SuzieQTpi

Montreal Consulate - Visa issue delays

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I emailed the consulate this morning asking if they had issued any immigration visas since the technical systems issue June 9/15 and they replied as follows...

My email to them...

Question: Is the consulate in Montreal issuing any immigrant visas since the 'Technical Systems Issue' that is still trying to be resolved?
Have any immigration visas been issued since June 9/15?

Their response

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email!

We cannot comment on the information below, please note that we are working hard to shorten applicant wait times due to the technical issues concerning visa issuance.

Best regards,

OP11
Correspondence Unit | Immigrant Visa
U.S. Consulate General in Montreal
Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

Timeline

The consulate in Montreal still hasn't bothered to update their info since June 15/15. Seriously?!?!?!

Possible Visa Services Interruption 15 June 2015

The Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with its visa systems. This issue is not specific to any particular country or visa category. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working urgently to correct the problem and restore full operability.

Currently, we are unable to print most immigrant and nonimmigrant visas approved after June 8, 2015. In addition, U.S. embassies and consulates are unable to process new applications submitted on or after June 9, 2015.Individuals with visa interview appointments scheduled for June 14-20, 2015, should reschedule their appointments if they submitted a DS-160 online application after June 9, 2015. Appointments can be rescheduled by following the instructions located on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/niv. Individuals who submitted their DS-160 online applications prior to June 9, 2015, should plan to attend their scheduled visa interview appointments. Those with urgent travel should follow the instructions for expedited emergency appointment found on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/niv.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think they have issued any visa from Montreal as yet I have two friends that are waiting along with myself ...

My interview was June 10 and the two were after me the last one was June 18 and her status is still saying ready even though it was approved just like mine....

I guess we just have to wait, I saw they have Toronto up and running today according to the travel state.gov website, you can get updates there, hopefully tomorrow they have Montreal up and running too, because Toronto don't handle immigrant visas

Timeline

The consulate in Montreal still hasn't bothered to update their info since June 15/15. Seriously?!?!?!

Possible Visa Services Interruption 15 June 2015

The Department of States Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with its visa systems. This issue is not specific to any particular country or visa category. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working urgently to correct the problem and restore full operability.

Currently, we are unable to print most immigrant and nonimmigrant visas approved after June 8, 2015. In addition, U.S. embassies and consulates are unable to process new applications submitted on or after June 9, 2015.Individuals with visa interview appointments scheduled for June 14-20, 2015, should reschedule their appointments if they submitted a DS-160 online application after June 9, 2015. Appointments can be rescheduled by following the instructions located on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/niv. Individuals who submitted their DS-160 online applications prior to June 9, 2015, should plan to attend their scheduled visa interview appointments. Those with urgent travel should follow the instructions for expedited emergency appointment found on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/niv.

You have to go to travel state .gov website for updates

Timeline

Hello everyone,

Please update us once you received your Loomis email. I am one of the IR1 beneficiary that had interview last June 18th (ceac still says "ready"). I would love to hear any progress at where Montreal is, in terms of printing/issuing approved immigrant visas. Thank you :):thumbs:

Timeline

Just got the email on Friday evening from Loomis saying they've picked up my package.

Interview May 20/15

got 221g - status AP

June 23 status update READY

June 25 status update ISSUED

June 26 email from Loomis and DoS saying package has been picked up

Timeline

Just got the email on Friday evening from Loomis saying they've picked up my package.

Interview May 20/15

got 221g - status AP

Congrats !!!!!!!

Timeline

Hello everyone,

Please update us once you received your Loomis email. I am one of the IR1 beneficiary that had interview last June 18th (ceac still says "ready"). I would love to hear any progress at where Montreal is, in terms of printing/issuing approved immigrant visas. Thank you :):thumbs:

I did my interview June 9 and my status was updated once on June 15, but still says ready...

My friend did her June 18 and hers is still saying ready.

Timeline

Interview May 20/15

got 221g - status AP

Congrats! Wheew can't believe they're back dated since May :clock::wacko: Just hoping Montreal also participated in working over the weekend to clear backlog. :)

I did my interview June 9 and my status was updated once on June 15, but still says ready...

My friend did her June 18 and hers is still saying ready.

Yeah even though mine was updated last June 25th it still says "ready" it actually is making me think I didn't attend my interview and what had happened last week was merely imagination :no::P:lol: anyhow I'm also using the waiting period to get the last "errands" done before the big move :D

Edited by jmboland

Timeline

I had my interview June 16th, yesterday I noticed that my status was changed to ISSUED but has a date of June 26th. I KNOW I was checking over weekend and it hadnt changed yet...

I have not got the email from Loomis for my passport yet which has me really worried!!

Timeline

I had my interview June 16th, yesterday I noticed that my status was changed to ISSUED but has a date of June 26th. I KNOW I was checking over weekend and it hadnt changed yet...

I have not got the email from Loomis for my passport yet which has me really worried!!

I just checked mine on ceacstattrack and it's "issued" (nothing changed in the us-visainfo website), however, I'm praying we'll receive the email from Loomis that states ready for pick up as soon as July 2nd (considering July 1st -- is a holiday for both Loomis/US Consulate). Hang in there. :):star::thumbs:

I just checked mine on ceacstattrack and it's "issued" (nothing changed in the us-visainfo website), however, I'm praying we'll receive the email from Loomis that states ready for pick up as soon as July 2nd (considering July 1st -- is a holiday for both Loomis/US Consulate). Hang in there. :):star::thumbs:

congrat!! I am waiting with baited breath :( this is the most frustrating of all the waits!!! mine was 17th june approved and status updated from

18th June to 25th June to 30th June -- all the time its READY......

now with two holidays this week don't think I will hear back this week.....still have hopes they do this tomorrow!!!

PS...I don't think they were working on that weekend on immigrant visas at least..... !!!

USCIS PROCESSING

Dec 15th 14 I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox
Dec 18th 14 Package received by USCIS - PRIORITY DATE
Dec 22nd 14 Received NOA1 - Sent to Vermont Service Center
Jan 14th 15 Received NOA2. Case Approved with no RFEs
..............................................................................................................................
NVC PROCESSING

Feb 20th 15 Case/IIN No assigned by NVC - allocated to Montreal Consulate
Feb 27TH 15 Received letter from NVC
Mar 1st 15 DS-261 Completed and submitted to NVC
Mar 10th 15 Paid AOS
Apr 3rd 15 Receive IV Bill + Paid IV Bill
Apr 8th 15 IV Fee left bank marked as paid
Apr 8th 15 DS-260 Completed
Apr 9th 15 Sent in IV & AOS packages
Apr 13th 15 Package delivered to NVC
Apr 13th 15 Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt - scan date
May 12th 15 Case Complete with NO Checklist (29 DAYS)
..............................................................................................................................
MONTREAL CONSULATE PROCESSING

May 15th 15 Case sent to Montreal embassy
May 27th 15 Medical in Toronto ,ON
Jun 17th 15 Interview Date in Montreal - APPROVED!!!!
Jul 2nd 15 ISSUED !!!! - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 6th 15 Visa in FINAL PROCESSING - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 8th 15 Email from Loomis/Waybill received
Jul 10th 15 Visa Received IN HAND!!!
Jul 13th 15 Point of Entry in Buffalo, NY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.