ShivaniVivek

Thinking of transferring completed case from New Delhi to Mumbai

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello VJ members

SInce Delhi is taking soooooooo long to schedule interviews, is it wise to have NVC transfer the case to Mumbai now or should we just wait it out for Delhi.My wife lives in Delhi and will that have any bearing on the request if we decide to transfer the case.

Best regards
ShivaniVivek

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello VJ members

SInce Delhi is taking soooooooo long to schedule interviews, is it wise to have NVC transfer the case to Mumbai now or should we just wait it out for Delhi.My wife lives in Delhi and will that have any bearing on the request if we decide to transfer the case.

Best regards

ShivaniVivek

If you want to delay your case by 6 months, sure it is wise to transfer. Never ever try to change embassy unless emergency because case will be significantly delayed. What make you think Mumbai is any quicker than Delhi? I wish you all the best for interview.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Timeline

it is true that new Delhi is way slower than Mumbai. there are at least two people with case complete in April and they are still waiting to be scheduled for interview. but I agree with you it is a big hassle.

If you want to delay your case by 6 months, sure it is wise to transfer. Never ever try to change embassy unless emergency because case will be significantly delayed. What make you think Mumbai is any quicker than Delhi? I wish you all the best for interview.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am also going to be just patient and wait for New Delhi. I know our lives are on hold. but nothing we can do except being patient.

I am not sure if you are aware of this technical problems that affected several consulates. Their main server which scans all immigrant before issuing visa malfunctioned so about 35 consulates were not authorized to issue any visa this whole June. This created lot of problems and backlog in process for lot of people. Mumbai and Delhi both were on the list. Starting this week, they are clearing lots of files to normalize everything.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Timeline

this problem started on June 9th but New Delhi is already so slow. I know one vj member, her cc is April 30 and she is still waiting for the interview to be scheduled.

I am not sure if you are aware of this technical problems that affected several consulates. Their main server which scans all immigrant before issuing visa malfunctioned so about 35 consulates were not authorized to issue any visa this whole June. This created lot of problems and backlog in process for lot of people. Mumbai and Delhi both were on the list. Starting this week, they are clearing lots of files to normalize everything.

Timeline

I don't think it's wise to switch embassies lol I called and asked. I am hoping things will speed up soon. I am calling nvc right now to see if we have interview date cc April 30

Timeline

WOW..Thanks for all the great responses.

it is true that new Delhi is way slower than Mumbai. there are at least two people with case complete in April and they are still waiting to be scheduled for interview. but I agree with you it is a big hassle.

My CC is April 28 and am still waiting...but i guess we all have to wait some more.

Timeline

I don't think it's wise to switch embassies lol I called and asked. I am hoping things will speed up soon. I am calling nvc right now to see if we have interview date cc April 30

best of luck..i hope new Delhi wakes up and start working faster. our CC is June 18... so let's see when we get our interview date. God have mercy on us

• 1 month later...
Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone...!

My topic as per same.

My Visa Case Number NWD2005XXXXX my visa category F4 (Brother and Sister) nd my priority date is current (24 Jan,2003).

My question is how to transfer from New Delhi to Mumbai consular and how much time required for case transfer or step to step please provide process/suggestion.
my near of consular is Mumbai (i am from Gujarat) but my NVC case in New Delhi.

Regards,
Palkesh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.