ Five (5) copies of a government-issued identification cards or passport of both husband and wife.

■ Five (5) photocopies of Philippine birth certificate of Filipino spouse.

■ Self-addressed return envelope, with appropriate stamps for express or priority mail with tracking numbers via US Postal Service, or with pre-paid mailing envelope from private courier of choice, if Report of Marriage is to be mailed back.

■ Processing fee of $25.00 non-refundable, payable in cash, or money order, bank draft, certified check or cashier’s check. Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.

IF FILIPINO SPOUSE WAS PREVIOUSLY MARRIED AND DIVORCED, OR PREVIOUSLY MARRIED AND MARRIAGE WAS SUBSEQUENTLY ANNULLED

 If divorced/previous marriage is annulled by a foreign court, the foreign judgement must be recognized by a Philippine Court. Present one (1) original and five (5) copies of the Annotated Marriage Certificate issued by the NSO.

 If previous marriage is annulled in the Philippines, present one (1) original and five (5) copies of the final order issued by the Philippine RTC and one (1) original and five (5) copies of the Annotated Marriage Certificate issued by the NSO.

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Hank,

Good day to you!

Glad I found this subject about ROM. A friend of mine shared the link below, a Consular Outreach. This may help for those who don't want to travel or send their applications.

Questions for you Hank, inputs in RED below. Thanks in advance… cheers!

http://philippinessanfrancisco.org/philippines-sf/consular-outreach-sf

• Report of Marriage: Marriages between a Filipino and a foreigner must be reported/registered with the Philippine National Statistics Office through the Consulate General. Seehttp://www.philippinessanfrancisco.org/uploads/pdfs/Report%20of%20Marriage.pdf. This is needed if you wish to apply for a passport using/indicating your husband’s surname for the first time (female applicants married to foreigners). Please prepare 5 sets of the Report of Marriage form with the required documents. Fee is $25. (Note: Marriages which occurred in Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Northern California, Northern Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington State and Wyoming can be registered with the Philippine Consulate General in San Francisco. For states not mentioned, please check www.philippinessanfrancisco.org/philippines-sf/consulate-finder-sf to check which Philippine Consulate General covers that state.)

For more detailed instructions, http://philippinessanfrancisco.org/uploads/files/Consular%20Info%20Brochure%2003.17.15%20COW%20printout%20version.pdf

Reporting a Marriage Contracted Outside the Philippines

(between Filipinos or a Filipino and a Foreign National)

Requirements

■ Five (5) original duly-accomplished Report of Marriage (ROM) Contracted Abroad form, signed by both husband and wife.<<< Should I use my signature in my MARRIED NAME? Wives should use their maiden name in filling out the ROM form<<<< because here its says in filling out a ROM my Maiden name is used not my married name. Spouses should also use their age at the time of marriage, not their current age at the time of filing the ROM. If submitting by mail, the completed forms must be notarized.

■ One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) copies of the Marriage

■ Certificate or Contract (original will be returned).

■ Five (5) copies of a government-issued identification cards or passport of both husband and wife.

■ Five (5) photocopies of Philippine birth certificate of Filipino spouse.

■ Self-addressed return envelope, with appropriate stamps for express or priority mail with tracking numbers via US Postal Service, or with pre-paid mailing envelope from private courier of choice, if Report of Marriage is to be mailed back.

■ Processing fee of $25.00 non-refundable, payable in cash, or money order, bank draft, certified check or cashier’s check. Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.

IF FILIPINO SPOUSE WAS PREVIOUSLY MARRIED AND DIVORCED, OR PREVIOUSLY MARRIED AND MARRIAGE WAS SUBSEQUENTLY ANNULLED

 If divorced/previous marriage is annulled by a foreign court, the foreign judgement must be recognized by a Philippine Court. Present one (1) original and five (5) copies of the Annotated Marriage Certificate issued by the NSO.

 If previous marriage is annulled in the Philippines, present one (1) original and five (5) copies of the final order issued by the Philippine RTC and one (1) original and five (5) copies of the Annotated Marriage Certificate issued by the NSO.

The forms are completed in the MAIDEN name just as stated on the forms, NOT married name. Her records at NSO (PSA) are all in her maiden name, the CENOMAR will be updated so they need the forms in her maiden name)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The forms are completed in the MAIDEN name just as stated on the forms, NOT married name. Her records at NSO (PSA) are all in her maiden name, the CENOMAR will be updated so they need the forms in her maiden name)

Thanks Hank!!!

I finally decided to send my ROM application at Phil.Con.Gen in San Francisco. I tried calling the consular here in Seattle but it was hard to get through to get an appointment.

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.