shinebright

Don't know what to do...

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

That sounds so horrible. :( Please make sure you're okay. You don't need to put up with this. As others posted above already: Call 911, gather your stuff and leave immediately. Hearing all this, I truly believe that things would get out of hand pretty quick.

Met in person: September 2013 :blush:

Started dating: November 2014 :wub:

Proposal: February 2015 (L)

Sent I-129F: March 2015 :luv:

NOA1 Date: 04/03/15 :dancing:

NOA2 Date: 08/10/15 :dance:

Package 3 received: 09/16/15 :idea:

Package 3 sent back: 09/21/15 :yes:

Medical completed: 09/22/15 :thumbs:

Package 4....?

Interview....? :clock:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Shinebright join the thread VAWA part 6 .There are hundreds of victims of DV there.

If you did not call the cops,go NOW to the police station to file a police report,go to the Court get a restraining order against him,but before going to the Court ask the cops to take you to a shelter for victims of domestic violence,pack one suitcase,all your documents, get a copy of his passport, take a picture if you don't have time to get a copy,get all bills you have in your name and his name,all documents you can and leave. DO NOT ANSWER HIS CALLS.ANYMORE, do not talk to his family or friends. You will have a good support with the shelter staff.

Please listen to this advice. Gather all documents and evidence while you still can, before he knows you're leaving. Please keep your mind strong now, you don't want to be in an even worse situation later. Call the police first before anything and see which resources they can provide you with.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Yes, it makes sense what you said. Makes me feel a little better.

Now, with the shelter being so close to the house he is going to see me walking to school or walking anywhere!! I would feel so paranoid. And what if he sees me and gets in a rage and tries to hurt me? I understand that a restraining order is needed but I feel like just leaving far away from him.

Maybe going to a shelter in a different city.

Please just go to the shelter closest to you that handles DV. Once you are safe inside explain to them the close proximity to your husband's house and ask them to find another shelter in there network to move you to. They have the resources to find you a safe place further away.

Just get out and go to the shelter. You will be safer there than you are spending another second in that home.

Edited by AverysMom

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Do NOT let him guilt you or trick you into not pressing charges. This is all too familiar "I respect your decision to do what you want" - acting subservient in a final hope you will stay.

There is NO excuse for physical abuse, emotional abuse, psychological abuse. Press charges and find some help through the shelter.

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The dog is ok, thank God. But I feel terrible for her :( that she had to experience all of this. Poor thing she is only 5 months old and was running all over not knowing what to do. I'm just glad it was a dog and not a child.

Do they even accept dogs at the shelter? I don't want to have to give her away :'(

Husband kept messaging me today telling me he's sorry but he's mostly sorry for "letting you get to me" good thing I now can see through all his bs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

My heart goes out to you miss, I'm so very sorry, not only for your present situation - but for your recent personal loss too. I'll have to say I agree with the good advice these people are giving you. Get out now, before you become a statistic. Do things legally, and seek the necessary legal advice, but do not telegraph your moves (warn him of what you will do).

Warning abusers is especially dangerous because they will view these things as a threat, and worst case, if he is bipolar, the rage will come bubbling up to the surface unexpectedly (as you are already aware). Please excuse me for saying this, but do not forgive. Too many sad stories in the news include such a detail. I can only wish you luck, and again, I'm so very sorry this is happening in what should be a wonderful story. Get yourself back on track as best you can, and you'll be stronger for enduring this experience.

2015-04-03: I-129F sent

2015-04-06: I-129F received

2015-04-15: NOA1 received

2015-05-21: RFE message received by email and text

2015-05-26: RFE hardcopy received

2015-05-27: RFE sent

2015-05-28: RFE received by CSC, status updated on USCIS website

2015-06-17: NOA2 message received by email

2015-06-22: NOA2 hardcopy received

2015-07-20: Got our case # from NVC on the phone and same day transferred to the Embassy

2015-07-27: According to the CEAC site, our case is ready for the interview

2015-08-12: Medicals

2015-09-02: INTERVIEW:-))))

2015-09-06: ACCEPTED!!! (Checked also on ustraveldocs.com), delivery company called me when can they deliver the docs

2015-09-18: POE: ATLANTA

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2015-11-01: Marriage Ceremony took place in our home

2015-11-02: Marriage License signed and handed over to the Probate Court

2015-11-09: Marriage Certificate is ready to pick up

2015-11-16: Docs sent to USCIS with Fedex

2015-11-18: Docs delivered to USCIS with Fedex

2015-11-23: Got 3 txt msgs with 3 different receipt numbers (MSC# - AOS, EAD, AP)

2015-11-27: 3 NOA#3 received by mail

2015-12-09: Biometrics appointment letter received by mail - Appointment is on the 21st December

2015-12-21: Biometrics was taken for EAD

2015-12-21: RFE received regarding I-485 (W2 was requested)

2015-12-22: Evidence (W2) sent back to USCIS

2015-12-28: Biometrics appointment letter received by mail - Appointment is on the 4th January

2016-01-04: Biometrics was taken for AOS

2016-02-01: Service request sent regarding EAD

2016-02-02: Service request was sent to an officer for response
2016-02-05: Expedite request sent
2016-02-11: Second service request sent, assigned to an officer same day
2016-02-12: EAD/AP card is being produced!!!
2016-02-17: EAD/AP card is being mailed!!!

Current status:

:goofy: Waiting for GC or waiver :goofy:

If you're going to stay with him, you're going to get hit again, because it sounds like this is escalating. First he throws things at you for no reason, then he knocks you around and kicks you? KICKS YOU!? What kind of man does this stuff?

Go make a police report, and ask them to take you to a woman's shelter. Ask your church for help. Don't tell him, and don't let him make excuses for his behavior toward you or apologise: it's classic abuser behavior. He's not going to get any better. My sincere sympathies to you.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Since you're new to this church, I guess you don't have a lot of friends there that aren't his friends. Can you join a different church or attend one in a different denomination for the time being?

During the heat of the moment, rumours will arise in the shared community and people will take sides and a lot of these conversations will prevent you from doing the only thing that you should be doing: keeping yourself safe. DV is one of these things that everyone believes it's "other people's problems" and it takes time for the friends of the couple to understand how bad it was. Some will be very dismissive ("you're being sensitive", "it was just a few times, he's not like that", etc...) and encourage you to try to save the marriage now. You don't need that.

Get yourself safe first. Then you'll have time to get back to your preferred denomination church, and even in the future try to fix this marriage (after he takes the steps sandranj mentioned above).

May 29th, 2015 - Sent AOS package

June 1, 2015 - Package received by USCIS

June 4, 2015 - Biometrics Fee Accepted

June 20, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

June 30, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment

August 6, 2015 - I-131 approved

August 6, 2015 - Your card was ordered

August 7, 2015 - I-765 approved

August 20, 2015 - EAD received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.