Optimistical

DS-261 and payment of IV and AOS fees done - questions about next steps

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I received IV and AOS invoices May 4 but to this day can't log into their online system due to the system problems we all probably know about.

I waited 5 weeks then finally did the DS-261 step by phone and paid IV and AOS fee by mail.

On June 21 I received emails from NVC saying they received my IV and AOS fees with document cover sheets to send in an info packet with financial docs and supporting docs.

I still cannot access the online system to fill out DS-260. (https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Default.aspx) I get the same login error that I've been getting for almost 2 months now. :(

How do I do the DS-260 step? I am preparing the packet to send in with tax returns, copy of my wife's passport, birth cert, marriage cert, etc. But the DS-260 part has me stumped.....it's an online only form and I can't login now for going on 2 months. I have no reason to think I'll be able to log in anytime this year to fill out DS-260. How can I proceed?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sadly there is no good answer to your question, you can call the other number for technical issues and tell them to give the IT guys your case but that won't do much either . There's nothing much you can do as like you said it's online and there's no way around it .

Can anyone else confirm this? I've read that for some people after 10 days, or 2 weeks or some amount of time the web site starts working. For me it's almost 2 months now. Literally there is no way forward other than wait for the web site to be fixed so I can fill out the DS-260?

I've no faith that the web site will ever be fixed for our case. I think it fell through a crack since I read of other people who are able to move forward in the system after a week or a few weeks wait.

Can someone PM me the phone number to call?

Thanks Tengling. So you got your invoice around early May like us and were able to pay and get confirmation that your payment was accepted and sent the packet in but are stuck at DS-260?

It sounds like we are in a very similar position. Please update this thread if you figure out anything on the DS-260 and I will as well.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

after we sent our money order, online works. however, we received confirmation of both order from NVC like three days after.

We mailed our package right after it, but system still shows PAY NOW, and not able to fill out DS260 just like everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.